Home

Packers vs Bears

This is a discussion on Packers vs Bears within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2007, 01:46 PM   #57
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Packers vs Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ok. Stats don't lie. I never once said the players were bums, that's your word.
You said Favre didn't have anyone to throw to. You may have meant he didn't have a HOF WR but you said it to act as if he was throwing to bums, especially since the thought that every great QB has had a HOF WR is just as ridiculous.

You listed a bunch of names, why not list their WRs and comparable stats? I mean Montana and Young are no brainers. The thought that Favre has been a gunslinger b/c he hasn't had Rice is funny at best. Lets see the names and stats for Elway, Marino, etc. And why do you keep listing Moss? I don't even know if you're talking about Randy or Santana... I know neither is in the HOF. Maybe GB should trade for Randy and then Favre can have the guy you want. I'm sure they can get him for a 4th rounder.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 47

Driver is a underrated WR and Walker would have been a stud on Green Bay for years to come.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
The bottom line is that a lot of the greats (QB's) had HOF calibre WR's to throw to. Favre never had such thing. When you thought of the best receivers at that time you'd list Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Herman Moore, Isaac Bruce ect. The Packers receiving corps is filled with 2nd tier guys who are good collectively as a unit.
This is what I've meant and Vince said it best. I agree, I shouldn't have said he didn't have anyone to throw to.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #60
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I guess Brady followers will be saying the same when his skills have deminished and he refuses to make the necessary adjustments to his game.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:26 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
This is what I've meant and Vince said it best. I agree, I shouldn't have said he didn't have anyone to throw to.

Sure he might not had great receivers, but he did have a awesome RB. Green was a stud and if they used him more in his prime and less Bret taking chances they would have won more Super Bowls! Just look at Elway and Davis!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
Sure he might not had great receivers, but he did have a awesome RB. Green was a stud and if they used him more in his prime and less Bret taking chances they would have won more Super Bowls! Just look at Elway and Davis!
I agree with everything you said, but to add one more part. Green was sometimes in Holmgren's and Sherman's doghouse because of the way he fumbled a lot. I don't recall him fumbling this year, though.

I agree though, that Holmgren and Sherman and now to a certain extent, McCarthy passed more than they ran.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
I agree with everything you said, but to add one more part. Green was sometimes in Holmgren's and Sherman's doghouse because of the way he fumbled a lot. I don't recall him fumbling this year, though.

I agree though, that Holmgren and Sherman and now to a certain extent, McCarthy passed more than they ran.
Being a Vikings fan I have learn to hate Bret, but damn he is a winner and one tough son of a bitch! I just think if he play a little bit more cautious he would have won more. I do agree he won a lot of games with his arm, but in the playoffs you have to play a little smarter!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #64
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
Being a Vikings fan I have learn to hate Bret, but damn he is a winner and one tough son of a bitch! I just think if he play a little bit more cautious he would have won more. I do agree he won a lot of games with his arm, but in the playoffs you have to play a little smarter!
Well, the Vikes early on took care of Favre in the dome. He said a few years ago he hates playing in that place.

Yeah, 6 int's against the Rams didn't help matters, and there is the 4th and 26th game. I don't blame that game on Favre because they had plenty of chances of winning before he tossed that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »