Home

TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

This is a discussion on TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

With each passing week, the rumblings about TO not returning to Dallas next year are growing louder and louder. Those that say TO hasn't been a distraction are simply ignoring the situation.

Does he return?

Does Parcells return if TO stays?

Was the signing worth it?

Is TO no longer a game-changing WR?

I could go on and on. I'm interested in hearing opinions from a Dallas fan's perspective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

the problem in Dallas isn't with TO
Old 12-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

How has he been a distraction lately?

He seems to be dropping a lot of balls, but other than that he seems to be having a pretty quiet/normal season, especially by his standards.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
With each passing week, the rumblings about TO not returning to Dallas next year are growing louder and louder. Those that say TO hasn't been a distraction are simply ignoring the situation.

Does he return?

Does Parcells return if TO stays?

Was the signing worth it?

Is TO no longer a game-changing WR?

I could go on and on. I'm interested in hearing opinions from a Dallas fan's perspective.

Personally, I'd rather have him back and get rid of Parcells. TO speaks his mind, there is nothing wrong w/ that. Most players/coaches will beat around the bush w/ answers, TO speaks about whatever/whenever. He has dropped some HUGE balls this year and if it weren't for that he'd have some unbelievable numbers. Still w/ the drops, he's had a pretty damn good season, especially playing w/ bum fingers, etc.

Thing w/ Parcells is that he can't get the players motivated anymore. There was a lot of fire from the opposition though. Look at the "BIG" games, over the past few weeks. You're at HOME, playing for playoff seeding, the Saints ROLL YOU. You beat Atlanta, big deal, then you let the Eagles come in to your house and ROLL YOU, when you should be FIRED UP at the chance to finally bring home a division title and a home game for the playoffs. I'm sorry, but Parcells just can't motivate this team at all. The Saints and Eagles came in w/ chips on their shoulders, daring the Boys to knock it off. The Boys came in w/ a "Meh" attitude, that isn't going to cut it. It wouldn't shock me if they lost to the Lions next week, seriously.

Yes, the signing was worth it, but it's obvious the Boys need help at the safety position and O-line. TO and Glenn aren't getting any younger, so they will have to draft there. Crayton and Hurd look like keepers though. Brady James doesn't look anything like he did last year. He made plays last year, he is just simply out of position all the time now.

Is TO a game changer, I think he still is, but lately it's been a game changer for the wrong reasons, his drops are coming at the absolute worst times. I think that will improve when he gets healthy. I hope he comes back, but somehow I doubt it will happen. I'm just sick and tired of Parcells and not having his players ready for the big game. No adjustments after halftime, etc. It's just getting so old. Sean Payton took him to the woodshed a few weeks ago, that was the sign I needed. I hope they can somehow bring Fisher in from the Titans, but I doubt it.

I'm so f'ing bitter tho, so my mood will change after the Lions game and maybe some luck and an Atlanta win.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 12-26-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 23

I would let TO go. The bottom line is that he is not worth it anymore. His play has not gotten Dallas to where it is now. Its been the defense and Tony Romo.

I was pro-TO until he mentioned Parcells not asking him how he felt after the apparent overdose. After the incident he said nothing happened and everything was fine, but he turns around a few weeks later and complains that Parcells didn't mention anything to him about it.

He trys his hardest to stir up trouble, alot like an 8 yr old would do.

Besides that, he has played like crap on the field. Not only did he drop a ton of passes, but alot of those passes would've been game changers and put Dallas in good position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #6
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Get rid of him. Sadly, I must admit he isn't worth it. He does some good things, playing hurt, then some bad things. The thing I hate most, is when we need him most, he drops a easy catch. Whether it's the Redskins game, that would have put that game away, or even yesterday on that long pass, it is too constant. He isn't worth it.

It's just everything with him. Most importantly, i'm sick of the drops in key parts of the game.

I think we have a decent WR core without TO, Crayton catches almost anything thrown his way. I think Owens is gone. Dallas saw it first hand, look at Philly. They are a better team right now, then with TO.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:13 PM   #7
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
His play has not gotten Dallas to where it is now. Its been the defense and Tony Romo.
Actually the defense couldn't stop my high school team, that went 0-12 right now. The defense has looked pitiful the past few weeks. 42, 28, 23 (easily could have been more). Romo has been a spark, but the defense has been a huge disappointment.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

TO is still the best player they got on their entire offense. Probably is numero dos after the almighty non-roid Marcus Ware...:y4:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »