Home

steelers @ bengals

This is a discussion on steelers @ bengals within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2006, 01:22 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
steelers @ bengals

this is always a fun game. i really give the bengals about a zero chance of losing because this is by far the biggest game of their season, and it's pittsburgh, and it's been about a year since the playoffs, so it's fresh on their minds. i'm sure pitt would love to spoil it though.

for the bengals to make it, we need the jets to lose against oakland (haha yeah like that will happen) or the broncos to lose (against the 49ers..it's possible) AND the chiefs to beat the jags. the odds aren't real great...but hey, it could happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2006, 10:45 AM   #2
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: steelers @ bengals

Lot of if's there. They had their chance to control their own destiny and blew it. Not happy about that. Anyway, a Steelers-fan friend of mine from Erie, PA, came down last night to go to the game with me. Be interesting to see how Bengals fans act towards him, or any other Steelers fan. I hope I don't get into any fights. People have become pretty obnoxious at these games anymore.

Best of luck to both teams and Happy New Year!
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 12-31-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Cincy 34
Pittsburgh 10

If last years playoffs are still on the mind of the Bengals, that's not a good thing and could spell trouble for them as it means they aren't worrying about the "here and now". However, I don't think the Bengals will be too worried about that despite what Jimmy W stated and is the reason I don't think this game will be close.

To be honest, I don't even care about this game. Lately I've found myself doing other things at my house while the game is on. The Steelers aren't playing well and have a coach who no longer has interest in coaching the team. Next week the season will be over and if Cowher's last press conference is any indication, he'll announce his retirement at that time as well. Have fun in North Carolina, Bill! For what it's worth, I think he'll come back to coach in a few years, but not with the Steelers.

With that said, the Steelers are out of the playoffs and the Bengals aren't making it in either. 2 disappointing teams this year. Many thought both would compete for the division title, but that wasn't even close to happening. The Steelers couldn't handle the post-Super Bowl success IMO. Couple that with Cowher's impending retirement, some injuries and poor play by many key players and that spelled doom. IMO Marvin Lewis needs to get a handle on his players. Either don't draft guys with bad rap sheets or find a way to get a handle on them. I really think that was a major deterrent for this team. Sure there were some injuries as well, but every team has them.....some overcome the injuries, some don't.

Enough of my rambling.

Last edited by mjb2124; 12-31-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

well apparently the bengals don't care about making the playoffs...
Old 12-31-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Parker fumbled at the 1 yard line... Wow. That's 2 weeks in a row he's fumbled inside the 5 yard line and I think the 3rd time he's done it this year.

The Steelers 9 redzone turnovers is the worst in the NFL and is a huge part of the Steelers struggles this year.

The Willie Colon penalty during the nice run by Ward was also costly during that drive.

7-3 Steelers, but I think that might change. Too many chances by the Steelers that they've screwed up today.

Last edited by mjb2124; 12-31-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2006, 03:08 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
7-3 Steelers, but I think that might change. Too many chances by the Steelers that they've screwed up today.
I'm good.....damn good. Next play TD Palmer to Henry for 66 yds. Parkers fumble deflated the Steelers team.

10-7 assuming Cincy can make the XP.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #7
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

Damn, Palmer just got smashed, hopefully it was just the wind getting knocked out of him. Still don't like the penalty call though.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Wow. Palmer down after Farrior hits him in the chest. Personal foul on Farrior. The personal foul call is the right call according to the rule, but the rule is a HORRIBLE rule IMO. How can one stop themselves in mid-tackle?

Stats say that's the 12th shot Palmer has taken today. Oline isn't doing a good job protecting him.

EDIT - Steelers are falling apart at the end. Looks like the Bengals will get a late TD to make it 17-14.

Last edited by mjb2124; 12-31-2006 at 03:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »