Home

ESPNs 1st 2008 Mock Draft

This is a discussion on ESPNs 1st 2008 Mock Draft within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2007, 03:45 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Titans and Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
I am SO looking forward to another defensive end in the 1st.

The team could do itself a gigantic favor and throw a ridiculous amount of money at Jared Allen instead.

LOL I feel you buddy, thats like the Raiders (my team) taking another DB in the first round. But at least you got one stud (Williams) and the funny thing is he was a last minute selection.
Vikes need a QB or a rec, they have a bunch of solid 2nd and 3rd rec. but no number 1 guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2007, 05:15 AM   #66
Sideshow Bob!

throwmonkey's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: ESPNs 1st 2008 Mock Draft

Snoop in Seattle makes sense but I really don't want to have to root for a Duck.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:44 AM   #67
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwmonkey
Snoop in Seattle makes sense but I really don't want to have to root for a Duck.
Better a Duck than a Husky.

I would love to see Stewart with Seattle.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:09 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Unhappy Re: ESPNs 1st 2008 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Really? You know better than me but from what I see I'd disagree with you... not about the job they're doing with Roy but the needs. I don't think they need a WR (not in the 1st round at least). Glenn's not done and Crayton has shown this year that he's just fine if Glenn is done. If JJ leaves, Barber deserves a chance to carry the load. And even if they don't want to do that, the complement they need to Barber also doesn't need to be a first rounder. I agree with DT but secondary help should be high up there too. I still think they should start bulking Roy up and eventually switch him to LB.

Carr had the highest QB rating in the NFL for the first half of last season. Jake's not the biggest problem but I definitely don't think he's fine. I agree though, unless they get a really high pick, they probably shouldn't be thinking QB in the first round.
Glenn has a degenerative knee problem so it ain't getting much better. Crayton is an UFA and probably won't come cheap. Gotta re-sign Flozell Adams, something that wasn't even being considered before the seasons and Pro Bowl LT's don't come cheap. Gotta get Hamlin done. Jones is out the door. Gonna be time to re-up T. Newman shortly. I agree we need a receiver but not in the first round. I'd rather we shore up the secondary and defensive lines. We really don't have too many holes. Lastly, Roy is not a LB. He doesn't shed blocks well enough to be considered a LB. Roy has actually played well this season with really his only bad game against Shockey. I definitely agree with Barber being the #1 guy although i'm still skeptical of whether he can be.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 12-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #69
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Glenn has a degenerative knee problem so it ain't getting much better. Crayton is an UFA and probably won't come cheap. Gotta re-sign Flozell Adams, something that wasn't even being considered before the seasons and Pro Bowl LT's don't come cheap. Gotta get Hamlin done. Jones is out the door. Gonna be time to re-up T. Newman shortly. I agree we need a receiver but not in the first round. I'd rather we shore up the secondary and defensive lines. We really don't have too many holes. Lastly, Roy is not a LB. He doesn't shed blocks well enough to be considered a LB. Roy has actually played well this season with really his only bad game against Shockey. I definitely agree with Barber being the #1 guy although i'm still skeptical of whether he can be.
Ahh, that makes sense. Didn't know Crayton was an UFA. Roy's playing better but I still think he's a part time player at safety. They're doing a good job of hiding his weaknesses. I guess if he can't shed blocks, lb is out but maybe that improves with some added weight too. Guess they're not complainin right now.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:46 PM   #70
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Surprise surprise, WR. I like Kelly but not in the 1st, same goes for Sweed. The Titans typically don't draft based on pressure to fill a need when the value doesn't stack up so I think a lot of mock makers will be surprised with their choice as they typically seem to be - Griffin last draft and Pacman two drafts before were both surprises when everyone was saying WR for both years. Expect it again unless a WR actually stands out.
I think injury concerns could knock Sweed down a bit.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
I know this is annoying, but what do they say for Houston?

When it comes to the actual draft, if we don't take an offensive lineman or secondary with our first pick, I think I'm gonna blow a fuse.
11. Houston Texans

Current record: 5-7
Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: DB, OG, RB
Projected pick: Malcolm Jenkins*, DB, Ohio State
Jenkins spends most of his time in soft-zone coverage at both corner and safety at Ohio State. It's unlikely he will ever emerge as a shutdown man-to-man cover corner in the NFL, but Jenkins is a ball hawk with excellent size and straight-line speed. His versatility could help solidify the Texans' secondary
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #72
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
LOL I feel you buddy, thats like the Raiders (my team) taking another DB in the first round. But at least you got one stud (Williams) and the funny thing is he was a last minute selection.
Vikes need a QB or a rec, they have a bunch of solid 2nd and 3rd rec. but no number 1 guy.
I don't know, I think Sidney Rice could step up and become a #1. But the pressing need for Minnesota is D-Line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »