Home

Jets at Patriots

This is a discussion on Jets at Patriots within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2007, 09:21 PM   #257
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Jets at Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Is it just me or are the Pats 14-0 and having just beaten teams that are under .500 like the Ravens and Jets giving you the impression that they will go 16-0 but lose somewhere in the playoffs?

I really think if they lose in the regular season it improves their playoff run, it would be the biggest NFL collapse in history if they lost in the playoffs after going undefeated in the regular season. If I'm a Pats fan I want them to win every game but winning the SB > undefeated in the regular season.

Thoughts?
I don't have that impression at all. Surely winning the SB is the ultimate goal but each week its simply winning that week's game.

Don't look back on the previous week to determine how the Pats will play in the coming week(s).
Old 12-17-2007, 06:24 AM   #258
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Is it just me or are the Pats 14-0 and having just beaten teams that are under .500 like the Ravens and Jets giving you the impression that they will go 16-0 but lose somewhere in the playoffs?

I really think if they lose in the regular season it improves their playoff run, it would be the biggest NFL collapse in history if they lost in the playoffs after going undefeated in the regular season. If I'm a Pats fan I want them to win every game but winning the SB > undefeated in the regular season.

Thoughts?
I wasn't expecting a blowout in the Jets game with that kind of weather. The important thing is that they win, not how much they win by. Also, don't forget they've beaten a lot of teams that will be in the play-offs as part of this undefeated season, too - Dallas, Colts, Steelers, Chargers, etc., so it's not like they're only undefeated because they've had a soft schedule or anything and it's not like they haven't shown they can beat the best teams in the league.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:42 AM   #259
MVP

OVR: 14

Def not from a soft schedule.

The Pats are 7-0 against teams with a winning record, with an average victory margin of 24 points per game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »