Home

I Hate to Say It, But Cleveland Is in the Driver's Seat

This is a discussion on I Hate to Say It, But Cleveland Is in the Driver's Seat within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #9
Gimme the Oscar, Friendo.

Chief Illinimac's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: I Hate to Say It, But Cleveland Is in the Driver's Seat

Based on those schedules, I'd put my best guess on both teams being 11-5 at the end of the season. The Steelers should beat the Ravens, and are probably the favorite right now to knock off the Pats, if anyone's gonna do it.

Currently:
Asilos Magdalena by The Mars Volta
LOST Theme
The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin
Rage Against the Machine Acoustic Medley

Old 11-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #10
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauk25
but come on steelers own the stains always have always will
Hardly always. Lately yes. Stillers only own a 2 game edge in the all time series. Thats after winning like 23432 in a row against the browns.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #11
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I wouldn't be worried about losing the division at all. At the worst, the two teams will have the same record, and Pitt wins the tie-breaker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2007, 11:40 PM   #12
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
Now, I am definitely one of those terrified/everything bad happens to us kind of home fans, but, even with that in mind, look at the AFC North:

Pittsburgh 8-3

Cleveland 7-4

Pittsburgh has beaten Cleveland twice, so it holds the tiebreaker if they finish with the same record.

While one would think that the Steelers have a huge advantage, look at their respective schedules:

Cleveland has:

1. @ Arizona
2. @ New York Jets
3. Buffalo
4. @ Cincinnati
5. 49ers

Pittsburgh has:

1. Cincinnati
2. @ Patriots
3. Jacksonville
4. @ Rams
5. @ Ravens

You have to think that Cleveland will beat the Jets and the 9ers, and that they have a pretty good shot at beating Buffalo and Arizona. It will be tough for them to win at Cincinnati, so let's say they will go 4-1, which means an 11-5 record.

With that schedule for the Steelers (and our less than stellar play the past two weeks), none of these games are locks. We should beat the Rams, and we should beat the Bengals, but they have been playing well and will be gunning for us. The Pats on the road is terrifying, Jacksonville looks really strong, and the thought of playing the Ravens away on the last game is unnerving. If we go 3-2, we finish 11-5. If we go 2-3, we finish 10-6.

10-6 might not get it done in the AFC North.

I know I am being a doomsayer, but I have to give the Browns credit. They have been pulling out some tough close games lately. You can't look at their schedule with the way they have been playing and say that 11-5 is out of the question.....
I have been a Browns fan for a very long time....But who would have thought I could even argue that we had a chance to win the division..Hell I will be happy if they finish 10-6.......Which might actually happen more than 12-4..But you never Know. Go Browns..I can say that and it mans something again..I am proud of that....But i hope it is not just for one year,,This thing could backfire and they could go 7-9 or 8-8 God Forbid that thinking...LOL
Old 12-17-2007, 06:51 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 16

See! I knew this was going to happen!

The Browns have the Bengals away and the 9ers at home, while the Steelers have two road games (Rams and Ravens). It is going to be really disconcerting if we have to beat the Ravens away to win the division. My Dad has been dreading that game since the day the schedule was announced (it would be just like last year when the Steelers knocked the Bengals out of the playoffs on te last day of the season).

The other big factor is the Chargers. The Chargers now have the 3 seed to lose, with Denver at home and Oakland away. The Chargers already have a slightly better in conference record, so they win out over the Steelers and Browns if we finish with the same record.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:47 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

If the Steelers don't beat the Rams and the Ravens, they don't deserve to be in the Playoffs. With the O-line play this year, it's amazing that they are in the position that they are in.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:08 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

The Browns have been my favorite surprise this year. Braylon Edwards is representing for the Frat, he has been playing lights out and other than him they have just a fun young team to witness grow. I love watching new power emerge in the NFL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2007, 11:46 PM   #16
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
See! I knew this was going to happen!

The Browns have the Bengals away and the 9ers at home, while the Steelers have two road games (Rams and Ravens). It is going to be really disconcerting if we have to beat the Ravens away to win the division. My Dad has been dreading that game since the day the schedule was announced (it would be just like last year when the Steelers knocked the Bengals out of the playoffs on te last day of the season).

The other big factor is the Chargers. The Chargers now have the 3 seed to lose, with Denver at home and Oakland away. The Chargers already have a slightly better in conference record, so they win out over the Steelers and Browns if we finish with the same record.
You're panicing way too much.

The Rams are awful, you will kill them, I live in STL and have seen more than enough of them to know they suck.

The Ravens just lost to Miami and I believe are on an 8 game losing streak, they aren't exactly the epitome of a great team either.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »