Home

TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

This is a discussion on TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame
 
SoMiss2000's Arena
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dallas
Posts: 20,494
Blog Entries: 2
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
Questioning Parcells? Eh. He has turned a mediocre team with a lack of huge stars (besides TO who takes himself out of the game) into one competing for the playoffs.
The same Parcells who's teams in 3 of the last 4 years have FADED in December. We backed our way into the playoffs his first year. THAT, was his best coaching job. Last year, we faded in December. Playoff spot on the line and we went to Washington and got blown out. This year, with so much on the line, we get blown out at home by the Saints. I don't even feel bad about that one because we were simply outfoxed in every facet of the game by Sean Payton and the Saints. Home game, FOR THE DIVISION and a possible 2 seed and first round bye, and THIS PARCELLS TEAM, didn't look prepared and they got their asses handed to him. I was called a bandwagon fan when I suggested the annual December slide during the first half of the Falcon game. Doesn't look like I was too far off. Theyll get the Lions in here this week and beat them like a drum and everything will appear to be okay, but we'll see different in Seattle on WC Weekend. Jerry Jones has given this man EVERYTHING he could ask for and is not getting it done. I know a lot of the blame can be placed on the players but it starts with the coach. If he's back next year, and changes aren't made, especially with Mike Zimmer as defensive coordinator, I'm going to be one pissed off fan.

I'm sick of giving Parcells the benefit of the doubt based on what he's done damn near 20 years ago. Bottom line, he's taking 6 million of Jerry Jones' money this year and ain't gettin it done! I would be the last person to want Parcells out but now, I am not opposed.
__________________
"Never trust a big butt and a smile."-Ricky Bell
Check out www.sliderset.net



Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

Last edited by SoMiss2000; 12-27-2006 at 10:15 AM.
SoMiss2000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #34
It is now the SW Era
 
muggins's Arena
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Swartz Creek, MI
Posts: 5,382
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

Hey, let JJ fire him. There are plenty of teams that would like a coach who has proven he can turn around teams (and go 9-6 btw). At least your team will be in the playoffs.
__________________
Proud member of the OS Bills Backers.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
muggins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:35 AM   #35
*ll St*r
 
wwharton's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 27,587
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Yeah, that is funny to me. Here you have an overachieving team, a 9 game starting qb leading you (Parcells pulled the trigger to get Romo in, where as Jerry Jones wanted to stay with Drew). You have a complete head case in t.o. and a secondary that is mediocre at best, and yet you are in the playoffs. Parcells is a two time champion he knows how to win in the NFL. t.o. is a completely self absorbed idiot, he recently admitted he basically gives up when he feels he doesn't get the ball early enough, what the hell does that mean? When the score was 16-7 he dropped the ball that could have put them right back in the game. He also dropped the big 4th down play against the Giants the first time they played. So theoretically t.o. has cost the Cowboys 2 wins.

All things considered, you get rid of t.o. and get two quality receivers for him. Couple that with what Dallas already has and I think Dallas would be just fine next year.

While you're on potentially game changing drops, lets not forget the one against the skins that would've made the fg try a nonissue. Then lets look at the other ones that weren't so obvious. He dropped at least 2 key 3rd down passes against the Saints and at least one other big one against the Skins.

For all of you defending them, explain this one to me... you have a guy that you want as your main target in big situations who keeps dropping passes... in those situations. You've got another guy (Glenn) who's proven to be able to make big plays himself and a stud at the position usually used for clutch situations like 3rd and long (Witten) BUT the dropper (TO) constantly complains about not getting enough balls thrown his way (even though he's probably leading the league in passes thrown his way) and that they're not thrown early enough in the game for him. What is the coach supposed to do? How is that just "being competitive" and "wanting to win"?

Most importantly, how is that not distracting?
wwharton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2006, 10:38 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame
 
SoMiss2000's Arena
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dallas
Posts: 20,494
Blog Entries: 2
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
Hey, let JJ fire him. There are plenty of teams that would like a coach who has proven he can turn around teams (and go 9-6 btw). At least your team will be in the playoffs.
Parcells ain't coaching no where after he leaves Dallas. He's 65 and no one is going to hire him on a year to year basis. Jerry won't have to fire Parcells. I think he'd quit first. When has 9-6 or 10-6, and just making the playoffs ever been good enough for the Dallas Cowboys. I'm not trying to be an *** but there are certain franchises in sports where anything short of the Championship is a disappointment. when we've had the chance to control our own destiny the last 2 years, we've choked. We brought Parcells here to turn this thing around and to get #6.
__________________
"Never trust a big butt and a smile."-Ricky Bell
Check out www.sliderset.net



Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
SoMiss2000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:01 AM   #37
MVP
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
While you're on potentially game changing drops, lets not forget the one against the skins that would've made the fg try a nonissue. Then lets look at the other ones that weren't so obvious. He dropped at least 2 key 3rd down passes against the Saints and at least one other big one against the Skins.

For all of you defending them, explain this one to me... you have a guy that you want as your main target in big situations who keeps dropping passes... in those situations. You've got another guy (Glenn) who's proven to be able to make big plays himself and a stud at the position usually used for clutch situations like 3rd and long (Witten) BUT the dropper (TO) constantly complains about not getting enough balls thrown his way (even though he's probably leading the league in passes thrown his way) and that they're not thrown early enough in the game for him. What is the coach supposed to do? How is that just "being competitive" and "wanting to win"?

Most importantly, how is that not distracting?

How IS it distracting ? Romo himself has stated WR's drop passes. I do recall Glenn letting one bounce out his hands and ended up a INT. T.O has dropped some big catches but despite that they are NOT whats wrong with the Cowboys as a team.

Its funny how the media and some people here can preach that "team" crap and beat up on T.O for being "selfish" but when Dallas starts to lose, its ALL T.O's fault.

For the T.O haters name ONE thing he has done this year to bring this team down. The media amplifies this mans life on and off the field and judge him and hold him to be accoutable for EVERY thing he says and does and even things he has nothing to do with.

Parcells calling a run play on 4th and goal after being stuffed TWICE was T.O's fault, right ? That DB coming in untouched to lay the smack down on Barber was T.O's fault, right ?

T.O aint a diplomat(nor is he paid to be) and he does run his mouth, but NONE of that is why Dallas is sitting in the position they are in now. If you want to hate T.O for whatever reason is fine, but this Cowboys Season cannot be blamed on anything he had done so far this year.
TombSong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #38
Banned
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Aug 2002
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
How IS it distracting ? Romo himself has stated WR's drop passes. I do recall Glenn letting one bounce out his hands and ended up a INT. T.O has dropped some big catches but despite that they are NOT whats wrong with the Cowboys as a team.

Its funny how the media and some people here can preach that "team" crap and beat up on T.O for being "selfish" but when Dallas starts to lose, its ALL T.O's fault.

For the T.O haters name ONE thing he has done this year to bring this team down. The media amplifies this mans life on and off the field and judge him and hold him to be accoutable for EVERY thing he says and does and even things he has nothing to do with.

Parcells calling a run play on 4th and goal after being stuffed TWICE was T.O's fault, right ? That DB coming in untouched to lay the smack down on Barber was T.O's fault, right ?

T.O aint a diplomat(nor is he paid to be) and he does run his mouth, but NONE of that is why Dallas is sitting in the position they are in now. If you want to hate T.O for whatever reason is fine, but this Cowboys Season cannot be blamed on anything he had done so far this year.
Here is at least one thing. Prior to the recent letdowns, Dallas was riding pretty that had just beaten the colts, the 9-0 colts. Everything was sitting pretty, then t.o. decides to pull an interview out of his a** that has nothing to do with the then current successes of the team but rather to do with things that had happened months ago! He talks about not trusting anyone, he talks about, Parcells not saying anything to him concerning his "accidental" overdose. He talks about everything concerning him and nothing concerning the team. The statements he made were intended to put him in the spotlight at the risk of team unity, it just so happens that Parcells is wise enough not to play his game. That whole interview was a ploy to put t.o. in the news at the expense of team cohesiveness(see the eagle team that just tore the cowboys a new one and determine for yourself how important team unity is).

A second thing that you have seemed to ignored are all of the big passes he dropped that potentially have cost at least 3 games! Let's see if you add three more wins to cowboys record they win the division and get a first round bye. You can attribute the cowboys current standing directly to t.o. not getting it done. Oh, and which is it, does he drop passes because of his fingers(the recent spin) or is it because he doesn't feel wanted and is bored (the original spin), or is it because he doesn't get the ball earlier enough in the ball game (the most recent spin)?

Bottomline, t.o. is an idiot that doesn't know how to shut his mouth. You don't have to speak everytime someone puts a mike in your face.
NovaStar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #39
Banned
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Aug 2002
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
That's all well and good, but to see your team get manhandled like they did against the Saints and Eagles at home, speaks volumes about the coach getting his players ready for the big game. The Saints players sure played like they knew what was on the line, a very big possibility of a bye week in the first round of the playoffs, the Eagles sure looked like they knew what was on the line, the division! The Boys looked flat in BOTH of those games, when they should have been fired up.

What was Bill's response? "We'll see what we're made of next week". Next week Bill? How about you see what the hell they are made of the week you can put the f'ing division away for the first time in almost 10 f'ing years. You play the Lions this weekend, odds are in your favor there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a big letdown heading into the playoffs. The Boys are a playoff team, but they sure aren't playing like one, late in the season, when you are supposed to SEE WHAT YOUR TEAM IS MADE OF!
I understand your point Steve. But most games turn on milestone events within the game. Again, when the score was 16-7, t.o. dropped the pass that would have put you guys right in prime scoring position. That would have made the score 16-14 or at least 16-10. To me, t.o. has done that time and time again, this year. Do you blame Parcells for that? You guys were on a nice roll, the loss to the saints, well that stuff happens, it is one game. But the lossess to the redskins and the eagles can be attributed to supposedly big time players not stepping up. I would be willing to bet that Terry Glenn doesn't drop those passes. Additionally, once the game gets later on in the second half and Romo starts pressing if you guys are down and it changes the whole offensive dynamic.

You guys were a couple of key drops from home field and a bye. I don't know if you put that all on Parcells not having the team ready. The game against the eagles was a hard fought one up and until the last quarter. But I do understand that Parcells is to take some of the blame for getting outcoached in certain instances, that I do feel you on.
NovaStar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #40
It is now the SW Era
 
muggins's Arena
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Swartz Creek, MI
Posts: 5,382
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Parcells ain't coaching no where after he leaves Dallas. He's 65 and no one is going to hire him on a year to year basis. Jerry won't have to fire Parcells. I think he'd quit first. When has 9-6 or 10-6, and just making the playoffs ever been good enough for the Dallas Cowboys. I'm not trying to be an *** but there are certain franchises in sports where anything short of the Championship is a disappointment. when we've had the chance to control our own destiny the last 2 years, we've choked. We brought Parcells here to turn this thing around and to get #6.
I'm sorry that the Cowboys have to play in a league with such travesties as the Cardinals and Lions! They should just play with God instead, obviously they deserve it.
__________________
Proud member of the OS Bills Backers.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
muggins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 PM.

Top -