Home

Coaches wearing suits is a slap to the face for the players/fans

This is a discussion on Coaches wearing suits is a slap to the face for the players/fans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #65
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Coaches wearing suits is a slap to the face for the players/fans

Nolan might wear them for the right reasons, but Del Rio does it so he will get his mug on SportsCenter and everyone will look at him. He is the most egotistical coach in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 9

thats exactly what i am talking about. everyone with the comment like if you are not wearing suits then your dressing up like a hobo. how did you come up with that idea? suits are for professionalism, who made suits stand for professionalism? again we are talking football here where their is no need for professionalism or sophisticated work, just call you some plays and hopefully win the game so what is a coach's desire to wear a suit? you should dress what makes you comfortable and if it's a suit, all the power to you but why must a suit be the mainstream idea of professionalism? you wear a suit during your job interview, and then what? after the interview your wearing the company's shirt, a name tag, and some slacks or khaki pants so why wear the suit in the first place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's become my favorite feature. Although I do miss reading vickhalloffame's posts for his "insight" on the way the world works.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #67
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Many of you are equating wearing a suit as trying to feel important and better than others. How about wearing a suit just to be elegant and stylish. So I guess Michael Jordan is just trying to feel important or Jay-Z or a lawyer. Many years ago suits were what many people wore to boxing matches, basketball games, and other sports.

Not everyone has to wear 2X long tees and large jeans to show that they don't care, but maybe one should care about their appearance, because it is what people see and react to first.

Grow up youngin's and if your an adult set a positive example to these confused youngin's.
There are two people saying that, not many.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 11-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #68
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA30
Wearing suits in the past does not mean having to wear suits to the game in the present. How many people nowadays have to wear a suit/tie to work?? If you are a doctor working surgery, do you have to wear a suit/tie?? Your job dictates the dress, an NFL coach wearing a suit, when his players are all muddy and dirty, does not compute. Move with the times, man. The only reason to wear a suit nowadays is to just try and show off and be selfish. That's all there is to it.
so what about basketball?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:59 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 16

WOW @ Vickhalloffame.....lolololollllll
Old 11-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #70
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickhalloffame
thats exactly what i am talking about. everyone with the comment like if you are not wearing suits then your dressing up like a hobo. how did you come up with that idea? suits are for professionalism, who made suits stand for professionalism? again we are talking football here where their is no need for professionalism or sophisticated work, just call you some plays and hopefully win the game so what is a coach's desire to wear a suit? you should dress what makes you comfortable and if it's a suit, all the power to you but why must a suit be the mainstream idea of professionalism? you wear a suit during your job interview, and then what? after the interview your wearing the company's shirt, a name tag, and some slacks or khaki pants so why wear the suit in the first place?
That's cool. Just remember the double cheeseburger is on the $1 value menu. Don't overcharge people and you'll go far,plus you'll be comfortable.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

I guess sportscasters, newsanchors, and the like are all trying to show us up right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #72
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

This thread is golden.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »