Home

COMCAST making us pay for NFL Network

This is a discussion on COMCAST making us pay for NFL Network within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
COMCAST making us pay for NFL Network

I just came up with an idea. for those OS'ers like me that have comcast we must all call / email comcast and demand either of the following:

KEEP NFL NETWORK ON THE BASIC CABLE LINE UP
DEMAND A REBATE FOR THE LOSS OF THE NFL NETWORK

OR HERES SOMETHING VERY INTERESTING..

Part of Comcast's argument in court was that its customers shouldnt be forced to pay for channels they do not want!!

so .. demand the NFL network.. or remove those bull@#$% gay and lesb.. chick and other channels you do not want!! i say play to the letter of their legal arguement.. so.. if we cannot have the NFL network.. we shouldnt have to pay for lifetime.. oxygen.. logo.. bravo.. etc etc if we dont want them.. hey.. its worth a shot!!

so call them @ 1-800-comcast and protest the removal of the NFL network from basic service to a pay service (as part of their sports package)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: COMCAST making us pay for NFL Network

Sounds good but I'm calling today to get the package. I don't think it's that much extra and I think you get the NBA package with it.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

If I recall I think the package that included NFL network for me was $5-$10 extra. But this will be my first year with NFL network, I heard training camp coverage is good, can anyone confirm how the coverage is. Also what happens during the season, can you watch it on Sundays and get highlight from game going on around the league or just a highlight show after all the games? I will say NFL network makes the NFL offseason bareable. I like watch the 4 quick games on Sunday.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerlover
I just came up with an idea. for those OS'ers like me that have comcast we must all call / email comcast and demand either of the following:

KEEP NFL NETWORK ON THE BASIC CABLE LINE UP
DEMAND A REBATE FOR THE LOSS OF THE NFL NETWORK

OR HERES SOMETHING VERY INTERESTING..

Part of Comcast's argument in court was that its customers shouldnt be forced to pay for channels they do not want!!

so .. demand the NFL network.. or remove those bull@#$% gay and lesb.. chick and other channels you do not want!! i say play to the letter of their legal arguement.. so.. if we cannot have the NFL network.. we shouldnt have to pay for lifetime.. oxygen.. logo.. bravo.. etc etc if we dont want them.. hey.. its worth a shot!!

so call them @ 1-800-comcast and protest the removal of the NFL network from basic service to a pay service (as part of their sports package)

What you are suggesting is "a la carte" packaging and no cable or satellite company will ever do that. Congress refused to pass a law allowing that because it would destroy the cable industry. Just pay the 4 bucks a month for the sports package. You get 7 fox sports channels, the 2 soccer channels, NBATV and ESPN classic. Its a good deal.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
If I recall I think the package that included NFL network for me was $5-$10 extra. But this will be my first year with NFL network, I heard training camp coverage is good, can anyone confirm how the coverage is. Also what happens during the season, can you watch it on Sundays and get highlight from game going on around the league or just a highlight show after all the games? I will say NFL network makes the NFL offseason bareable. I like watch the 4 quick games on Sunday.
The package is 4.99 or 5.99 depending on where you live. You get trainging camp coverage, every preseason game, 8 live reg. season games, classic games (I saw the Giants/Niners playoff classic from a few years back last night) and NFL replay (They replay the 4 best games of the week).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Wow... Aaron says that like a guy who works for a cable network.... oh wait...

Actually, I agree... While I would prefer to have it for free (who wouldn't)... $5.00 is not much to ask for what you get.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 07-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm glad I got it for free on Direct TV.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Wow... Aaron says that like a guy who works for a cable network.... oh wait...

Actually, I agree... While I would prefer to have it for free (who wouldn't)... $5.00 is not much to ask for what you get.
I'm trying to keep my damn job! A la carte would kill my company. We need all of you to keep watching Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, TLC, Discovery Health, Fit TV, Military......;-)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »