Home

Arizona at Seattle

This is a discussion on Arizona at Seattle within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Arizona at Seattle

The Cardinals should not be allowed to wear the NFL shield anywhere on their uniform. I've never seen such an embarrassment to the game I love. So heartbreaking... I think I'm gonna go cry now...

Just kidding, for the last part at least. The Cards are who I thought the were, I wasn't fooled for one second with all the Wildcard talk. This team just doesn't know how to play the game. Year after year, they're on the fast track to nowhere. Good game Seattle.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #10
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't mean this to come off as rubbing it in or rude in any way, so excuse me if it does.

Does anyone remember how at the beginning of the season, once again, people were writing off the Seahawks in the NFC West and saying that the Cardinals and 49ers were going to win the West? Why does that always happen every year? Shouldn't they learn by now that the Seahawks are the dominant team in this division and by the way things are looking, will stay the dominant team for the near future?
Old 12-10-2007, 12:49 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
I don't mean this to come off as rubbing it in or rude in any way, so excuse me if it does.

Does anyone remember how at the beginning of the season, once again, people were writing off the Seahawks in the NFC West and saying that the Cardinals and 49ers were going to win the West? Why does that always happen every year? Shouldn't they learn by now that the Seahawks are the dominant team in this division and by the way things are looking, will stay the dominant team for the near future?
Everyone outside of Seattle has been pumping the Rams, Niners and Cardinals at the start of each season since 2003...why should Seattle fans expect that to change? I mean, no other team in the NFC has won 4-division titles in a row and 5 consecutive play-off appearances...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2007, 02:46 AM   #12
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu

The Hawks are a boring pick for experts. They love to go with the trendy picks, but keep getting proven wrong by old faithful. I about choked this morning when 3 of ESPN's guys on the pregame show picked the Cards to win this one. This was a lock in my book.

Imagine where the Hawks would be if it weren't for the botched play against the Cards in Week 2 and the 4th down stop in Cleveland. They are literally two plays away from being 11-2.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:19 AM   #13
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug00
The Hawks are a boring pick for experts. They love to go with the trendy picks, but keep getting proven wrong by old faithful. I about choked this morning when 3 of ESPN's guys on the pregame show picked the Cards to win this one. This was a lock in my book.

Imagine where the Hawks would be if it weren't for the botched play against the Cards in Week 2 and the 4th down stop in Cleveland. They are literally two plays away from being 11-2.
You can say that for so many teams.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:23 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

Huh? Many teams are two botched plays away from a 11-2 record?

The Seahawks have the best record in the NFC since 2003 and Qwest Field has become known as a brutal place to play for opponents. I hate to pull the East Coast bias card, but if the Seahawks were an East Coast team they'd be getting a lot more respect. This is still South Alaska to a lot of the Eastern media.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #15
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1
You can say that for so many teams.
True, you can. But its not often you see an All-Pro Quarterback and an All-Pro Runningback collide in the backfield on a miscommunication and fumble the win away in the last minute.

BTW...the Hawks defense is 2nd in interceptions, 2nd in sacks, and 5th in Points/Game. I'd say that's quite an improvement over the Defenses of years past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

I wouldn't call the failure to convert on fourth-and-a-foot at the end of the Cleveland game a botched play. The Hawks hadn't been able to convert on short-yardage situations by running the ball all year long so I put that one on Holmgren's stubborn insistence on running the ball anyway. The misdirection play where Hasselbeck fakes the left dive handoff and then does a naked bootleg to the right where he can other either throw to the TE or run it seems to work about 90% of the time so I was praying for Holmgren to call it there. No such luck.

But the Hawks have been in a strong position at the end to win every game this year except against New Orleans and Pittsburgh so they very easily could be 11-2. They could also very easily be 7-6 if AJ Feeley doesn't throw that third pick to Lofa Tutupu and Gus Frerotte doesn't fumble the snap on the one. 9-4 is pretty much where the Hawks should be right now if you figure that teams are going win some and lose some of those last minute nailbiters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »