Home

So the NFC has not shot?

This is a discussion on So the NFC has not shot? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #41
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: So the NFC has not shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
As for your list of AFC teams I suggest you take the Ravens off of it. You clearly haven't been following them. The way McNair, Clayton, Williams, and Heap have been playing recently some would say their offense has been more effective than the Chargers you fear... and that's without mention of Jamal and Mason who've been inconsistent and Ogden, who was hurt this week. You should be very afraid.
Agreed. Chargers offense at least going in to this past week was the #1 scoring offense in the NFL. So I still think the Chargers are better offensively. But imo, the Ravens are indeed the team to beat in the AFC. As I said in another thread. Imo, it's the Ravens that are the team no one wants to play in the post season, not the Chargers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #42
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: So the NFC has no shot?

I don't know about the nfc but the Cowboys certainly have no shot at winning anything.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-26-2006, 06:50 PM   #43
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
A loss is a loss.
Yes a loss is a loss but getting beat 42-17 is completely different from losing by a touchdown, especially when the Saints have shown that they are more than capable of moving the ball(#1 offense in the nfl). Even though the saints lost they still had a chance to win until the end but the cowboys got dominated.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-29-2006, 05:39 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Aren't the Chargers due for their yearly choke job(s)? I mean, they were -- the past couple years -- the best team not in the playoffs because of a few questionable losses ... so shouldn't it be rearing it's ugly head again? Especially with a receiving corp that's not putting up the numbers it did last year?

I mean, I expect them to represent the AFC, but I'm a little leary. Especially with Baltimore lookin' so great.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:59 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 15

I amazingly agree with Erod.

There are only two legit teams in the AFC the Ravens and the Chargers. I actually think that the ravens could win it all again this year i dont think the Chargers can beat them. The other teams are give and take, much like every team in the NFC.

I at one time thought that the Bears could run roughshod through the playoffs, but with all the injuries in our defense, we are going to need Grossman to carry us and im not sure that is going to happen.

Still i think its plenty possible that the Bears or the Saints win it all. There are no invincible teams in the NFL anymore. The chargers are prim for a let down considering their Coach and their young QB. The Ravens have had similar cold streaks and every other AFC team is highly beatable. Even an 8-8 Carolina team that sneaks in has the talent to make a run to the SB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2006, 11:40 AM   #46
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Yes a loss is a loss but getting beat 42-17 is completely different from losing by a touchdown, especially when the Saints have shown that they are more than capable of moving the ball(#1 offense in the nfl). Even though the saints lost they still had a chance to win until the end but the cowboys got dominated.
Basically, the Saints shouldn't bother going on the field if they have to face Baltimore? Seeing as Baltimore dominated that game.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:10 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 7

It's like Patriots-Rams, only this time the NFC is being counted out.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:13 PM   #48
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

I find this thread amusing if for no other reason thatn I had to listen to every Cowboy/Giant/Redskin/49er fan calling for the AFC to be disbanded in the 90's.

The bottom line is that there seems to be a swing every 10 years or so. The NFC dominated the 80s and 90's due to the best teams (listed above) being in the NFC. The AFC had the 70's and now the pendulum has swung back.

Having said that, I don't think any team in the AFC is so dominant it can't be beaten, but I do think that most of the playoff teams from the AFC are superior to anything the NFC has to offer.

But as the man says, on any given sunday................

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »