Home

The Michael Vick discussion thread

This is a discussion on The Michael Vick discussion thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Who else thinks this is Vick's last year w/Falcons???

Vick has hardly had a squeaky clean image lately and the fact a house he owned had dog fighting going on hardly supports Vick's innocence. Where there's smoke there's fire and he needs to clean up his act. The fact of the matter is there are a lot of people that think dog fighting is OK. Just look at Clinton Portis and Chris Samuels laughing during the interview they were defending Vick. They blew off dog fighting like it was going to a strip club.

I do think Vick will be monitored very closely this year and Petrino will decide at the end of the year if he can win big games with Vick or not.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

I don't think he would be involved in dog fighting either. He's never had that money off the field issues even in college, until the past couple of years.

I dont discount the fact that, if Vick wasn't involved in dog fighting, the person that was leaving in his house, was. I think, and its just my opinion, that Vick knew something about what was going on in that house, regardless of what was going on, Its his house.

Sure he could let someone stay in it, no dout, and not be there often, but not be there ONCE in 3 years! I dout that. I mean, you have to be somewhat freinds with someone to just let them stay in a house you paid for, for 3 years, and your telling me you at least wouldn't go there one time?

I dont think Vick was involved in dog fighting (himself), but i do believe that he knew that the guy living at his house was. He might have let him stay, didnt care, he wasnt involved, whatever, but to say that he didnt know that there were 60 pitbulls in his house is crazy.

I mean, even if Vick called this guy on the phone, wouldn't you hear 60 Pitbulls! I mean, we all know people like that, might be freinds with them, They do stuff we dont like, but we dont say anything about it because its not us (weather its drinking, drugs, cheating, whatever). We try to make them see, but sometimes it just doesnt work, people are going to do, what they want to do. This guy was prob vicks, freind, or cuzin, and he let him stay there, but at the end of the day people are going to do what they want to do, and Vick was stupid enough to prob let it happen. Thinking no one will ever know, its not my problem. But i guess when your rich, you have houses all over, you just dont care and you just dont think about those things.. BUT MAN, at least put the house in the other guys name, your agent should have been smarter than that!

Ha and class act, were talking about the same guy that flicked off his own fans. Great talent, best ive seen, just doesn't have his head striaght.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #27
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That's not really true.

Some quick attendance numbers.

Last home game Matt Schaub started for Atlanta attendance was: 71,079

VIck's next start after the Schaub game at home attendance was: 70,995

Doug Johnson's last start the year Vick Broke his leg and ATL's record was 2-9: 70,891

Vick's last start in 2006 attendance: 68,824
These numbers only prove one thing... Matt Schaub brings peeps into the seats!

LOL, although I am slightly surprised the numbers weren't higher for Vick's return games.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Yup, it's completely far fetched to believe Vick had anything to do with dog fighting. Please. I'll wait till to see how this story pans out before I pass judgment, but to act like there's no chance there's any truth to this, especially given the circumstances doesn't make sense. But yes I know, there is a certain population out there, that must blindly defend all things Michael Vick.
Obviously Vick was involved with dog fighting, but the snitch isn't really credible either.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
That's not really true.

Some quick attendance numbers.

Last home game Matt Schaub started for Atlanta attendance was: 71,079

VIck's next start after the Schaub game at home attendance was: 70,995

Doug Johnson's last start the year Vick Broke his leg and ATL's record was 2-9: 70,891

Vick's last start in 2006 attendance: 68,824
Thats not completely fair...The Schaub game was against the Patriots (World Champs at the time) so they are going to bring in fans no matter what. The Vick game was against a Jets team with Brooks Bollinger starting so the fact that Vick was able to bring in 70 grand is still impressive. Vick is the Falcons only recognizable star. Lose him and this team goes back to late 1990's numbers

I lived in ATL before Vick came to the Falcons so I know about the city's relationship with sports teams. The city is more driven by stars than it is by winning teams. No one went to Falcons games before Vick. Even the Super Bowl year, fans didnt jump on the bandwagon until late in the season and the next year they were gone. Same goes for the Braves and Hawks. The Hawks were selling out the Omni when they had Nique but the minute he left the attendance numbers started to drop even though the team was still in the playoffs.

Last edited by aholbert32; 05-27-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #30
Banned

motorcrossman1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
A lot of Atlanta fans never liked Vick and never will.
agree, they hated him as soon as they seen his skin.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #31
Banned

motorcrossman1's Arena

Quote:
Yup, it's completely far fetched to believe Vick had anything to do with dog fighting. Please. I'll wait till to see how this story pans out before I pass judgment, but to act like there's no chance there's any truth to this, especially given the circumstances doesn't make sense. But yes I know, there is a certain population out there, that must blindly defend all things Michael Vick.
Once again, your a known Vick ***** and I'm still wondering why people respond to you, when everything out your mouth about Vick is negative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #32
Banned

motorcrossman1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
But was that because of the game or because of the speculation that Vick was returning? Anyway, nowadays he won't fill seats by himself but in years past he was the main draw for the Falcons.
Attendence is done by how many tickets was sold, and Atlanta sold alot that year but when Vick got hurt people stop showing up. Also Hawks attendence looks high by at a game it is mostly empty, Hawks less the tickets to sponser and corp. to make the numbers look decent.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »