Home

Dieselboy's Week 17 NFL Wrap-up

This is a discussion on Dieselboy's Week 17 NFL Wrap-up within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Dieselboy's Week 17 NFL Wrap-up

Week 17 NFL Wrap-up

Top Five

1. San Diego Chargers (14-2) LW = 1
Super Bowl or bust. I know that is a lot of pressure on an inexperienced team, but they are the leagues best, with homefield, anything short is going to be a letdown for this team.

2. Baltimore Ravens (13-3) LW = 2
I think they are plenty capable of a Super Bowl run, but I might be in the majority and I see them very susceptible to a surprise loss. Maybe it is because they never developed that dominating rushing attack like they have had in the past, I don’t know. But if they win the AFC, I won’t be shocked.

3. New Orleans Saints (10-6) LW = 4
The game meant nothing and they still almost beat the Panthers with the backups. Everyone loves the feel good story every year, and I wouldn’t put it past them to win the AFC, but the Saints aren’t world beaters by any means.

4. New England Patriots (12-4) LW = 5
I heard Rodney Harrison is out, and that is a huge blow to playoffs, but weren’t they impressive on Sunday? The Tennessee Titans had been one of the leagues hottest teams the 2nd half of the year, and the Patriots dominated them. I don’t think they are in the top two of the AFC, you could argue they are not even top five in the league, but going into the playoffs, don’t be shocked if they are in the AFC Championship game.

5. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) LW = NR
I know the Falcons were reeling, and they didn’t have anything to play for, but they won, with the backups. Jim Johnson has that defense playing like it used to carry this team. Scary NFC team.

Snubbed = Indianapolis Colts (12-4), Chicago Bears (13-3) LW = 3

Five Thoughts

1. I am shocked the Chiefs got in. Everything had to go right and it did. What is amazing to me, is how everyone is picking the Chiefs and Larry Johnson to run all over the Colts. Well, they might be able to run for 100+ but does anyone remember when these teams met before? The Chiefs were unable to stop the Colts offense and started onside kicking before the 4th quarter, right?

2. How about the Lions? Beating the Cowboys on Sunday has to feel good for Lions and their fans. The Cowboys had something to play for, and they lost to one of the leagues worst teams. I think they were a lot better of a team then their record stands. They lost seven games by seven or less points, and they are a relatively young team. Anyone notice that John Kitna threw for 4,200 yards?

3. The Denver Broncos absolutely choked. This just in, I am really scared of the team the 49ers are turning into.

4. Dennis Green? Fired. Jim Mora? Fired. Both franchises made the right decisions.

5. I don’t think Brett Favre is done. Last year, a lot of people thought the Packers didn’t want him back, but Favre still returned. This year, they want him back, and they will have a shot at the playoffs. #4 will be back.

Week Awards

Player of the Week: Tiki Barber - 250+ yards of offense, 3 touchdowns, in a must win game for the Giants. He was playing like it was his last game, and if they lost, it might of been.

Goat of the Week: Julius Jones and Marion Barber - The Cowboys rushing game accounted for 58 rushing yards in the loss to the Lions. 16 of which came from Tony Romo.

Quote of the Week: "If this is my last game, I want to remember it," Favre said, his voice cracking and tears streaming from his eyes. "It's tough. I love these guys. I love this game. What a great way to go out against a great football team. I couldn't ask for a better way to get out."

Playoff predictions:

Seattle vs. Dallas = Call me a homer if you want, but I like Seattle in this game. The team is finally healthy, at home, and the Cowboys are struggling. Seattle takes this one, 30-24.

Philadelphia vs. New York = You got to like the Eagles in this one right? I think Tiki Barber might try and put the entire team on his back, but the Eagles are red hot right now. Eagles win, 23-16.

Indianapolis vs. Kansas City = I mentioned it earlier, that this is the favorite upset pick, well, I am going to say the Colts win, 45-35, same score when the teams met last time.

New England vs. New York = I get a feeling the Jets feel content about making the playoffs. The Patriots do not. Patriots win 34-19.

Final Words: RIP Darrent Williams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2007, 01:05 PM   #2
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Dieselboy's Week 17 NFL Wrap-up

Saints are in the NFC, not AFC.

My Video Game Streams
Old 01-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
Week 17 NFL Wrap-up

Top Five

1. San Diego Chargers (14-2) LW = 1
Super Bowl or bust. I know that is a lot of pressure on an inexperienced team, but they are the leagues best, with homefield, anything short is going to be a letdown for this team.

2. Baltimore Ravens (13-3) LW = 2
I think they are plenty capable of a Super Bowl run, but I might be in the majority and I see them very susceptible to a surprise loss. Maybe it is because they never developed that dominating rushing attack like they have had in the past, I don’t know. But if they win the AFC, I won’t be shocked.

3. New Orleans Saints (10-6) LW = 4
The game meant nothing and they still almost beat the Panthers with the backups. Everyone loves the feel good story every year, and I wouldn’t put it past them to win the AFC, but the Saints aren’t world beaters by any means.

4. New England Patriots (12-4) LW = 5
I heard Rodney Harrison is out, and that is a huge blow to playoffs, but weren’t they impressive on Sunday? The Tennessee Titans had been one of the leagues hottest teams the 2nd half of the year, and the Patriots dominated them. I don’t think they are in the top two of the AFC, you could argue they are not even top five in the league, but going into the playoffs, don’t be shocked if they are in the AFC Championship game.

5. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) LW = NR
I know the Falcons were reeling, and they didn’t have anything to play for, but they won, with the backups. Jim Johnson has that defense playing like it used to carry this team. Scary NFC team.

Snubbed = Indianapolis Colts (12-4), Chicago Bears (13-3) LW = 3

Five Thoughts

1. I am shocked the Chiefs got in. Everything had to go right and it did. What is amazing to me, is how everyone is picking the Chiefs and Larry Johnson to run all over the Colts. Well, they might be able to run for 100+ but does anyone remember when these teams met before? The Chiefs were unable to stop the Colts offense and started onside kicking before the 4th quarter, right?

2. How about the Lions? Beating the Cowboys on Sunday has to feel good for Lions and their fans. The Cowboys had something to play for, and they lost to one of the leagues worst teams. I think they were a lot better of a team then their record stands. They lost seven games by seven or less points, and they are a relatively young team. Anyone notice that John Kitna threw for 4,200 yards?

3. The Denver Broncos absolutely choked. This just in, I am really scared of the team the 49ers are turning into.

4. Dennis Green? Fired. Jim Mora? Fired. Both franchises made the right decisions.

5. I don’t think Brett Favre is done. Last year, a lot of people thought the Packers didn’t want him back, but Favre still returned. This year, they want him back, and they will have a shot at the playoffs. #4 will be back.

Week Awards

Player of the Week: Tiki Barber - 250+ yards of offense, 3 touchdowns, in a must win game for the Giants. He was playing like it was his last game, and if they lost, it might of been.

Goat of the Week: Julius Jones and Marion Barber - The Cowboys rushing game accounted for 58 rushing yards in the loss to the Lions. 16 of which came from Tony Romo.

Quote of the Week: "If this is my last game, I want to remember it," Favre said, his voice cracking and tears streaming from his eyes. "It's tough. I love these guys. I love this game. What a great way to go out against a great football team. I couldn't ask for a better way to get out."

Playoff predictions:

Seattle vs. Dallas = Call me a homer if you want, but I like Seattle in this game. The team is finally healthy, at home, and the Cowboys are struggling. Seattle takes this one, 30-24.

Philadelphia vs. New York = You got to like the Eagles in this one right? I think Tiki Barber might try and put the entire team on his back, but the Eagles are red hot right now. Eagles win, 23-16.

Indianapolis vs. Kansas City = I mentioned it earlier, that this is the favorite upset pick, well, I am going to say the Colts win, 45-35, same score when the teams met last time.

New England vs. New York = I get a feeling the Jets feel content about making the playoffs. The Patriots do not. Patriots win 34-19.

Final Words: RIP Darrent Williams
Giants will beat the Eagles
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 01-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

wow you quoted all that just to say the giants will win?

The Ravens offense is actually MUCH better than it has been in years, including 2000. It's funny that so many people think it's not good. You're right about the rushing attack being average at best but the passing is carrying the offense in a big way with a ton of options. Indy still scares me though.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Great writeup!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #6
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

HOMER.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:06 PM   #7
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton

The Ravens offense is actually MUCH better than it has been in years, including 2000. It's funny that so many people think it's not good. You're right about the rushing attack being average at best but the passing is carrying the offense in a big way with a ton of options. Indy still scares me though.
I know the offensive is very solid, but the rushing attack is mediocre. Maybe, Jamal Lewis is saving it for the playoffs.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #8
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
I know the offensive is very solid, but the rushing attack is mediocre. Maybe, Jamal Lewis is saving it for the playoffs.
lol, that's funny. I will say that since Billick gave up the RBBC idea the offense has been much smoother but I agree, Jamal has been average at best this year. All I'm saying is that the passing game has been better than it's ever been in Baltimore with Lewis being "good enough" to balance it. If he were anywhere close to 2 years ago the Ravens would be by far the best team in the league, but alas, he's a shell of his former self. That's why I worry about the Colts. Their weakness is the run but I can't imagine Jamal putting more than maybe 110 on them and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get 100. Meanwhile, the Ravens strength begins with run defense and have more trouble in pass coverage. They feed off of shutting down the opponents' run game, forcing them to throw the ball more and screw up their gameplan... that IS the Colts gameplan.

If the game happens we'll see how weak the Colts run d really is and how strong the Ravens pass d really is. Even if the Ravens win, they'll provide some useful film for whoever they've got next. Hopefully KC can take em down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »