Home

5'7 207 lbs. Runningback vs 6'4 272 lbs. Linebacker - "Lights Out!"

This is a discussion on 5'7 207 lbs. Runningback vs 6'4 272 lbs. Linebacker - "Lights Out!" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Best RB in the league
Adrian Peterson 52 42.28%
Maurice Jones-Drew 11 8.94%
Larry Johnson 0 0%
Willie Parker 0 0%
Brian Westbrook 15 12.20%
Ladainian Tomlinson 43 34.96%
Frank Gore 0 0%
Steven Jackson 0 0%
Cadillac Williams/Ronnie Brown 2 1.63%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2007, 12:28 AM   #41
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 5'7 207 lbs. Runningback vs 6'4 272 lbs. Linebacker - "Lights Out!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Westbrook is a decent back but voting for him over LT or Adrian Peterson?!! That's truly homerism at it's finest if you honestly think anyone should. You can't tell me Philly wouldn't trade Westbrook for either of those guys if they had a chance.
Westbrook is freaking amazing. The best dual threat at RB. Has electric speed and can run in between the tackles. It's not "homerism" at all. Matter of fact, I'll vote for Westbrook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2007, 01:09 AM   #42
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Westbrook is freaking amazing. The best dual threat at RB. Has electric speed and can run in between the tackles. It's not "homerism" at all. Matter of fact, I'll vote for Westbrook.
Agreed. I kind of think that is what people were envisioning Reggie Bush to become.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:23 AM   #43
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Westbrook is a decent back but voting for him over LT or Adrian Peterson?!! That's truly homerism at it's finest if you honestly think anyone should. You can't tell me Philly wouldn't trade Westbrook for either of those guys if they had a chance.
You're talking about homerism? To call Westbrook just a "decent" back is homerism.

Last time I checked, Peterson isn't playing and Tomlinson is playing below his usual form this year.

The question was which RB is at the top of his form.

Plenty of people these days are saying Westbrook. You could argue Addai along with him. Addai is playing awesome. But Westbrook is the onmly reason why the Eagles are even thinking about getting a playoff spot this year. Watch some games outside of Romo's magnificence.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:29 AM   #44
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Another thing...why the heck is Cadillac Williams on the list??
Old 11-20-2007, 01:33 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 13

I thought this was an interesting before and after. It might somewhat explain what the title was referring to.

BTW, my vote is for Adrian Peterson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2007, 01:54 AM   #46
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
But the guy only averages 1170 yds a year TOTAL! That's recieving too. He's the best reciving back, but not by much. Ladanian Tomlinson averages just 4 yds less recieving for his career. And he averages 839 yds more a year rushing! And he gets 11 more tds a year! So I have no idea how anyone would say Westbrook is better than LT!

Westbrook is having a career year, but you can't take just now. As Bill Parcells say "Prior Performance equals Future Achievements". Through the course of his career Westbrook has not been near the top of the league. And the only year he was even close to having credentials was last year when he had 1200 rushing yards and 699 recieving yards (1899 total). And since Frank Gore had 2185 total yards, Tiki Barber had 2127 yds, and Steven Jackson had 2384 yds. Steven Jackson actually had 300 more yards rushing and 107 more recieving yards. So you could make a very strong case that Jackson is the better "all purpose" back.

Personally, I think recieving is a nice bonus, but running is more important to me. If your RB isn't a great reciever, there are other recievers to catch the ball. If he is more of a reciever than a rushing back, then there isn't really anyone to contribute in the running game. And since Westbrook has never really been a running threat (one 1000 yard season) I can't count him among the elite. But even if you value the 2 things equally, you can't say he is the best.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:57 AM   #47
Rookie

Mr.Burns's Arena

OVR: 3

Ok, Rag3vsW0rld, if that makes it better coping as a Chargers fan. Even if it is photoshopped, the point is to make you think; & I'm thinking he's not as intimidating as he maybe once was?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:05 AM   #48
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
You're talking about homerism? To call Westbrook just a "decent" back is homerism.

Last time I checked, Peterson isn't playing and Tomlinson is playing below his usual form this year.

The question was which RB is at the top of his form.

Plenty of people these days are saying Westbrook. You could argue Addai along with him. Addai is playing awesome. But Westbrook is the onmly reason why the Eagles are even thinking about getting a playoff spot this year. Watch some games outside of Romo's magnificence.
If you are going to knock Peterson for being hurt, then just be a little patient. Westbrook will be on the injured list soon enough. He's never played 16 games, and has already missed a game this year. And even though he is injured Peterson still leads the league in rushing by almost 160 yds. He leads the NFC by over 230 yds over Westbrook. Total yards, Adrian is about 100 behind Westbrook, with equal tds, but he started the year as the backup. He also already has two 200 yd games this year, something Westbrook has never done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »