Home

Old 01-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Packers vs Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, the Vikes early on took care of Favre in the dome. He said a few years ago he hates playing in that place.

Yeah, 6 int's against the Rams didn't help matters, and there is the 4th and 26th game. I don't blame that game on Favre because they had plenty of chances of winning before he tossed that one.

Yeah that was not his fault, but he didn't help matters. The funny is if he had thrown a TD on that play, no one would even think about it. He takes changes. Just like the Raiders game where he had that awesome night. If the Raiders D played better they would have had more picks. Not to take anything away from Bret, one hell of a QB and warrior!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #66
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Packers vs Bears

I don't agree that Favre has thrown too much over his career. He's a HOFer playing like he has... nothing but respect for that.

My problems with Favre have been with his inability to adjust when his game began to deteriorate the last few years and the statement that he hasn't had anyone to throw to. He's got more to throw to NOW than some QBs have ever had. He's not the same player but no one can tell him that. I hope he retires this year so he can feel like he went out on somewhat of a good note but at this point in his career he's as much of a problem for THAT team as anyone. If he were on another team with the talent you're talking about around him he probably could still be very successful but I don't think he should go to another team. He could be more successful with the Packers if he just got a little humility.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »