Home

TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

This is a discussion on TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 12-26-2006, 11:11 PM   #25
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

I really hope T.O. retires in Dallas. Perhaps maybe even have an altercation involve scissors.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2006, 12:16 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
With each passing week, the rumblings about TO not returning to Dallas next year are growing louder and louder. Those that say TO hasn't been a distraction are simply ignoring the situation.

Does he return?

Does Parcells return if TO stays?

Was the signing worth it?

Is TO no longer a game-changing WR?

I could go on and on. I'm interested in hearing opinions from a Dallas fan's perspective.
at this point Sullly, I wouldn't mind if TO and Parcells would be gone. With T.O., like Tom Jackson says on Countdown every week, it's always something with T.O. With Parcells, you wonder if the game has passed him by.

No, T.O. signing was not worth it. Is he still a game changing WR? I think he can be. What we don't see are the crossing and post routes that we saw in SF and Philly. I don't think he's back. Jerry Jones said today basically that he is disappointed in what we've gotten from Owens this year. I think Parcells has handled him well, by not, handling the situations but that could cause a big problem in the lockeroom with other players seeing Owens getting the preferential treatement.

Jones has had some strong words after last nite. Basically saying that what is happening is an indictment of the entire organization, starting at the top and down to the bottom. He said changes will be made.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 12-27-2006, 12:25 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Actually the defense couldn't stop my high school team, that went 0-12 right now. The defense has looked pitiful the past few weeks. 42, 28, 23 (easily could have been more). Romo has been a spark, but the defense has been a huge disappointment.
...and we damn sure shouldn't be depending on Romo to carry the team. I know we joke about his "greatness" but still he's only started 9 games. The money and the drafts have been spent on the defensive side of the ball. The DEFENSE should be carrying this team, not Romo. Romo has struggled the last few weeks when he felt like he had to give the team a spark and make things happen. That's when he's gotten into trouble lately. The defense gave up 3 drives of 80 yards or more yesterday. That's pathetic! The offensive line just blew our front 7 away. I'm with you, I wouldn't be mad if Parcells is gone. He can take his soft *** 3-4 defense with him. We need to go back to the 4-3. Ware and Canty on the ends, Spears and Fergi inside to stop the run. James, Carpenter and Burnett and LB. If Parcells is here next year, Mike Zimmer better be gone!

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 12-27-2006, 12:29 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Exactly. That's been our problem. Seriously, they go from putting up a amazing game against Indy to getting torched. The DBs are nowhere near any reciever. Hell even Eli had a big game against us. They have been atrocious. No word can describe how bad they have been.
That is what's so frustrating about the last few weeks. They came out and were aggressive against Indy. They were physical off the line with their receivers the whole game. Yesterday, first quarter, I see Newman and Henry lining up 10 yards off the Philly receivers. I'm like, uh, Zimmer, this is a west coast offense, you may want to play up on the receivers or Garcia will take the short passes all damn day. That said, what is being covered up is Henry is hurt. He has a bum knee and that's why he's been pathetic of late. Newman was on today and said after the game, Lito Sheppard came up to himm and told him he was robbed of the Pro Bowl and that made him feel good.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:22 AM   #29
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Questioning Parcells? Eh. He has turned a mediocre team with a lack of huge stars (besides TO who takes himself out of the game) into one competing for the playoffs.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 12-27-2006, 08:35 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 18

Yeah, that is funny to me. Here you have an overachieving team, a 9 game starting qb leading you (Parcells pulled the trigger to get Romo in, where as Jerry Jones wanted to stay with Drew). You have a complete head case in t.o. and a secondary that is mediocre at best, and yet you are in the playoffs. Parcells is a two time champion he knows how to win in the NFL. t.o. is a completely self absorbed idiot, he recently admitted he basically gives up when he feels he doesn't get the ball early enough, what the hell does that mean? When the score was 16-7 he dropped the ball that could have put them right back in the game. He also dropped the big 4th down play against the Giants the first time they played. So theoretically t.o. has cost the Cowboys 2 wins.

All things considered, you get rid of t.o. and get two quality receivers for him. Couple that with what Dallas already has and I think Dallas would be just fine next year.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:48 AM   #31
Owner and News Editor

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Yeah, that is funny to me. Here you have an overachieving team, a 9 game starting qb leading you (Parcells pulled the trigger to get Romo in, where as Jerry Jones wanted to stay with Drew). You have a complete head case in t.o. and a secondary that is mediocre at best, and yet you are in the playoffs. Parcells is a two time champion he knows how to win in the NFL. t.o. is a completely self absorbed idiot, he recently admitted he basically gives up when he feels he doesn't get the ball early enough, what the hell does that mean? When the score was 16-7 he dropped the ball that could have put them right back in the game. He also dropped the big 4th down play against the Giants the first time they played. So theoretically t.o. has cost the Cowboys 2 wins.

All things considered, you get rid of t.o. and get two quality receivers for him. Couple that with what Dallas already has and I think Dallas would be just fine next year.
That's all well and good, but to see your team get manhandled like they did against the Saints and Eagles at home, speaks volumes about the coach getting his players ready for the big game. The Saints players sure played like they knew what was on the line, a very big possibility of a bye week in the first round of the playoffs, the Eagles sure looked like they knew what was on the line, the division! The Boys looked flat in BOTH of those games, when they should have been fired up.

What was Bill's response? "We'll see what we're made of next week". Next week Bill? How about you see what the hell they are made of the week you can put the f'ing division away for the first time in almost 10 f'ing years. You play the Lions this weekend, odds are in your favor there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a big letdown heading into the playoffs. The Boys are a playoff team, but they sure aren't playing like one, late in the season, when you are supposed to SEE WHAT YOUR TEAM IS MADE OF!
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2006, 09:20 AM   #32
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

i think one, not both will be back. just not sure which one is coming back yet. one thing about t.o. though. he is still a very good wr, but dude ain't no spring chicken. he isn't the biggest AND fastest guy running around in the secondary anymore. he doesn't get as much separation from db's as he used to. his injured hands are part of the problem with the drops, but don't discount the fact that he isn't getting open the way he did two years ago with philly. the injuries to his hands have also limited him being physical at the line to get off press and bump-n-run coverage. a lot of things go into it but the common factor is his age. i think he is in his early thirties or so. not necessarily OLD but older and it shows. on a side note, anyone else think there will be a bad end for t.o. at some point? he reminds me of mike tyson a little in that once the spotlight goes out for good, there is no telling what he'll resort to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »