Home

Arthur Blank:"All you black people eat fried chicken"

This is a discussion on Arthur Blank:"All you black people eat fried chicken" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
Arthur Blank:"All you black people eat fried chicken"

Ok so he didn't say all that. LOL. He's not that stupid but his comments about Vick actually got some press and required a statement from the Falcons. He mentioned that Vick would need to stay in shape and "not eat a bunch of fried chicken and fries and put on 15 pounds" in order to help what would be a difficult return to the NFL.

I listened to the comment live as Blank's team was getting blanked and thought nothing of it whatsoever. As a black person you can tell whos saying something maliciously and who's just saying stuff with no intention of racism at all and you can easily see Blank was just saying he needs to keep himself in shape. When he said it I thought "Uh oh, I can hear it now" but I just dont see it.

What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Arthur Blank:"All you black people eat fried chicken"

I saw the comments live myself and to be honest I didn't see as racist at all either. I'm not surprised that some in the media has picked it up that way. That's just the way it is these days.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think that eating fried chicken is more a southern thing than a black thing. He probably referenced fried chicken because they are in GA. Not a big deal.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelaz1966
I think that eating fried chicken is more a southern thing than a black thing. He probably referenced fried chicken because they are in GA. Not a big deal.
Exactly what one of the guests on Rome is Burning yesterday said. It's a southern thing.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

The true racists are the ones who actually take that comment as meaning something racist.

I cannot stand people who think every comment is a racist comment. Get a life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I saw the comments live myself and to be honest I didn't see as racist at all either. I'm not surprised that some in the media has picked it up that way. That's just the way it is these days.
Someone in the media must have picked it up, it was on ESPN. But I don't think you'll find many, if any, black press or leaders making anything about it. It just didn't carry any "umph" to be that kind of remark. And despite what most people think of black people and leaders, we do have brains and minds of our own.

PS: Funny thing, in my whole life on earth I have to say that white's eat more fried chicken than anyone I've ever seen. Not saying all whites but everywhere I've worked I'm usually VASTLY outnumbered by whites and my co-workers could tear some chicken up. I mean COTDAMN they ate some chicken.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #7
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

I heard it live, thought nothing of it. My parents family at fried chicken all the time, with the post above me, it's a South thing, not a black/white thing. He could have said hamburgers, pizza, etc. He picked a fatty food.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 12-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

OK gotto luv the media trying to blow everything out of proportion just to get ratings. Gotto luv ESPN. Why we assume only black poeple eat fried chicken or water melons come on man. I know jews,white, arab, latin who love fried chicken more than me. Its like its reach to a point that this BS poilitical correctness is getting out of control. I have no problem with arthur blank saying that because i know what he meant.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »