Home

Steve Foley shot and is in surgery.....

This is a discussion on Steve Foley shot and is in surgery..... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2006, 06:19 PM   #57
Living The Dream!

Victor99's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Steve Foley shot and is in surgery.....

Yeah. To say "99.9 percent of cops are bad guys" is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Like I said, for those that don't work in public safety(Police, Fire, EMS, etc) you really don't know what we deal with on an everyday basis. I usually don't take such a hard stance on issues, but this is one exception.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:49 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

I know the thread is somewhat old but Foley agent finally released a press statement and things just got even shadier....

Press Release from David Levine Steve Foley’s Agent

San Diego Charger linebacker Steve Foley is hospitalized and in fair condition. He has been in intensive care and is recovering from gunshot wounds suffered when he was shot by an off-duty Coronado police officer on September 3, 2006. Steve was shot three (3) times; twice in the back of the left leg and once in the outside of the left thigh. He also has what is believed to be a gun shot wound to his right hand.

Steve is aware of the manner in which the incident is being portrayed by law enforcement in the media. He will respond at the appropriate time and in the appropriate forum. For now, his efforts are being directed toward recovering from his injuries. Steve wishes to thank the Chargers, his fans and the community for its continuing support.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #59
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Just sounds like the cop wasn't shooting to kill.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:42 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. carraba
Just sounds like the cop wasn't shooting to kill.
More like he shot him from behind. There was only one Cop and there seems to be little reason why a cop who is under attack as this cop was supposed to be would/could shoot a guy in the back of his leg.

I cant visualise a scenario in which that line of trajectory could occur that would be consistent with a self defense type shooting.

On a side note the PD is fireing back

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SD/9660363
Old 09-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
More like he shot him from behind. There was only one Cop and there seems to be little reason why a cop who is under attack as this cop was supposed to be would/could shoot a guy in the back of his leg.

I cant visualise a scenario in which that line of trajectory could occur that would be consistent with a self defense type shooting.

On a side note the PD is fireing back

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/SD/9660363
Steroids? This has gotten a bit more interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2006, 08:24 AM   #62
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Foley's BAC was 3 times the legal limit. That combined with being a huge football player is intimidating.

This guy isn't new to this kind of stuff.

"Since 1999, Foley has been arrested at least five times, including cases that police say involved alcohol and confrontations with officers."

He knows the score. And for people saying they wouldn't pull over or the cop shouldn't have pulled him over... his BAC was .233. Do you know how high that is? I know it's California, but do you want to drive on the road with someone who is that intoxicated? This is a wakeup call for Steve Foley.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 09-15-2006, 09:05 AM   #63
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
Foley's BAC was 3 times the legal limit. That combined with being a huge football player is intimidating.

This guy isn't new to this kind of stuff.

"Since 1999, Foley has been arrested at least five times, including cases that police say involved alcohol and confrontations with officers."

He knows the score. And for people saying they wouldn't pull over or the cop shouldn't have pulled him over... his BAC was .233. Do you know how high that is? I know it's California, but do you want to drive on the road with someone who is that intoxicated? This is a wakeup call for Steve Foley.
I don't think anyone's saying Foley shouldn't have been pulled over. People are questioning why he got shot. Now with the police asking for warrants and blood samples to see if he was on sterioids the police are just trying to smear Foley as much as they can.

Foley was drunk, and definitely has a criminal past but this steroid thing is a total reach. Who cares if he's on roids? What does that have to do with anything? The cop who shot him didn't know that at the time. This reminds me of rape cases where the defense tries to portray the victim as a "slut" who had it coming. I obviously don't know what happened that night, but this situation is only getting uglier and uglier.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #64
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

You ever deal with someone who is drunk (to the .233 BAC extent) and on roids?

As far as I can see he was shot for advancing on a police officer and putting his hand in his pocket. Has this been proven untrue?

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »