Home

Derek freaking Anderson

This is a discussion on Derek freaking Anderson within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #25
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Derek freaking Anderson

Anderson is going no where. I would venture to say he's here until at least 2009 where the team will make a decision. I've heard rumors of a 5 year deal being offered to Anderson. Either way, he's ours in 2008 since we hold his rights.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2007, 03:48 PM   #26
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Maybe if they want to commit to Anderson, they should trade away Quinn. They might not get quite as much for him, but at least Anderson is a proven quantity.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:51 PM   #27
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

That's what i'm thinking EsaQue. If the Browns have Anderson locked up til '09 then you can't have Quinn rotting on the bench. The Browns should strike while the iron is hot and GMs remember Quinn for what he did at ND and his preseason exploits. They may not get much but i'm willing to wager there'd be a few teams lining up for Quinn's services.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #28
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbgatorade0202
Brady Quinn will be starting by Game 10
Thanks for your contribution. I may put this in my signature.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 25

The Panthers will take Quinn, just make an offer and they'll accept. Worse group of QB's in the league.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:49 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Vikings SHOULD be interested, too, as their QB situation is awful, and maybe San Fran decides to go in a different direction.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #31
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
That's what i'm thinking EsaQue. If the Browns have Anderson locked up til '09 then you can't have Quinn rotting on the bench. The Browns should strike while the iron is hot and GMs remember Quinn for what he did at ND and his preseason exploits. They may not get much but i'm willing to wager there'd be a few teams lining up for Quinn's services.
The only downside in this theory is the Browns will probably be looking for the same thing in return that they gave up for Quinn from interested teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #32
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

This isn't really the same as SD. Brees was a high draft pick expected to do really well and they gave up on him early. This is more like Cincy's situation when Kitna was there... the difference is Anderson isn't as old as Kitna. But I think they will do something similar. Anderson starts another year MAYBE two in Cleveland before Quinn takes over and they let him go somewhere else.

I'm really happy for Anderson and the Browns. I thought they'd have this type of year last year but then had the oline injuries and their big guns weren't ready yet (Winslow still recovering, Edwards still too young). A lot of credit goes to the rest of the offense though. Edwards, Winslow and JJ make some amazing catches and the Oline is 100 times better than it has been in years (and in the first game against Pit). I expected Jamal to be by far the best back they've had in a long time but with that line he's been even better than that.

I honestly don't see Quinn being any worse than Anderson when he gets his shot and he's a hometown hero in a town that already benefits from that with Lebron. Quinn will get his shot. I hope Anderson continues to have success when it happens. Maybe he'll be back in B'more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »