Home

5'7 207 lbs. Runningback vs 6'4 272 lbs. Linebacker - "Lights Out!"

This is a discussion on 5'7 207 lbs. Runningback vs 6'4 272 lbs. Linebacker - "Lights Out!" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Best RB in the league
Adrian Peterson 52 42.28%
Maurice Jones-Drew 11 8.94%
Larry Johnson 0 0%
Willie Parker 0 0%
Brian Westbrook 15 12.20%
Ladainian Tomlinson 43 34.96%
Frank Gore 0 0%
Steven Jackson 0 0%
Cadillac Williams/Ronnie Brown 2 1.63%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #105
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 5'7 207 lbs. Runningback vs 6'4 272 lbs. Linebacker - "Lights Out!"

The only difference in McNabb this year is td's. Last year in his 10 games, he threw 2647 yds, 18 td, 6 ints, and a 57% completion percentage, and had the second highest qb rating of his career, at 95.5. This year (in 10 games) 2329 yds, 13 tds, 6 int, 59.8 %, 87.3. In fact, the only year he has recorded a higher completion % was the superbowl year (64%). The yards per attempt are the third highest of his career. He is having (statistically) the third best season of his career, behind last year and the Super Bowl year.

In three games (Detroit, Dallas, Washington have accounted for 284 of Westbrook's 518 receiving yards (55% in three games). Kevin Curtis' best three games add up to 418 yds, 58% of his season total. There's barly a difference. And McNabb is obviously finding other targets, since he had 1809 yds passing to receivers not named Westbrook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #106
Rookie

Mr.Burns's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The Girls' huh? Well how about we rename your team the Philadelphia Chicks? Sure don't play like Eagles anymore...
lol You mean they play ugly?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:14 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The Girls' huh? Well how about we rename your team the Philadelphia Chicks? Sure don't play like Eagles anymore...
Touche.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 11-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #108
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
The only difference in McNabb this year is td's. Last year in his 10 games, he threw 2647 yds, 18 td, 6 ints, and a 57% completion percentage, and had the second highest qb rating of his career, at 95.5. This year (in 10 games) 2329 yds, 13 tds, 6 int, 59.8 %, 87.3. In fact, the only year he has recorded a higher completion % was the superbowl year (64%). The yards per attempt are the third highest of his career. He is having (statistically) the third best season of his career, behind last year and the Super Bowl year.

In three games (Detroit, Dallas, Washington have accounted for 284 of Westbrook's 518 receiving yards (55% in three games). Kevin Curtis' best three games add up to 418 yds, 58% of his season total. There's barly a difference. And McNabb is obviously finding other targets, since he had 1809 yds passing to receivers not named Westbrook.
In this instance, the numbers lie. I watch every game so I know what these people are crying about on sports radio and the numbers look straight, but McNabb is a shell of his former self. The injury wrecked him. They pass so damn much and dump it off to Westbrook all the time, that is why his stats are passable.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #109
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
In this instance, the numbers lie. I watch every game so I know what these people are crying about on sports radio and the numbers look straight, but McNabb is a shell of his former self. The injury wrecked him. They pass so damn much and dump it off to Westbrook all the time, that is why his stats are passable.
But they don't pass much more than they used to. He has 326 attempts this year in 10 games (last year had 316 in 10 games, and in 2005 357 in 9 games). He's on pace for 522 which would be 47 less than his career high.

I don't know guess I'd have to see him more. He isn't as mobile, but he still looks like a very good qb to me. They dump the ball off a lot, but they always have. I wouldn't say he's elite anymore, but if he finishes mildly strong, he could be looking at another pro bowl. Favre and Romo are in, but the third spot in the NFC could be up for grabs. It'll be between Garcia, McNabb, Brees, Hasselbeck, Kitna, and Eli Manning. Of those, Brees, Kitna, and Manning all have too many ints (36 between them - on average double McNabb's). The only thing I see with McNabb is that he's getting sacked a ton (30 times so far). His mobility is sapped. He'll get that back a little more next year, and I think Eagle fans are being way too hard on him this year. He may not be a superstar anymore, but he still a damn fine qb.

Oh and about Westrook running up the middle, I found a stat. He only averages 3.2 yds a carry up the middle, though 55 of his carries have been up the gut. Another thing, though, in the 4th quarter this year, he only has 3.5 yds a carry. LT gets 5.6 in the final period. Maurice Jones-Drew gets 5.1. Adrian Peterson gets 7.2. Marion Barber gets 5.6. A lot of backs do great things when it counts most, but Westbrook fades away.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:23 AM   #110
Rookie

Mr.Burns's Arena

OVR: 3

I wouldn't write off McNabb. He has guts and has always bewildered defenses. If he was to be traded to Chicago, I would think it would do good for his career; even if it's looking like this is now a more injury-prone QB. IMO I would still take McNabb over probably half the league's current QBs. If the Bears could somehow pull it off without giving a big part of their defense, ala Briggs, I would be thinking the Bears are back in it. Obviously not this season, but I think the league is due for another blockbuster off-season. Many quality players on the trade list.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #111
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10488575/1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #112
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

I think McNabb's game against the Redskins was a perfect example of his stats not telling the true story. He was ineffective the majority of that game. He had 2 long touchdowns, one that was only complete because it was so terrible that Brown completely adjusted his route to catch it, and the DB's completely misplayed it. The other was a screen pass taken 50+ yards to the house. At the end of the day, his numbers look good, but it was not an impressive performance. When you're throwing the ball 35 times a game, you're going to put up some impressive games, stat-wise, but the fact remains that Westbrook is the only threat in that offense.

He'll make the pro bowl this year. He probably should have last year, but he was just a victim of being in the same conference with Jackson, Gore, and Tiki who all had monster years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »