Home

Cards @ Bengals

This is a discussion on Cards @ Bengals within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Cards @ Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I didn't watch the game but did Chad Johnson play? If so, did he have a couple catchable balls dropped?
He did fumble a ball in the red zone that could of easily been secured. Cards recovered. It wasn't a forced fumble, Ocho was just holding it like a loaf of bread and it popped out of his hand.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #18
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Thanks for the answer guys. Seems he's playing better but still has some confidence issues.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #19
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Thanks for the answer guys. Seems he's playing better but still has some confidence issues.
Yeah he seems no where like he has been, CJ and Palmer are nowhere near in sync. He caught a few, but at least one other pass was like they were on different pages, whereas both Chris Henry and TJ have been having good games. (aside from today with Henry's dropped passes, of course)

My Blog
Old 11-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #20
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

For you guys that saw the game, what do you think of Antrelle Rolle? Obviously he had 2 picks for TDs but he seems a bit too slow to play cornerback. He almost got beaten by the offensive lineman on that one int.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:19 PM   #21
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers
I don't remember any drops off-hand, but his really only big mistake was I think in the 3rd quarter. He caught it and fumbled it inside the Cardinals 15. Didn't help that he moped about it, also doesn't help that he carries the ball with one hand.

I know we lost, but I thought our offense did better (in parts) than this season. What has been missing all year is a tempo. Run it and get decent yards, keep getting 1st downs with a hurry-up offense. We did that numerous times and scored, of course also couldn't finish it off.

Our defense also had moments of "decency" in the 2nd half. Problem is we seem to be unable to put both together. We get a good offensive tempo and the defense lets Warner throw all over him. 2nd half we start driving and can't score, defense gets stop after stop.
I think our lack of a running game game is the biggest reason our offense hasn't been what its been the last couple of years. We usually have Rudi and his 13 or 14 hundred yards every season to take alot of pressure off Carson and company. Now we are basically a one dimensional offensive team without any resemblance of a defense.

Not the best recipe for a successful season.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #22
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitomulder
I think our lack of a running game game is the biggest reason our offense hasn't been what its been the last couple of years. We usually have Rudi and his 13 or 14 hundred yards every season to take alot of pressure off Carson and company. Now we are basically a one dimensional offensive team without any resemblance of a defense.

Not the best recipe for a successful season.
That's a good point. It was good to see at least rudi getting some yards today, but it was definitely a big part of our tempo in 05. Hurry up offense and we could pass it, but also could run rudi to get first downs. When Carson passes 52 times in a game, definitely not good.

I'll be real interested to see how they are next week against the Titans, going to be a VERY tough game.

My Blog
Old 11-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #23
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1
For you guys that saw the game, what do you think of Antrelle Rolle? Obviously he had 2 picks for TDs but he seems a bit too slow to play cornerback. He almost got beaten by the offensive lineman on that one int.
He played pretty well today. 2 INT's run back for TD's. Another INT that he ran back for a TD very late was called back because of the cheap-shot on Palmer. Plus, he got unsportsmanlike/excessive celebration penalties on #2 and #3 for doing a backflip in the endzone and then doing a belly-flop in the endzone, respectively. I couldn't tell who he was outrunning to the endzone to compare speed. Also, Palmer basically was trying to do way to much today. He gets in trouble when he does that or feels the need to that. I'm liable to think that the INT's were more Palmer than Rolle actually making adjustments to pick them off. You do have to give Rolle credit for making the picks and taking them to the house though.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »