Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007, 01:46 PM   #57
*ll St*r
 
wwharton's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 27,587
Re: Packers vs Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ok. Stats don't lie. I never once said the players were bums, that's your word.
You said Favre didn't have anyone to throw to. You may have meant he didn't have a HOF WR but you said it to act as if he was throwing to bums, especially since the thought that every great QB has had a HOF WR is just as ridiculous.

You listed a bunch of names, why not list their WRs and comparable stats? I mean Montana and Young are no brainers. The thought that Favre has been a gunslinger b/c he hasn't had Rice is funny at best. Lets see the names and stats for Elway, Marino, etc. And why do you keep listing Moss? I don't even know if you're talking about Randy or Santana... I know neither is in the HOF. Maybe GB should trade for Randy and then Favre can have the guy you want. I'm sure they can get him for a 4th rounder.
wwharton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #58
Banned
 
OVR: 47
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: California
Posts: 32,590
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Packers vs Bears

Driver is a underrated WR and Walker would have been a stud on Green Bay for years to come.
Scottdau is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #59
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,372
Re: Packers vs Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
The bottom line is that a lot of the greats (QB's) had HOF calibre WR's to throw to. Favre never had such thing. When you thought of the best receivers at that time you'd list Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Herman Moore, Isaac Bruce ect. The Packers receiving corps is filled with 2nd tier guys who are good collectively as a unit.
This is what I've meant and Vince said it best. I agree, I shouldn't have said he didn't have anyone to throw to.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #60
*ll St*r
 
wwharton's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 27,587
Re: Packers vs Bears

I guess Brady followers will be saying the same when his skills have deminished and he refuses to make the necessary adjustments to his game.
wwharton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:26 PM   #61
Banned
 
OVR: 47
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: California
Posts: 32,590
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Packers vs Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This is what I've meant and Vince said it best. I agree, I shouldn't have said he didn't have anyone to throw to.

Sure he might not had great receivers, but he did have a awesome RB. Green was a stud and if they used him more in his prime and less Bret taking chances they would have won more Super Bowls! Just look at Elway and Davis!
Scottdau is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #62
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,372
Re: Packers vs Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
Sure he might not had great receivers, but he did have a awesome RB. Green was a stud and if they used him more in his prime and less Bret taking chances they would have won more Super Bowls! Just look at Elway and Davis!
I agree with everything you said, but to add one more part. Green was sometimes in Holmgren's and Sherman's doghouse because of the way he fumbled a lot. I don't recall him fumbling this year, though.

I agree though, that Holmgren and Sherman and now to a certain extent, McCarthy passed more than they ran.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #63
Banned
 
OVR: 47
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: California
Posts: 32,590
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Packers vs Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with everything you said, but to add one more part. Green was sometimes in Holmgren's and Sherman's doghouse because of the way he fumbled a lot. I don't recall him fumbling this year, though.

I agree though, that Holmgren and Sherman and now to a certain extent, McCarthy passed more than they ran.
Being a Vikings fan I have learn to hate Bret, but damn he is a winner and one tough son of a bitch! I just think if he play a little bit more cautious he would have won more. I do agree he won a lot of games with his arm, but in the playoffs you have to play a little smarter!
Scottdau is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #64
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,372
Re: Packers vs Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
Being a Vikings fan I have learn to hate Bret, but damn he is a winner and one tough son of a bitch! I just think if he play a little bit more cautious he would have won more. I do agree he won a lot of games with his arm, but in the playoffs you have to play a little smarter!
Well, the Vikes early on took care of Favre in the dome. He said a few years ago he hates playing in that place.

Yeah, 6 int's against the Rams didn't help matters, and there is the 4th and 26th game. I don't blame that game on Favre because they had plenty of chances of winning before he tossed that one.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.

Top -