Old 01-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #49
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Packers vs Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
But he did beat the Lions.
Jistic, I'm not saying I think the Cowboys will beat the Bears, but I can only hope that if they do manage to get by Seattle, which I don't think they will, they get Chicago in the 2nd round. Chicago is the only team that I think Dallas can beat in the playoffs, but their defense is so bad, they will probably make Grossman look like Montana.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Jistic, I'm not saying I think the Cowboys will beat the Bears, but I can only hope that if they do manage to get by Seattle, which I don't think they will, they get Chicago in the 2nd round. Chicago is the only team that I think Dallas can beat in the playoffs, but their defense is so bad, they will probably make Grossman look like Montana.
I would LOVE for the Bears to play the Cowboys in two weeks. I know we'll get 'em next year at home, but a playoff game would be sweet.

Old 01-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #51
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't feel stats wise, Driver and Walker have been good every year in the league, neither was Freeman.

Driver has 4 out of 8 seasons with 3, 21, 13 and 52 catches. Those years are less than 1,000yds receiving.

Walker caught 22 catches his 1st year and 41 his second year with the Packers.

Freeman had 6 of 9 seasons where he had less than 1,000 yds. receiving and 2 seasons with 10 or more TD's.

Those three receivers have not been played consistantly great in every season they played.

I'm just saying most of the elite HOF QB's in the league has had HOF type receivers to throw to. Elway, Montana, Young, Marino, Aikman etc.......
Please stop with Brett Farve had no one to throw bit! There is no way he attain the numbers he got with bums!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2007, 11:11 PM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Please stop with Brett Farve had no one to throw bit! There is no way he attain the numbers he got with bums!!
Ok. Stats don't lie. I never once said the players were bums, that's your word.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:45 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
man the worst part about this game isn't losing to the packers it is all this **** about griese griese griese now, gmafb he didn't play well at all last night either. Rex played terrible but one of those ints was tipped and one was a great play by the defense. He's no Tony Romo though! /puke

Yeah i laughed at that too. The backup QB is always the most popular guy in the city, ive been of the mind that Griese isnt much of anything and have always wondered why people keep clamouring for him like he is somekind of high end QB, he played just as bad as rex, he competed a few passes but didnt do anything to warrant a contreversey.

I hope this butwhippin puts the team in a bad mood for whoever we play in two weeks.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:25 AM   #54
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, they are all on the level of a T.O., Irvin, Rice, Harrison, etc...

Sharpe ended his career early, Franks? the guy isn't even starting anymore, Freeman was a 5th round draft choice that peaked early and you never heard from again, Driver was a 7th round draft choice, Rison, was at the end of his career.

I'll give you Walker, but he only had one good season in GB. Chmura was a good TE whose career ended early as well.

Besides Walker and Franks who has fizzled, none of those above are 1st round blue chip WR's.

This year it's been Ruville Martin and Caryle Holliday in the hit parade. Jennings was injuried and recovering from that injury most of the season.
Driver has four 1,000+ receiving yard seasons... has scored 36 td's and been to 1 pro bowl while with Farve...

Walker had one 1,000+ receiving yard season... but he improved every year... just because he didn't light the world on fire his first and second years in the league doesn't make him not good. Also made a pro bowl while in Green Bay and finished with 22 td's in the 3 seasons he was healthy in Green Bay.

Sharpe led the league in back to back seasons in receptions... finishing each season with over 1,000 yards in the 92 and 93 seasons. He also totaled 1,000 yards in 5 of his last six years of his career. Also can't forget he was a 5 time pro-bowler... certainly no loser there...

Freeman had 3 straight 1,000 yard receiving seasons, reached one pro bowl and finished with over 6,500 yards receiving and 57 td's in his green bay career.

Franks is a 3 time pro bowler... so yeah, he must be pretty bad as well.

Chmura also was a 3 time pro bowler...

Your right the stats don't lie.... 14 pro bowl season among them, 13-1,000 yards receiving seasons, and plenty of great careers among them. How you can say he didn't have talent surrounding him is beyond me... Throw in Ahman Green who is a 4 time pro bowler at RB, and William Henderson who has made 1 pro bowl and is steady as there is at FB and I'd have to say Farve has been pretty lucky with the talent he's been blessed to play with.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #55
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
Driver has four 1,000+ receiving yard seasons... has scored 36 td's and been to 1 pro bowl while with Farve...

Walker had one 1,000+ receiving yard season... but he improved every year... just because he didn't light the world on fire his first and second years in the league doesn't make him not good. Also made a pro bowl while in Green Bay and finished with 22 td's in the 3 seasons he was healthy in Green Bay.

Sharpe led the league in back to back seasons in receptions... finishing each season with over 1,000 yards in the 92 and 93 seasons. He also totaled 1,000 yards in 5 of his last six years of his career. Also can't forget he was a 5 time pro-bowler... certainly no loser there...

Freeman had 3 straight 1,000 yard receiving seasons, reached one pro bowl and finished with over 6,500 yards receiving and 57 td's in his green bay career.

Your right the stats don't lie.... 14 pro bowl season among them, 13-1,000 yards receiving seasons, and plenty of great careers among them. How you can say he didn't have talent surrounding him is beyond me... Throw in Ahman Green who is a 4 time pro bowler at RB, and William Henderson who has made 1 pro bowl and is steady as there is at FB and I'd have to say Farve has been pretty lucky with the talent he's been blessed to play with.
Thanks for all the research, but I was responding to someone that said Driver , Walker and Freeman had all good seasons in GB with Favre. I showed that the seasons were not consistantly good, like a Rice, Harrison, Irvin, Holt, Carter, Andre Reed, Moss, Lofton etc.......

The Packer players listed above are not HOF worthy, except the jury is still out on Walker, as he is in his prime. Favre has had good to decent talent at the skill positions, but noone that is HOF worthy, with the exception of Walker and he has one good year as a Packer.

Freeman had 3 good seasons and nosedived. Say what you will about Franks, since he signed his big $ contract, he hasn't been to a Pro Bowl and didn't start towards the end of the season.

Sharpe was a great receiver that had the potential to be HOF worthy, but his career was cut short with an injury.

Besides Sharpe and Walker and I'm leery putting Walker in the same catagory as Sharpe, Favre in his prime, helped these players to become good to great players. He didn't have a Moss, Harrison, Rice, Lofton, Irvin to throw passes to. I would think the players that Favre played with should be lucky to be blessed with playing with a HOF QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #56
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar

The bottom line is that a lot of the greats (QB's) had HOF calibre WR's to throw to. Favre never had such thing. When you thought of the best receivers at that time you'd list Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Herman Moore, Isaac Bruce ect. The Packers receiving corps is filled with 2nd tier guys who are good collectively as a unit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »