Home

5'7 207 lbs. Runningback vs 6'4 272 lbs. Linebacker - "Lights Out!"

This is a discussion on 5'7 207 lbs. Runningback vs 6'4 272 lbs. Linebacker - "Lights Out!" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Best RB in the league
Adrian Peterson 52 42.28%
Maurice Jones-Drew 11 8.94%
Larry Johnson 0 0%
Willie Parker 0 0%
Brian Westbrook 15 12.20%
Ladainian Tomlinson 43 34.96%
Frank Gore 0 0%
Steven Jackson 0 0%
Cadillac Williams/Ronnie Brown 2 1.63%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #17
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: 5'7 207 lbs. Runningback vs 6'4 272 lbs. Linebacker - "Lights Out!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K

Me personally, it's Brian Westbrook.
I have to agree, the guy is the best all purpose back in the league and if the Eagles are smart they'd pay the man the dough he wants. The Eagles would be LOST on offense without him.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Beautiful block by Mojo. I bet Merriman was crying into his Purple Drank after the game.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #19
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Wait, I'm lost.

Is this asking who is the RB on top of his game...or an advert for Maurice Jones-Drew?

Me personally, it's Brian Westbrook.

I'm sorry but there is no way a guy who has one 1000 yd rushing season in 5 years in the league is the best in the game. He averages (coming into this year) 690 yds a year. Add his 487 recieving yards a year, and he only gets 1177 total yards from scrimmage a year. Not that great. And LT's career LOW rushing yards (1236) is higher than Westbrook's career high (1217). Even Westbrook's best recieving year (73 catches, 703 yds, 6 td) isn't much better than LT's numbers in his best year (100 catches, 725 yds, 4 td). Tomlinson's average recieving year is only 21 yards shy of Westbrook's. You could make a strong case for other RB's to be better than LT, but Westbrook is not one of them. Probably the most overated RB in the game (except for maybe Shaun Alexander). Oh, and LT (in a down year) has more TD's than Westbrook this year (10 to 9).

Last edited by DonkeyJote; 11-19-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #20
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
After actually seeing a game with LT, I cannot vote for him. The guy runs from contact on the sideline, takes himself out after running/catching too many times. MJD and Taylor split carries, but you don't see either of them asking to come out of the game. LT was always asking to come out of the game after he touched the ball. I hope he was sick/injured because if he was not, he is weak/chicken.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #21
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
I'm sorry but there is no way a guy who has one 1000 yd rushing season in 5 years in the league is the best in the game.
He may not be the best RUNNING back in the game (that would probably to LT as I think Peterson needs to have at least another year or two before I declare him the best) but he's definitely the best all purpose back around. The guy can do just about everything decently. He's good at catching balls out of the backfield, can block when need be and has done a fairly consistent and good job when asked to run.

He's obviously the motor that runs the Eagles offense right now.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #22
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
I'm sorry but there is no way a guy who has one 1000 yd rushing season in 5 years in the league is the best in the game. He averages (coming into this year) 690 yds a year. Add his 487 recieving yards a year, and he only gets 1177 total yards from scrimmage a year. Not that great. And LT's career LOW rushing yards (1236) is higher than Westbrook's career high (1217). Even Westbrook's best recieving year (73 catches, 703 yds, 6 td) isn't much better than LT's numbers in his best year (100 catches, 725 yds, 4 td). Tomlinson's average recieving year is only 21 yards shy of Westbrook's. You could make a strong case for other RB's to be better than LT, but Westbrook is not one of them. Probably the most overated RB in the game (except for maybe Shaun Alexander). Oh, and LT (in a down year) has more TD's than Westbrook this year (10 to 9).
I thought the question was who's at the top of his form...which would be right now at this very moment.

Westbrook is, while Tomlinson isn't.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:39 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm not saying Addai is the best in the league because I don't think he is yet, but I would put him over a few guys listed in this poll.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:41 PM   #24
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
He may not be the best RUNNING back in the game (that would probably to LT as I think Peterson needs to have at least another year or two before I declare him the best) but he's definitely the best all purpose back around. The guy can do just about everything decently. He's good at catching balls out of the backfield, can block when need be and has done a fairly consistent and good job when asked to run.

He's obviously the motor that runs the Eagles offense right now.
But he's not. He is a better reciever than LT, but the difference is tiny. Career averages for Westbrook are 51 rec, 487, 3.6 tds. LT is 66 rec, 483, 1.8 tds. The difference there is tiny. So Westbrook is BARELY a better reciever out of the backfield (and being that LT has more catches even though Westbrook plays on a pass orientated team, you could make a case LT is the better reciever). The running lines aren't even close. 147.2 att, 690 yds, 4 tds rushing for Westbrook, 341.6 att, 1529 yds, 16.6 tds for LT. On average LT has 835 more yards from scrimmage than Westbrook and 11 more tds. LT is the better "all-purpose" back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »