Home

Steve Foley shot and is in surgery.....

This is a discussion on Steve Foley shot and is in surgery..... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2006, 06:21 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Steve Foley shot and is in surgery.....

Your way out of line with your comments rawdog. All you guys talk junk about cops but will be the first ones to call them when something goes wrong. Cops can't win for trying these days. Nothing they do is right in the publics eye. You all have no clue as to what they deal with everyday. If people did what they were told when a police officer spoke to them it would alleviate a lot of problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #26
Living The Dream!

Victor99's Arena

OVR: 9

Amen Pratt.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #27
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Foley will miss the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=176437&hubname=nfl
Old 09-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratt75
Your way out of line with your comments rawdog. All you guys talk junk about cops but will be the first ones to call them when something goes wrong. Cops can't win for trying these days. Nothing they do is right in the publics eye. You all have no clue as to what they deal with everyday. If people did what they were told when a police officer spoke to them it would alleviate a lot of problems.
Not to say I agree with dude, but on the flipside though Pratt, a good majority of cops misuse their power, which is why there is an overwhelming sense of distrust towards them. I've been pulled over by both a#@#$% being A#$@#$ and good cops just doing there job. I'll agree, its unfair to good cops who do their job but that's the breaks.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #29
Living The Dream!

Victor99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Not to say I agree with dude, but on the flipside though Pratt, a good majority of cops misuse their power, which is why there is an overwhelming sense of distrust towards them. I've been pulled over by both a#@#$% being A#$@#$ and good cops just doing there job. I'll agree, its unfair to good cops who do their job but that's the breaks.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion and while I agree that there are indeed police officers who overstep their authority, to say that it's a "good majority" is a pretty bold statement. I truly believe the majority of law enforcement wheter it be city, county, sheriff deputies, state troopers, etc. are geniune and good. Being a Firefighter Paramedic myself, we work with them a lot on incidents both large and small. I've never had any issues with them and I have the utmost respect for them.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #30
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor99
You are certainly entitled to your opinion and while I agree that there are indeed police officers who overstep their authority, to say that it's a "good majority" is a pretty bold statement. I truly believe the majority of law enforcement wheter it be city, county, sheriff deputies, state troopers, etc. are geniune and good. Being a Firefighter Paramedic myself, we work with them a lot on incidents both large and small. I've never had any issues with them and I have the utmost respect for them.
Amen.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 09-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #31
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I'm sure the cop showed his badge. Why would you hang out with a woman who would try to run over a cop. Some players are just stupid.
That's the thing, no report confirms if the policeman had indeed shown his badge.

As for the policeman almost getting hit by the car, not to bag on the guy, but since he wasn't in uniform nor was in he in a marked car, it's obvious that both Foley and Girlfriend did not believe this guy was a policeman. That whole attempted running over thing happened after the policeman fired warning shots.

By the way, I read this in another forum where they're having a discussion about this, one of the members has a brother who works for the police force around the county, it's best if I just paste it: (credit to the original poster)

Quote:
My brother was on duty in another part of the county when this happened but he heard it go down on the radio. When i called him early that day to before it came out on the news, he did not know it was a charger involved and that's when he told me the suspect had blocked the police car from leaving the culdesac.
Still too many missing details, but I'm still led to believe that this whole event was just a bunch of screwups thrown in all together by everyone involved.

Last edited by BatsareBugs; 09-04-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2006, 12:01 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
I would.

I don't know all of the details, but it doesn't sound like the cop was in the wrong here.
I don't know all the details either. But it sounds like to me the cop doesn't need to have a badge. He handled this thing entirely wrong. He should have called it in & followed him until the on-duty officers arrived if he truly felt he was impaired. But it seems obvious to me Foley thought he was a crackpot. That's why he kept driving. & when the cop bradishes his gun, Foley says its a BB gun. Cop should have realized then he needed to get someone in uniform over there. But no, he follows the guy 35 miles to his home.

Now what is Foley suppossed to think? Its one thing to have to deal w/crazy people on the street or @ the job. But now he thinks there is some crazy person who's invading his own home. & when a man feels his home & family are threatened, he's going to act like a cornered wolverine. Sounds like to me, Foley & his girl were trying to scare the guy off, she revs his engine, the dude fires @ the car, Foley rushes the guy to protect the girl.

If the officer had acted w/any lick of sense, this whole thing would never had happened. If, I repeat, IF Foley was drunk, then no question he deserves some of the blame. But there is also no question that the cop was an idiot & his gung-ho, Barney Fife, Keystone cop attitude got a man shot for nothing.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »