Home

T.O gives Keyshawn the business

This is a discussion on T.O gives Keyshawn the business within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #33
Pro

jerseyboi2284's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: T.O gives Keyshawn the business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eights
I don't think Keyshawn was out of line. Look at where the Cowboys were before the Tuna.

Parcells got the team to be in the position that they are in. All Wade has done is use the talent that Parcells brought in correctly.
fixed

I mean come on how would you feel if you come to a team and attempt to fit in and produce and you get pigeonholed (sp?) by the main person who should be attempting to make his team work? He kept T.O in one spot all season like he was a 1 dimensional player and that is just wrong. That would be like Brett Favre being told to become a scrambler. You use your players to their strengths and Wade is doing exactly as he is supposed to do as a coach.

No offense to Tuna but I don't care how much talent you have on your team if they aren't being used correctly then your to blame not the other way around. If that wasnt the case since everyone is so quick to point out Wade inherited this team makeup from Big Tuna why are they performing better for Wade then Tuna who everyone knows is a "better" head coach?
Old 12-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eights
I was referring to TO.

Keyshawn has his ring. TO...does not.
T.O went with the Eagles, but lost.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
True, but why couldn't Parcells do anything with his talent? He needed to retire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Then how come this team, with all of Parcells' talent, was not 12-1 when he was the coach?

TO has a right to be upset at Keyshawn over this. The Tuna has nothing to do with this season, or the success of this team so to say he deserves most of the credit is worthy of a verbal beatdown like the one TO gave him. Did it have to be so personal? No, TO could've focused on the team as a whole and not just comparing himself to Key, but we all know TO likes to talk about himself. At least it was semi-justified this time.
It was Romo's first year as a starting QB, and it was TO's first year at Dallas.

Without the Tuna, there is no Tony Romo. Without The Romo, there are no Dallas Cowboys.

Edit: I am referring to the year just prior to Parcells release from the Cowboys. He had the combo of TO and Romo for one year, and got them to the playoffs in the first year.

Last edited by Double Eights; 12-12-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 18

Interesting, but if I know Keyshawn like I think I do, he will definitely be responding to this. T.O is in over his head if he wants to attempt to out talk Keyshawn. I would not be a bit surprised if Key and T.O. had one of those one on ones on espn.

Additionally, Parcells put the whole team together and got Romo's feet wet. How can you not say that he is not the reason for this teams success, heck, he is the reason for the team! They perform better know because Parcells let T.o know that he was not going to run the team in the ground due to his antics, so you can say he somewhat handcuffed him, for good reason in my opinion. But T.O. is the one that instigates this stuff by constantly insinuating that Parcells did not know what he was doing. All Key told him last week was to let it go. Obviously he can't. So we will sit back and watch the verbal fireworks, I imagine.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:59 PM   #37
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
So we will sit back and watch the verbal fireworks, I imagine.
And with the two participants involved, we'll all be very entertained.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 21

Parcells gets credit for putting the team together. He has a good nose for talent and deserves credit for getting the team all its parts. However as a coach he could not make it work and I think it was mainly due to his stubborness. It was gonna be his way or no way. Like someone else said earliar, he did not use the talent he had to suit its strengths, instead he tried to conform the talnet to how he wanted things done. In this case it did not work.

What Wade has done is great and Wade and the staff he brought with him deserves credit for this 12-1 record. Keyshawn seems to be the ESPN hired trash talk assassin. He says all the contorversial get people pissed off stuff. If he is gonna say stuff like that, then I am sure any reasonable person is gonna expect a rebuttal. I dont know how anyone can classify T.O responding as him being a moron. You can not like what he says but you cant fault him for speaking out.

If you look back on both guys careers, I would think 90% of coaches would take T.O over Keyshawn.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:19 PM   #39
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

All the people arguing against Parcelles building the team. See Tony Dungy and John Grudens super bowl win. I'm a Bucs fan and can tell that team was Dungy's all they way. Even they way they won it was Dungy's.

People can piss and moan and Parcelles, but he made that team. Hell he brought the Cowboys back. Before Parcelles got there, I believe them cowboys were going through some 5-11 seasons. Parcelles gets there and it's playoffs.

Wade has done a great job w/ the talent, but w/o Parcelles there is no talent.

I hope Key does say something to TO.
Yes I am a TO *****, and proud of it. If I had to choose, I'd take Key 10 out of 10. Yeah he'll yell at the coach and scream give me the damn ball. But he won't question my qb's sexuality or toughness. Won't tell my coach to shut up. Won't make a media circus working out in the drive way. And will go through the middle arms stretched with Jack Tatum and Ronnie Lott themselves staring him down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Last edited by TheShizNo1; 12-12-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Parcells gets credit for putting the team together. He has a good nose for talent and deserves credit for getting the team all its parts. However as a coach he could not make it work and I think it was mainly due to his stubborness. It was gonna be his way or no way. Like someone else said earliar, he did not use the talent he had to suit its strengths, instead he tried to conform the talnet to how he wanted things done. In this case it did not work.

What Wade has done is great and Wade and the staff he brought with him deserves credit for this 12-1 record. Keyshawn seems to be the ESPN hired trash talk assassin. He says all the contorversial get people pissed off stuff. If he is gonna say stuff like that, then I am sure any reasonable person is gonna expect a rebuttal. I dont know how anyone can classify T.O responding as him being a moron. You can not like what he says but you cant fault him for speaking out.

If you look back on both guys careers, I would think 90% of coaches would take T.O over Keyshawn.

I don't think any one is questioning whether T.O would be chosen over Key. I don't think even Key would question that (but it would really depend on what your team needed). I think the whole thing is T.O. constantly insinuating that the current staff was better than the last because he is more involved. T.O. has himself to blame for that partly because of the way he had been conducting himself on every other team he had been with. Parcells was justified to restrain him, so to speak. And I think, the fact that parcells got them to the playoffs, something that had not been done in dallas in about ten years was quite a feet. Not to mention the fact that they lost on a fluke play while there. All in all, T.O. is having a great year, but some of the points Key has made were true. T.O. should let the last year stuff go. Keep in mind this dallas team has not won a playoff game yet.

Also, all Key was doing was pointing out the obvious in saying that parcells put the team together. And keep in mind he also gave Romo some very good to great pointers on how to lead, that should not be forgotten.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »