Home

TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

This is a discussion on TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #161
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
That's the point though, we are the same team without him so why keep him? He is a disgrace. Like I said before, I am embarrassed that he is on my team. It's everything with him. Almost every other player on the team hates the guy.
And you know this how? ESPN? OS where you post more than anyone else? Please tell us your inside info on how the teams feels about him.
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #162
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
I personally doubt another team gives him a chance. And WR is a strength for us, with or without the player. Crayton is #1 is %rec/targeted pass. Meaning, he basically catches almost anything thrown his way. I personally think Crayton is going to be a real good WR.

I don't want this type of guy on my team, horrible teammate and a horrible person. Nothing but a attention craving idiot. He really couldn't care what the team does as long as he gets his stats.
Disagree. The Cowboys receivers combined (including TEs, RBs, minus TO) have 13 receiving touchdowns. Owens has 13 by himself.

Terrell Owens drawing coverage allows the other receivers to get open easier, and there is no way I see them doubling their touchdown production without him on the team.

I also think it is unfair to criticize Owens by saying he doesn't want to win. Owens came back from injury sooner than required to help the Eagles in their Super Bowl season, and he's played injured for the Cowboys this year as well. If he only cared about himself, why would he risk his body/career just to play in a game, when he could just as easily sit on the bench collecting paychecks? Could it be because he wants to win?

Owens has helped the Cowboys win this year, and he has had an impressively quiet season by my standards.

Please provide me specific details on what specifically he has done that comes even close to the fiasco he went through in Philly.

Writing a book, sitting out pre-season games with an injury, and wearing a biking outfit while pedaling on the sidelines does not qualify as actions worthy of instant dismissal from a team in my opinion. Using attempted suicide as a means for Owens to draw attention to himself is despicable and embarassing to whomever suggested it in this thread. That's another discussion for another time, but to suggest that someone would overdose on medication solely to gain the spotlight makes it difficult for me to value anything else you might say on a matter remotely considered serious. If you think Average Joe's are the only people that get depressed, and that money is the cure all for anything remotely relating to depression, I can wholeheartedly and honestly say that I think you are an idiot. I have no idea who made the ridiculous statements in this thread, and I'm not going to take the time to go back and check, but please, educate yourself before implying that rich people don't get depressed and would thus use depression and suicide attempts as a sole means for gaining attention.

The fact that those are the best examples you (whoever it was) is able to bring up against T.O. shows how weak an argument you have. All of the things you mentioned are whitebread non-factors, and if that's all you have against TO, then I think you are relying far too heavily on his past antics on previous teams to fuel your current hatred for a player that has, in my opinion, improved since then.

I'm pretty much done in this thread, as it is starting to loop around and cover the same material with new words. The final thing I will say is that Terrell Owens is not a team player, but not many elite wide receivers are. Wide out is a position that seems to come with the desire to be in the spotlight, and has primarily been driven by a "me first" attitude. Marvin Harrison would be my exception, and if you all think Terrell Owens is such a monster, I'd hate to hear what you have to say regarding Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, even Michael Irvin. At least Terrell Owens puts up numbers representative of a top receiver in the league instead of talking a lot of smack and doing a whole not of nothing.

And if you think the Cowboys other receivers are able to step in for TO and double their production all the while, I think you are a bit jaded by your dislike for a player that is easily among the top tier of receivers in the league.

I'd love to see the Cowboys get rid of Owens, and I fully endorse any other action they may consider that will make their team worse. Ideally they put all the blame on Owens this off-season, make no changes to the areas that they truly are deficient in, and enter next season without any shot of winning the NFC East.

Thus, after trading away their superstar and making no other changes, they can become the Sixers of the NFL. The results won't be pretty and you'll have trouble selling tickets for the new stadium, but hey, at least Owens will be gone.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #163
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas
And you know this how? ESPN? OS where you post more than anyone else? Please tell us your inside info on how the teams feels about him.
That's relevant how? Oh wait, I forgot your the person that says I should go root for another team because I said something bad about the defense. Doh.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:46 AM   #164
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Well, Terence Newman said so. And it's not like he retracted his statement after T.O. said otherwise.

And then Jason Witten backed Newman's statement.

Just sayin'.....
Old 01-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #165
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I wrote for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram for 9 years, and I still know just about all the writers in Dallas. That is what they ALL tell me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #166
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
That's the point though, we are the same team without him so why keep him? He is a disgrace. Like I said before, I am embarrassed that he is on my team. It's everything with him. Almost every other player on the team hates the guy.
Quote:
Quote:
That's relevant how? Oh wait, I forgot your the person that says I should go root for another team because I said something bad about the defense. Doh.
1. Answer the original question.

2. You always bad mouth the Boys. You are the reason for the quote from Steve in my sig. You make ridiculous statements and get sensitive when you are called on them. So please tell me how a bandwagon, fair weather fan in New Jersey, who just discovered the Cowboys 5 or 10 years ago has inside info?
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 01-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #167
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
1. Answer the original question.

2. You always bad mouth the Boys. You are the reason for the quote from Steve in my sig. You make ridiculous statements and get sensitive when you are called on them. So please tell me how a bandwagon, fair weather fan in New Jersey, who just discovered the Cowboys 5 or 10 years ago has inside info?

You seriously want to resort to that now? That has been answered what 100 times?

And to "answer" your original question, it's obvious. Let's see, Owens distances himself from said teammates. Owens also said that there is a snitch in the locker room of said teammates. Newman comes out and says that a lot of players talk but don't show up on the field, Witten says that Newman is most likely talking about Owens, this coming after Owens had a horrible game against Philly where he had a couple of easy catches where he once again drops 'em. Those said teammates were also ticked that Owens on the night before the game was out with his former teammates from the Eagles.

It's seriously as easy as 1+1=2. If you don't think that teammates hate him, your just being delusional.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #168
Rookie

TRASHMAN2K's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod
I wrote for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram for 9 years, and I still know just about all the writers in Dallas. That is what they ALL tell me.
That very well may be true but from my dealings with the media I dont trust them at all. The most important thing I have seen is the sale of a paper and a great headline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »