Home

The New Official Michael Vick Thread

This is a discussion on The New Official Michael Vick Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: The New Official Michael Vick Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Leonard Little killed a woman and he only got 6 games I think. Vick wont get more than a year.
This was years and years ago. Things have changed since that incident occurred. I think Little should have been banned from the NFL for at least a year. He got another DUI like 6 years later, yet still plays for the Rams. It's ridiculous.

The NFL is a Business. If a player brings a negative image to the league, Goodell/Arthur Blank can fire him. The NFL is just like every other business in the United States. If I get sent to prison for a year, my boss has every right to shred my contract. And that is exactly what will happen with Michael Vick.

Last edited by Double Eights; 08-15-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 02:11 PM   #42
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eights
This was years and years ago. Roger Goodell has every right to fire Michael Vick.

The NFL is a Business. If a player brings a negative image to the league, Goodell/Arthur Blank can fire him. The NFL is just like every other business in the United States. If I get sent to prison for a year, my boss has every right to shred my contract. And that is exactly what will happen with Michael Vick.
He can't.

As Aholbert said, the longest he can suspend someone for is a year under the current agreement. I'm sure he would want to, and I'm sure he will try, but the NFLPA won't allow that.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #43
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

The CFL doesn't allow players suspended from the NFL to play in the CFL starting this year. So Vick won't be able to go up North to play football.

You have to remember thats its not the same commisioner that suspended Little for 6 games. I don't think Goodel will let Vick slide, personally I can't see him ever playing in the NFL again.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #44
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Please he wont ban him for life from the NFL. Goodell doesnt have the power under the CBA to do that and Vick (and the Players' Association) would sue and likely win.

Here is whats likely to happen: Vick will plea out and get a year. He will get parole in 6 to 9 months. Goodell will ban him for the 08 season (the longest he can suspend him under the current CBA). Vick will play in the CFL foin 2008 and in 2009 some team with QB issues will offer him a minimum contract. Vick will do an interview on Real Sports where he cries and apologizes for his role in the dogfighting.

Leonard Little killed a woman and he only got 6 games I think. Vick wont get more than a year.
B-I-N-G-O

B-I-N-G-O

B-I-N-G-O

B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was one of the dogs that he killed..... O!

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 08-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
He can't.

As Aholbert said, the longest he can suspend someone for is a year under the current agreement. I'm sure he would want to, and I'm sure he will try, but the NFLPA won't allow that.
As per the NFL Conduct Policy.

Quote:
Persons Convicted of Criminal Activity
Any Covered Person convicted of or admitting to a criminal violation (including a plea to a lesser included offense; a plea of nob contendere or no contest; or the acceptance of a diversionary program, deferred adjudication, disposition of supervision, or similar arrangement) will be subject to discipline as determined by the Commissioner. Such discipline may include a fine, suspension without pay and/or banishment from the League. Any Covered Person convicted of or admitting to a second criminal violation will be suspended without pay or banished for a period of time to be determined by the Commissioner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 02:24 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eights
As per the NFL Conduct Policy.
The NFLPA CBA overrides that. The NFLPA hasnt challenged the Conduct Policy because its only been enforced against people like Pacman and Tank and hasnt been for longer than a year. Like I said, If Goodell got power crazy and tried to ban Vick for life, Vick and the NFLPA would file a suit the next day.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #47
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

This is Bull ****... Vick still is not suspended or cut from his team. But Tank Johnson was accused of being drunk; then the Police dropped the charges. He got suspended and cut bythe Bears. NFL better hopes they don't allow Vick back in the league after this one.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:26 PM   #48
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
B-I-N-G-O

B-I-N-G-O

B-I-N-G-O

B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was one of the dogs that he killed..... O!
LMAO!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »