Home

TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

This is a discussion on TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 12-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #9
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Actually the defense couldn't stop my high school team, that went 0-12 right now. The defense has looked pitiful the past few weeks. 42, 28, 23 (easily could have been more). Romo has been a spark, but the defense has been a huge disappointment.
Exactly. That's been our problem. Seriously, they go from putting up a amazing game against Indy to getting torched. The DBs are nowhere near any reciever. Hell even Eli had a big game against us. They have been atrocious. No word can describe how bad they have been.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
How has he been a distraction lately?

He seems to be dropping a lot of balls, but other than that he seems to be having a pretty quiet/normal season, especially by his standards.

I disagree. From claiming he sleeps during team meetings, to the preseason hamstring issues, to the "suicide attempt", to the "I'm not getting the ball enough" complaints, to the "I don't trust anyone, they're all out to get me"...and doesn't even include the huge drops at crucial moments of big games. Games TO used to thrive in.

While all of these might be minor issues, there's plenty, and they're keeping TO in the spotlight, and IMO, they do classify as distractions.

Similar to his situation in Philly, everyone pretty much kept quiet through the whole ordeal....even Donovan tried to. We really don't know what the perception of TO is in the lockerroom, and probably won't until he's out of Dallas. Like Philly, Dallas is full of class act players. They're going to keep their mouths shut for the sake of the team.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #11
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Whether or not he returns is not the Cowboys problem,it's our defense stopping teams on 3rd down.I say bring him back,he's had a great year even with the drops,I wonder what our record would be if he wasn't here. T. O.Being a distraction IMO is overrated by the media,they just pick and choose who to f**k with.Tom Brady criticized his team a few weeks ago and everyone said he was just being a "leader",if T.O. does the same thing he's throwing his team under the bus,I hope he stays.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2006, 03:41 PM   #12
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Personally, I'd rather have him back and get rid of Parcells. TO speaks his mind, there is nothing wrong w/ that. Most players/coaches will beat around the bush w/ answers, TO speaks about whatever/whenever. He has dropped some HUGE balls this year and if it weren't for that he'd have some unbelievable numbers. Still w/ the drops, he's had a pretty damn good season, especially playing w/ bum fingers, etc.

Thing w/ Parcells is that he can't get the players motivated anymore. There was a lot of fire from the opposition though. Look at the "BIG" games, over the past few weeks. You're at HOME, playing for playoff seeding, the Saints ROLL YOU. You beat Atlanta, big deal, then you let the Eagles come in to your house and ROLL YOU, when you should be FIRED UP at the chance to finally bring home a division title and a home game for the playoffs. I'm sorry, but Parcells just can't motivate this team at all. The Saints and Eagles came in w/ chips on their shoulders, daring the Boys to knock it off. The Boys came in w/ a "Meh" attitude, that isn't going to cut it. It wouldn't shock me if they lost to the Lions next week, seriously.

Yes, the signing was worth it, but it's obvious the Boys need help at the safety position and O-line. TO and Glenn aren't getting any younger, so they will have to draft there. Crayton and Hurd look like keepers though. Brady James doesn't look anything like he did last year. He made plays last year, he is just simply out of position all the time now.

Is TO a game changer, I think he still is, but lately it's been a game changer for the wrong reasons, his drops are coming at the absolute worst times. I think that will improve when he gets healthy. I hope he comes back, but somehow I doubt it will happen. I'm just sick and tired of Parcells and not having his players ready for the big game. No adjustments after halftime, etc. It's just getting so old. Sean Payton took him to the woodshed a few weeks ago, that was the sign I needed. I hope they can somehow bring Fisher in from the Titans, but I doubt it.

I'm so f'ing bitter tho, so my mood will change after the Lions game and maybe some luck and an Atlanta win.
Man I agree with you 100% about Parcells..But look at it this way you could have Tom Coughlin as your head coach, talk about motivating your players!!LOL. As far as TO he looks like he is now a good not a great wr..Even though he has good #'s he is lacking the speed and explosion that seperated him from other receivers and it looks like teams are starting to increasingly play him straight up man to man..I don't know if he is the type of receiver that's going to get your team over the hump anymore like he did with Philly..With the negativity surrounding his every move , the drops in clutch situations and the chemistry he destroys in the locker room I don't know if it's worth it to bring him back..The boys have a good core of wideouts without him and less the headache but with that said TO at 75-80% is alot better than a majority of wideouts...Want to trade TO for BURRESS..LOL
Old 12-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 21

TO is having a good season despite a gimped hand and drops. He is not a distraction and is not the reason why the Cowboys have been losing as of late.
If Dallas had won the Saints and Philly game, this thread would not exist.

The media is gonna amplify anything TO does. The NFL Network actually had a segment on why TO wore a Santa Hat after the game, WTF ? WHO CARES, the game was over. They act as though TO did not want to win the game or did not care about losing, then beat him up for saying he wants the ball more. How can you not care AND want the ball more ?

TO did not give up 42 points to the Saints and did not gameplan the Eagles game. They really need to get Glenn and Owens involved in the game early, even go 3 wide and get Crayton in the mix also. Then when they get a lead they need to stomp on the other teams neck instead of going into kill the clock mode. Save that crap for the 4th quarter.

Parcells is a good coach and evidently there is something he sees thats making him reign the offense in instead of opening it up. However, come the playoffs, he's gotta let the O GO. Take the muzzle off, unleash the beast and let it bite whoever is in the yard. As for the Defense, they have really got to work on their blitz's, They never seem to get there. The gotta be the worst blitzing team in the league.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #14
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

The following are my thoughts and impressions of the situation in as unbiased a view as possible as I personally don't like T.O. all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Does he return?
I don't know, at times TO's looked really good and at other times he gets back to his old antics of being a major pain in the arse. Also remember that he's usually best behaved during the first year or so of his stay with a team and then he turns into a monster. I think it all hinges on whether Parcells stays or goes.

Quote:
Does Parcells return if TO stays?
Personally no, Parcells has at times seemed really energized by this team. I mean I never thought i'd see Parcells kissing his players after a game...EVER. He truly seems to like Romo a lot but I think behind the scenes he doesn't really like TO all that much. You can tell this is the case as for a large portion of the season he just didn't have TO in the gameplan all that much and when he did TO would invariably drop a big pass so the trust level drops even further.

Quote:
Was the signing worth it?
Yes, as much as I hate TO the guy can put a team over the top when he's motivated. Just look at what he did in his first year in Philly. I'm sure Jones was banking on the defense being good enough to keep games close and Parcells utilizing TO to full effect in the passing game. Unfortunately for Jones this hasn't been the case for most of the year even though the Cowboys have one of the more statistically explosive offenses in the league.

Quote:
Is TO no longer a game-changing WR?
Hard to say, remember TO has been playing for most of the year with messed up fingers so he can't catch the ball like he did before. He should've disclosed the injury a lot sooner then he did. Then again, i've seen some WRs play with bad hands and still make some good catches. It seems TO can't even make the routine catch at times. I've never seen him have so many drops in a single season. I think we need another year of TO as a marquee WR and fully healthy to get the full answer.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-26-2006, 06:26 PM   #15
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

IMO, he's not worth the headaches, nor the money. All the questions about Owens and having to defend Owens and having to deal with his crybaby attitude and his need for attention and cause headlines and this, that and the third...eventually, it wears down on ya. This nutball was at the Eagles' hotel the night before the game...supposedly playing cards or whatever with Mike Patterson and them.

And on top of all that...he doesn't do damage against his former team and now rival? Dropping balls that are right there in his hands? Besides his touchdown yesterday, he has been a non-factor in both Eagles games. Sad.

Not worth it. Terry Glenn can put T.O.'s stats up and can be more clutch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #16
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
It seems TO can't even make the routine catch at times. I've never seen him have so many drops in a single season. I think we need another year of TO as a marquee WR and fully healthy to get the full answer.
He has always dropped balls, and he is getting older. People shouldn't be surprised to see a guy who has always dropped balls doing it more frequently when he is past his prime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »