Home

Brett Favre is the greatest QB of all time....

This is a discussion on Brett Favre is the greatest QB of all time.... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #73
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Brett Favre is the greatest QB of all time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Unlike most bears fans i dont really hate Farve. I respect him for the way he plays the game. Sure ive had to watch him destroy my team since i was 6 (not the last 3 years, thanks lovie,) but i dont have any real hatred for teh guy as a player. If i hate anyone its Tom Brady but you see how i regard him

Honestly BK is Favre your #1 all time QB after all the football youve watched over the years?
Nope I said from the beginning, my list starts with John Elway.

But I can easily see the argument you could make for Favre, and he's certainly an all-timer.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:06 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 29

What are we arguing now?

It is debatable if Favre is the greatest, but he has the greatest time out there!

See, I'm like all those other media guys who slobber all over Brett's love of the game.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:08 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I can agree with most of this.

It's easy to blame Favre in Philly for the duck, but you and I both know the Packers lost the game before that. Remember 4th and 26. Bear fans seem to want to recall the Favre duck vs the 4th and 26 earlier.

If the Packers stop 4th and 26, the game is over.
Who holds the record for most interceptions in a playoff game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
Who holds the record for most interceptions in a playoff game?
Let's see, another Bears fan with obvious bias.

Yeah, as a Bears fan, I can see why you would see more negatives than positives that Favre has given the fans.

He's also a first ballot HOF. Not bad for the leading INT leader in a playoff game, huh?
Old 12-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Nope I said from the beginning, my list starts with John Elway.

But I can easily see the argument you could make for Favre, and he's certainly an all-timer.
Elway made way too many plays that only he and possibly Randall Cunningham can make. In particular, he used to do this pirouette move to esacape a collapsing pocket and then he would throw a 50 yard seed on some guys breast plate. Elway made the field a lot smaller. And he would make these kind of plays a lot. There was one play against the Bears (87 MNF) where he was running to his right approaching the sideline then suddenly decides to throw it to a WR with a defender in front and behind him. The WR was about 35 yards down the field and throwing it side-armed he had to put enough on it for it to get to the WR before the defender behind the WR could get there and he had to also feather it in over the defender in front of the WR. It was an improvisation throw with minimal margin for error and he was perfect. Absolutely incredible.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 15

I dont get it

We all agree that Favre isnt the #1 QB of all time, why do we have to be biased to say that?
Old 12-16-2007, 10:25 PM   #79
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
Elway made way too many plays that only he and possibly Randall Cunningham can make. In particular, he used to do this pirouette move to esacape a collapsing pocket and then he would throw a 50 yard seed on some guys breast plate. Elway made the field a lot smaller. And he would make these kind of plays a lot. There was one play against the Bears (87 MNF) where he was running to his right approaching the sideline then suddenly decides to throw it to a WR with a defender in front and behind him. The WR was about 35 yards down the field and throwing it side-armed he had to put enough on it for it to get to the WR before the defender behind the WR could get there and he had to also feather it in over the defender in front of the WR. It was an improvisation throw with minimal margin for error and he was perfect. Absolutely incredible.
As the fan of a divisional rival of his, I saw him make plays that I don't believe another soul in the history of the game could make, way too many times.

Nothing like seeing him fling a deep out to the wide side of the field across his body for a back breaking first down every other week, to break your spirit.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:45 PM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I dont get it

We all agree that Favre isnt the #1 QB of all time, why do we have to be biased to say that?
I wasn't specifically addressing you, I was addressing yves, who seems to adore coming up with negatives from the Favre era, one by one, which are fiction and non-fiction.

However , if I would be addressing you, you can't say over the last few years you've had bias against Favre, starting threads like Drunken Favre, how you seem to enjoy to capitalize Favre's INT record, etc........As the once talented Brittney Spears would say, Your not that, Innocent.

Even as a Packer fan, I wouldn't give Favre the number 1 ranking, but he's up there to discuss it.

Last edited by roadman; 12-16-2007 at 10:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »