Home

Niners at Cardinals

This is a discussion on Niners at Cardinals within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: Niners at Cardinals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
This is better for the San Fran team thread but i'll ask here. I'm hearing Nolan may lose one of his jobs at the end of the season (hell he might lose both!) but which do you think Nolan should keep? The GM job or the Coaching job?
I like some moves he hase made. They do have some injuries, but your question is a double edge sword. I think the niners need new blood. They need a coach with a history of winning. They also need a qb. If I had to answer you question I would rather see him as a coach and get a hell of a OC. I could live with that.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #34
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

It's the same **** every year. Same Ol' ****ing Cardinals. Rackers needs to go, he can't handle the pressure. Breatson needs to get his *** kicked too, I don't understand why a coach didn't remind him to just let it go for a touchback. That niners punter was booming it all day.

I'm just glad that I have the Suns or else I would go crazy righ tnow.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 11-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #35
Get Ducked Up!

oakfan162's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
This is better for the San Fran team thread but i'll ask here. I'm hearing Nolan may lose one of his jobs at the end of the season (hell he might lose both!) but which do you think Nolan should keep? The GM job or the Coaching job?
I would love to see Nolan move to a GM capacity. He has brought in the players, and brought a mentality to the defense, but he just cannot gameplan or coach during a game. I would love to see a young offensive coach come in and get a good QB coach for Alex Smith and actually see what he could do.
Warriors
49ers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #36
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakfan162
I would love to see Nolan move to a GM capacity. He has brought in the players, and brought a mentality to the defense, but he just cannot gameplan or coach during a game. I would love to see a young offensive coach come in and get a good QB coach for Alex Smith and actually see what he could do.
Thats funny you say that because many say that Nolan will be losing his personnel control next year, but I agree with you I think he has brought in the right players.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 11-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #37
Get Ducked Up!

oakfan162's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Thats funny you say that because many say that Nolan will be losing his personnel control next year, but I agree with you I think he has brought in the right players.
Maybe its because I'm not down there anymore reading the papers daily, but I have a lot more respect for the personal and persona that Nolan has brought to this team rather than his coaching skills per se. But I don't know how it would work, moving him to GM only, contractually.
Warriors
49ers
Old 11-25-2007, 09:26 PM   #38
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Yea doesnt the Patriots get the Niners first round pick next year. If so that sucks for the rest of the NFL, but at least the Niners helped a little bit with the win today.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 11-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #39
Get Ducked Up!

oakfan162's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Yea doesnt the Patriots get the Niners first round pick next year. If so that sucks for the rest of the NFL, but at least the Niners helped a little bit with the win today.
Thats the only thing keeping me from asking for them to start tanking (at least actively tanking).
Warriors
49ers
Old 11-25-2007, 09:35 PM   #40
Get Ducked Up!

oakfan162's Arena

This is a blog from the SJ Mercury News. Good wrap up and I love the last line.
Quote:
Now THAT is drama. The 49ers sack Kurt Warner in the end zone, force a fumble and fall on the ball. The only thing that would have made it more fun would be if the 49ers had been four-point favorites and there was a huge hubbub over whether they got a touchdown or a safety.
But they were 10-point underdogs, yet they are still fighting. That’s a strong effort and I have to give them credit.
BUT … if Neil Rackers hadn’t missed that chip shot field goal, Mike Nolan would have to worry a lot more about answering strategy questions. To wit:
It’s not as easy to draw a direct line because there was still a half left to play. But when Nolan sent Joe Nedney out there on second down with 11 seconds left before halftime for a 55-yard field goal try, he just might have blown this game. You need the clock to run out on that play. You have a veteran quarterback who knows to get rid of the ball at the very least, and you have a good 5-7 seconds to run a play. Plus, that’s a bit out of Nedney’s range at this point anyway, and the extra 5-7 yards would have helped.
So Nolan sends Nedney out there, Nedney misses, the Cardinals run TWO plays, and they get a Hail Mary touchdown. Made it 21-17 Arizona instead of 17-14 San Francisco.
Just dumb. Buy a video game and learn clock management.
http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/buzz/
Warriors
49ers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »