Home

Steelers @ Jets

This is a discussion on Steelers @ Jets within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2007, 07:33 PM   #41
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Steelers @ Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmatic
Like Parcells said, you are what your record says you are. The Raiders have been in every game they've lost as well.
This is true- the Raiders are a lot better this season than they were last year (and we still haven't see JaMarcus, which will be exciting). I still think those other teams are hurting a lot more than the Jets. The Jets have had a brutal schedule this year, which is no excuse, but they weren't as good as their record showed last year either because of a soft schedule.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #42
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
This is true- the Raiders are a lot better this season than they were last year (and we still haven't see JaMarcus, which will be exciting). I still think those other teams are hurting a lot more than the Jets. The Jets have had a brutal schedule this year, which is no excuse, but they weren't as good as their record showed last year either because of a soft schedule.
I think it would be technically impossible for the Raiders to be any worse than last year, but yeah, at least they're putting up a fight this year. I do think the Jets are a team that could turn it around pretty quickly and be much, much better next year. Especially considering they're going to have a chance to draft a real impact player this year.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #43
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmatic
I think it would be technically impossible for the Raiders to be any worse than last year, but yeah, at least they're putting up a fight this year. I do think the Jets are a team that could turn it around pretty quickly and be much, much better next year. Especially considering they're going to have a chance to draft a real impact player this year.
Once the Raiders get the offense in gear, they'll be fine because the defense is still very, very good. Ryan is a fantastic DC. I want the Raiders to be good because I miss the pretty one-sided early 2000s rivalry between our teams

I'm looking forward to Thursday- nice short break between games this year! J-E-T-S

Old 11-18-2007, 08:31 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Nice game by the Jets. Nice to finally see Jones have a big game against a Steeler run D that hadn't allowed a 100-yard rusher in 34 games. Clemens still was a little inconsistent and it showed once Coles left the game in the first half. The offense is a lot difference with Coles in the game as it seems like he opens up the games for the other WR's.

The defense surprisingly played great and was able to stop Parker and finally got some pressure sacking Roethlisberger 7 times. The where a few chances where the Steelers could have had a big play though, but the ball was either was just underthrown or dropped.

Also it was interesting to hear what Simms said that after the bye week last season the Jets defense looked completely different and they went 6-2 down the stretch. Maybe Mangini finally figured out something with this defense as they looked completely different today. It was amazing to see D-Rob actually getting pressure on the QB.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:45 AM   #45
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Once the Raiders get the offense in gear, they'll be fine because the defense is still very, very good. Ryan is a fantastic DC. I want the Raiders to be good because I miss the pretty one-sided early 2000s rivalry between our teams

I'm looking forward to Thursday- nice short break between games this year! J-E-T-S
Actually this year the D has dropped off considerably. Partly injuries, but I feel they're playing far more conservatively than they were last year. Their run D is particularly bad this season.

As for the Steelers, they're like the 06 Jags a lot - all three loses so far are to teams they should have beaten convincingly (well, the Cards semi convincingly).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2007, 01:59 AM   #46
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Well...
I didn't get a chance to watch this game (thank goodness),but after seeing the highlights...lets just say I'm disgusted with what I witnessed.

The Steelers have SOOOO many glaring issues,it's not even funny. After looking at the defensive rankings for the Jets...this should have been a no-brainer win for Pittsburgh...

Here's the rankings for the Jets defense....
PTS
17.7 (23rd)

YDS
290.2 (29th)

PASS YDS
195.7 (22nd)

RUSH YDS
94.6 (22nd)

PTS
25.3 (27th)

YDS
380.2 (30th)

PASS YDS
228.0 (24th)

RUSH YDS
152.2 (32nd)

(league rank).

Pittsburgh's O-line is a complete and utter joke,allowing 7 sacks?? Willie Parker only 52 yards on 21 carries?
The special teams is also in need of a MAJOR tune-up.
I only see this as getting worse before better...hell,next year is going to be something...probably will lose Faneca I don't EVEN want to imagine next year.

This team lacks (imo) an identity.....to me,the "smashmouth" mentality is all but gone,it's obvious they wanted Ben to have more "input" but is it really panning out? I would say no!...Cleveland should've beat Pitt last week,but couldn't hold the lead....I started LMAO when they interviewed Ben after that game,when he said "I gotta give my offensive line alot of credit"....my god Ben....you were running for your life damn near the whole game.

I apologize for sounding harsh,but this team (yes at 7-3) is a let down. Hell...I even question the defense...in todays game,Pitt held the lead late,but Kellen Clemons executed a nice 2 minute drill,to get them in fg range for the tie...but the capper?? they started this drive on their own 14!!...way to preserve the win Pitt

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Miami doesn't get their first win next week.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 11-19-2007 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:54 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

The playcalling stinks also. Where are the screen plays? They threw one at the end of regulation, when there was no time for it to mean anything. Why not throw one on second down in OT? At least Tomlin is angry and not patting the team on the back.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #48
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

The Patriots will go undefeated. After watching a good portion of this game on Tivo, the Steelers will lose in New England by 30+ no doubt. I thought NE would trip up on that game, but nope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »