Home

If the Patriots are 15-0 in December...

This is a discussion on If the Patriots are 15-0 in December... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If the Patriots are 15-0 heading into the last game...
Crush the Giants, become the first 16-0 team ever 63 81.82%
Give everyone the middle finger by throwing the game 7 9.09%
No opinion 7 9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2007, 08:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
If the Patriots are 15-0 in December...

Say Bill Belichick's Patriots keep mowing down all their opponents until the very last game of the regular season. They've annihilated every opponent by a point differential of 20+ points each. They obliterate all-time records for passing (Brady), receiving (Moss), and ppg (offense). They leave little doubt that it's the most dominating single season ever in league history.

Final game of the season, at the Meadowlands. Against the Giants. The media is in a feeding frenzy at the prospect of the first perfect season in three decades. The internet is abuzz with bandwagon fans suddenly rooting for the Pats. The league is salivating at the publicity of it all. The New England Patriots are on the verge of making history. What's the best way for the Patriots to put their stamp in the annals of NFL History?

(a) Crush the Giants, and become the first and only 16-0 team in NFL History

or

(b) Sit all their starters, throw the game to the dismay of everyone, put their own asterisk on the 1972 Dolphins' claim as the "only" perfect team in NFL History, and give a proverbial middle finger to the media, the league, the bandwagoners, and all the other vultures who took just a little too much pleasure at the Patriots' scandalous embarassment 15 weeks earlier?

I've never been a fan of the Patriots, but if they went with Option B... I think I would be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: If the Patriots are 15-0 in December...

They won't throw it. There on a mission to totally dominate the league and they have said numurous times they won't slow it down.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by platic
They've annihilated every opponent by a point differential of 20+ points each.
Except the Colts.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

That was a close game... But to be fair, the refs kept that game closer than it really was... Not saying we smoke em, but they weren't on the same level as the Pats that game.

As far as letting up... Did nobody hear Brady on EEI a couple days ago? He literally said, "Winning is not enough for us anymore. We want blood!"

The Pats will not let up, no matter any circumstances. They, as an entire team, want to kill you. They don't want to beat you, THEY WANT TO KILL YOU! That comes from Belichick, down to Brady, down to special team players and reserves. Each and every one of them wants this that bad.

Belichick was embarrassed when he got caught illegally filming the opponents coaches. Everyone brought the legitimacy of the Pats previous titles and players into question. Well, they are all paying for it now. There is no let in these guys, they are making a point... **** with the best, die like the rest...
Old 11-22-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

Just because they play the back-ups doesn't mean they are throwing the game. I'm pretty sure with all the footage the Cheatriots have Bill could win with HS kids against the NFL right now. I think the Patriots playing the back-ups would actually make the games close and fun to watch and it doesn't mean they'd lose. The Patriots back-ups are probably pretty good, but who knows we never get to see them...

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2007, 10:54 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by platic
(b) Sit all their starters, throw the game to the dismay of everyone, put their own asterisk on the 1972 Dolphins' claim as the "only" perfect team in NFL History, and give a proverbial middle finger to the media, the league, the bandwagoners, and all the other vultures who took just a little too much pleasure at the Patriots' scandalous embarassment 15 weeks earlier?
That would be awesome.

I've been rooting for them to go undefeated all season, but it would be so cool for them to do that.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #7
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndeezlo
The Patriots back-ups are probably pretty good, but who knows we never get to see them...
I dunno we saw plenty of Kyle Eckel, and Heath Evans last Sunday.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 14

I don't know what you're talkin about.. You see them for at least 10 minutes every week.

Matt Cassell
Jabbar Gaffney
Heath Evans(at rb)
Kyle Eckel
Jarvis Green
Mike Wright
Junior Seau
Randall Gay
James Sanders
Brandon Meriwether
...All backups that play a whole hell of a lot each week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »