Home

Bills TE Kevin Everett likely paralyzed

This is a discussion on Bills TE Kevin Everett likely paralyzed within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Bills TE Kevin Everett likely paralyzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
If he has any kind of control ovr his limbs at this point, he will walk again. It may be with a cane or crutch, but if he has any kind of control over them, he will walk again.

One thing that rings true about ALL NFL players is that they are some of the fiercest and most intense competitors on this planet. You can bet your *** he will keep at it until he can walk again. It may be in a year, it may be in 10 or 20, but he will walk again.
I hope you're right.

I saw the game on TV and had a gut reaction that it was 'worst case scenario' from the hit, the replay and the length of time before the ambulance took him off the field.

I've also never seen an entire team surround an injured player and take a knee before he left.

I had a feeling that the doctors said something to the coaches that prompted that.

Thoughts and Prayers to all involved.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
Firemen or Police are NOT told to lead with your head... it's a ridiculous comparison you make... when you think of all the PAL.. high school... college... that take this risk... you analogy shrinks by contrast...

Sorry dude... your wrong...!!!

PS... it does happen a lot... you just don't hear about it...

I am talking about life and death, not breaking their necks. Yes it is sad, but when some start comparing playing football and making not enough money, for the way they put their bodies in danger. So do policemen and firemen and they make no where near the amount of money NFL players make. How many times in the NFL have a guy actually not been able to walk? any ways it is sad and I feel for this kid. My cousin broke his neck in a game and at least he can still some what walk.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #35
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
If he has any kind of control ovr his limbs at this point, he will walk again. It may be with a cane or crutch, but if he has any kind of control over them, he will walk again.

One thing that rings true about ALL NFL players is that they are some of the fiercest and most intense competitors on this planet. You can bet your *** he will keep at it until he can walk again. It may be in a year, it may be in 10 or 20, but he will walk again.
Having hope is great and you are right about NFL players being tough. But just because he has some slight movment does not mean he will be able to regain it enough to walk. Any kind of brain or spinal injury we are still not sure about all the effects and whats goes on in the brain. So it is always "We have to wait and see". What I am trying to say is, be hopfully and having him in your thoughts is great and wonderful BUT don't jump the gun yet.

Mullins who was injuried in 1989 had the same kind of injury and later died in 1991 because of blood clots. He has alot of fighting left to do. There is much other things that he has to worry about now.

I am not doubting the guy and I hope the best for him BUT I am a realist.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #36
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
I am talking about life and death, not breaking their necks. Yes it is sad, but when some start comparing playing football and making not enough money, for the way they put their bodies in danger. So do policemen and firemen and they make no where near the amount of money NFL players make. How many times in the NFL have a guy actually not been able to walk? any ways it is sad and I feel for this kid. My cousin broke his neck in a game and at least he can still some what walk.
I saw a track kid in highschool break his neck and die while handing off the baton, he had his head down and ran right into the back of the other guy and calapsed much like Everett. Neck injuries are very dangerous. But they are our modern day Roman gladiators. They know the risk and reward factor of football from a very early age. I know we watched ton of tape on how certain hits effect the spine and different football injuries of the same kind to get a idea of what can happen and what NOT to do.

Risk = Big injuries, possible death(rare)
Reward = Big money
Old 09-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #37
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I still can't get over how innocent the play looked. It really is true that the most devastating injuries come from the most innocent of plays.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #38
Pro

bullcats's Arena

OVR: 7

This is just truly sad.

Football:
Dallas Cowboys
Florida State Seminoles

Basketball:
Kentucky Wildcats
Chicago Bulls
Old 09-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #39
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I still can't get over how innocent the play looked. It really is true that the most devastating injuries come from the most innocent of plays.
So true man, it looked like a standard hit. Nothing out the ordinary. Crazy
Old 09-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

I'm still just so damned heartbroken over this. I really am. Kinda stupid, but ever since they drafted him and he appeared on a roster in Madden, I've been pulling for him. He turned out to be a damn good TE on Madden a few years ago, and it was for this reason that I was really hoping he'd turn into a dominant TE in the NFL.

Now, I just hope the poor guy can live a normal life. What's sad is that he came SO close to getting cut this preseason, that has to be running through his mind. If he wouldn't have made the team...well...you know what wouldn't have happened. A case of maybe it being better NOT achieving your dreams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »