Home

TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

This is a discussion on TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-27-2006, 11:47 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

Quote:
I understand your point Steve. But most games turn on milestone events within the game. Again, when the score was 16-7, t.o. dropped the pass that would have put you guys right in prime scoring position. That would have made the score 16-14 or at least 16-10. To me, t.o. has done that time and time again, this year. Do you blame Parcells for that?
Still, I have 0 confidence we could've stopped them defensively. The blame for the defense falls squarly on the shoulders of Parcells. He has gotten every player he's wanted. He has the scheme he wanted and the ish ain't working. It's vanilla, it's predictable and it just doesn't work.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2006, 11:48 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 12

I think he'll be back. He appears to be on Jerry Jones good side and I don't think he'll let TO be cut.
NHL: Lightning and Ducks
Old 12-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Still, I have 0 confidence we could've stopped them defensively. The blame for the defense falls squarly on the shoulders of Parcells. He has gotten every player he's wanted. He has the scheme he wanted and the ish ain't working. It's vanilla, it's predictable and it just doesn't work.
SM2 I don't know about that. I watched you guys shut down a colts offense that pretty much has it's way with every team they play, even when they lose. I was very impressed with the way you guys played D in that game. I would agree that Parcells is responsible for the personnel and scheme but until recently I don't see that as being the Cowboys main problem. Against the eagles the score was 16-7 deep into the 4th qrtr, to me that isn't a badly played defensive game. As a matter of fact, the only game where I think your D was totallly manhandled was against the Saints. I agree with what Steve said above, Parcells has to have you guys ready to play ball, coupled with some minor adjustments here and there.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:23 PM   #44
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

This is a very interesting thing going on with Dallas, first T.O is speaking his mind, which he is going to do, he is T.O, and yes, he drops the most important passes, but he catches some decent ones too. T.O isn't the problem, I mean, he is distracting and annoying, and borderline ********, but he plays his @$$ off every single play, which is good in my book. The problem is the defense and motivation. The defense was fine, and then all of a sudden, they are like the Colts out there. The Cowboys are definitely an NFC team, inconsistent as hell. They are still a year away from being that top team, which is why I think T.O and Parcells stays.
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 12-27-2006, 12:29 PM   #45
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Yeah, that is funny to me. Here you have an overachieving team, a 9 game starting qb leading you (Parcells pulled the trigger to get Romo in, where as Jerry Jones wanted to stay with Drew). You have a complete head case in t.o. and a secondary that is mediocre at best, and yet you are in the playoffs. Parcells is a two time champion he knows how to win in the NFL. t.o. is a completely self absorbed idiot, he recently admitted he basically gives up when he feels he doesn't get the ball early enough, what the hell does that mean? When the score was 16-7 he dropped the ball that could have put them right back in the game. He also dropped the big 4th down play against the Giants the first time they played. So theoretically t.o. has cost the Cowboys 2 wins.

All things considered, you get rid of t.o. and get two quality receivers for him. Couple that with what Dallas already has and I think Dallas would be just fine next year.
Overachieving? They are underachieving by far. I may be the only one but I saw this a 12 win team, and they have been disappointing.

And it's not all TO. How about Parcells going for it on 4th and goal in the 1st and runs a sweep, a freaking sweep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2006, 12:31 PM   #46
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
SM2 I don't know about that. I watched you guys shut down a colts offense that pretty much has it's way with every team they play, even when they lose. I was very impressed with the way you guys played D in that game. I would agree that Parcells is responsible for the personnel and scheme but until recently I don't see that as being the Cowboys main problem. Against the eagles the score was 16-7 deep into the 4th qrtr, to me that isn't a badly played defensive game. As a matter of fact, the only game where I think your D was totallly manhandled was against the Saints. I agree with what Steve said above, Parcells has to have you guys ready to play ball, coupled with some minor adjustments here and there.
Trust me, the Eagles did whatever they want. The defense was terrible. The Eagles didn't punt 'till the 2nd half. We held them 2 FGs twice on the GL. The defense got torched, no two ways about it.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Overachieving? They are underachieving by far. I may be the only one but I saw this a 12 win team, and they have been disappointing.

And it's not all TO. How about Parcells going for it on 4th and goal in the 1st and runs a sweep, a freaking sweep.
I would say the giants(my team) are underachieving. I would go as far as to say that on paper the giants should be leading the division. When I look at the Cowboys (going into the season) I didn't know what to make of the team. As it stands know, to me Romo was overachieving, the running game found a gem in the back other than jones (I forget his name) but in no way would I have thought 12 wins for that team. I thought that you guys would be iffy (meaning could make the playoffs, could not make the playoffs).

In regards to the sweep, c'mon now. The eagles had just stopped your best goaline runner twice up the gut, I didn't think the sweep was the best play to run but I do understand why they ran it. To me the best play would have been playaction with a pass to the idiot (t.o) or the T.E. But I do understand the thinking behind the sweep.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:49 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Trust me, the Eagles did whatever they want. The defense was terrible. The Eagles didn't punt 'till the 2nd half. We held them 2 FGs twice on the GL. The defense got torched, no two ways about it.
I would say that your D bent alot but didn't break. As you said they stopped the eagles twice on the gl and made them settle for fgs. That is always a victory for the D when that happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »