Home

Too All Vikings Fans

This is a discussion on Too All Vikings Fans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2007, 08:50 PM   #25
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Too All Vikings Fans

I don't see how you can argue with a guy who is 8-2 when he's started this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by H to the G
... I didn't say that pal, would you actually READ the post before jumping to conclusions?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love McNabb here since he's a better QB but he's not going to make us a Superbowl team if you don't consider us one right now.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/in...7212c1a5856921
Agree why do you guys think Mcnabb is going to do better in Minny then he is doing in Philly? I like him, but he is coming off some heavy injuries.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:49 PM   #27
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
I don't see how you can argue with a guy who is 8-2 when he's started this season.
And he was hurt at the end of one of his losses.

Honestly though, a problem I'd have with him is durability. He is only in his second year in the league and is showing an inability to stay on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
Agree why do you guys think Mcnabb is going to do better in Minny then he is doing in Philly? I like him, but he is coming off some heavy injuries.
Well this year McNabb has 2700 passing yds (to Jackson's 1516). They both average 6.8 per attempt. McNabb has 15 tds to Jackson's 6. McNabb has 6 ints to Jackson's 10. McNabb completes 60% of his passes to Jackson's 58.6%. McNabb has an 86.8 rtg to Jackson's 69.6. McNabb even has more rushing yards, 199 to 180. All that less than a year removed from an injury that normally takes a year and a half to two years to recover fully from.

All that being said, when you play in the metrodome, you probably shouldn't go after guys with knee injuries. But McNabb is not a scrub qb. He is still very good. McNabb is 13th in the league in qb rtg (in a down year) to 30th for Jackson.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:03 AM   #28
Rookie

madnumber24's Arena

OVR: 1

honestly no, i think he will be decent though, he just gotta work on that arm strength.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:59 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
And he was hurt at the end of one of his losses.

Honestly though, a problem I'd have with him is durability. He is only in his second year in the league and is showing an inability to stay on the field.

Well this year McNabb has 2700 passing yds (to Jackson's 1516). They both average 6.8 per attempt. McNabb has 15 tds to Jackson's 6. McNabb has 6 ints to Jackson's 10. McNabb completes 60% of his passes to Jackson's 58.6%. McNabb has an 86.8 rtg to Jackson's 69.6. McNabb even has more rushing yards, 199 to 180. All that less than a year removed from an injury that normally takes a year and a half to two years to recover fully from.

All that being said, when you play in the metrodome, you probably shouldn't go after guys with knee injuries. But McNabb is not a scrub qb. He is still very good. McNabb is 13th in the league in qb rtg (in a down year) to 30th for Jackson.
Stats guy, wow...

Well, Tony Romo has a 99.3 rating as compared to Manning's 95.2! I guess that makes Romo the better QB!

Wrong, stats like that don't matter, players have off years with everything factored in, including how big of a role they have on a team, and using your formula, you'd rather have Antonio Cromartie over Champ Bailer or Al Harris...

McNabb has a bigger role in the offense because everyone knows Andy Reid is in love with passing and having his QB throw 50 passes a game and whatnot, whereas Tarvaris has to yield to Peterson... adding on to the fact that Tarvaris missed 4 games this season... not to mention McNabb has receivers who actually catch the ball when it's thrown to them, and receivers that know how to run routes.

While indeed, McNabb is the superior QB, but he's not a Superbowl QB IMO, he's not a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady that is automatically going to make everyone better because he's just not that type of QB.

In conclusion, I DO believe that McNabb might slightly increase the Vikings' production, but saying he's going to turn us into a title contender (if you don't see us as one now) is foolish. My take? Don't your waste your money on it, Rob.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:21 AM   #30
Rookie

Mr.Burns's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Stats guy, wow...

Wrong, stats like that don't matter, players have off years with everything factored in, including how big of a role they have on a team, and using your formula, you'd rather have Antonio Cromartie over Champ Bailer or Al Harris...
You're nuts. Cromartie was a real hyped kid coming out of college with incredible potential. For somebody who's still raw, his first starting season shows what he's capable of. No hating on him, he's giving you a good reason to believe the hype. Al Harris, I think he's not even the best CB on his own team. Charles Woodson was putting up monster numbers back when Al Harris was still the NB for the Eagles. I guess I'm not a fan of his game.

Quote:
Tarvaris can't develop on his own, you know... he does make some awful throws sometimes, but so does McNabb, and I don't think he's going to translate this team into success when/if he does come here.
McNabb doesn't turn over the ball as often.(always overlooked) That's the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMoss84
jackson and vick shouldnt belong in same sentence there is nothing in common
I don't think any person will come close to Vick unless LT2 starts playing QB. 99 Madden speed, who can top that? Only Devin Hester probably.

Quote:
Adrian Peterson. At one point, the Fins' fans probably used the same excuse for Jay Fiedler. lol

Quote:
Don't judge him just on his performance last night. As Joe Theismann reminded us every twenty seconds, it is only is 12th start. He'll grow into the role we need him to play - a guy who can make the high percentage throws and knows how to turn around and hand the ball off.

Basically all he has to do. Barring an injury to AD, he shouldn't screw up.
Picturing the faces of Chargers' fans and certain studio analysts as they watch Eli play in the Super Bowl XLII from their respective homes, or for some - a television studio - Priceless.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
You're nuts. Cromartie was a real hyped kid coming out of college with incredible potential. For somebody who's still raw, his first starting season shows what he's capable of. No hating on him, he's giving you a good reason to believe the hype. Al Harris, I think he's not even the best CB on his own team. Charles Woodson was putting up monster numbers back when Al Harris was still the NB for the Eagles. I guess I'm not a fan of his game.
What the hell? Are you being serious? I don't CARE how hyped Cromartie is, he is nowhere near the level of Al Harris OR Champ Bailey, and you do NOT trade Al Harris or Champ Bailey (both top corners in their own respect) based on potential... he's putting up great numbers, he's not that great of a CB considering he's like what, a slot corner? C'mon now... and Woodson being better than Harris is a joke, he might put up better stats, but Harris barely gets the ball thrown his way as much as opposed to Woodson. Woodson might get the picks, but I'd rather have Harris there to glue my man, 10/10.

Quote:
McNabb doesn't turn over the ball as often.(always overlooked) That's the difference.
Turnovers or not, he's not going to suddenly activate a monotonous air attack that we already have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #32
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Stats guy, wow...

Well, Tony Romo has a 99.3 rating as compared to Manning's 95.2! I guess that makes Romo the better QB!

McNabb has a bigger role in the offense because everyone knows Andy Reid is in love with passing and having his QB throw 50 passes a game and whatnot, whereas Tarvaris has to yield to Peterson... adding on to the fact that Tarvaris missed 4 games this season... not to mention McNabb has receivers who actually catch the ball when it's thrown to them, and receivers that know how to run routes.

While indeed, McNabb is the superior QB, but he's not a Superbowl QB IMO, he's not a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady that is automatically going to make everyone better because he's just not that type of QB.

In conclusion, I DO believe that McNabb might slightly increase the Vikings' production, but saying he's going to turn us into a title contender (if you don't see us as one now) is foolish. My take? Don't your waste your money on it, Rob.
You're right, stats in football mean less than they do in any other sport. But they can tell you something. McNabb has only 6 ints in 397 attempts. That's actually the lowest int % of his career. And that is in a very pass orientated offense. Normally you see more ints in those. And it isn't like he has a great offense around him. His receivers are Kevin Curtis and Todd Pinkston. It isn't like he has T.O.

And as far as Romo and Manning go, their stats are relatively close. McNabb's and Jackson's aren't. And you have to take in the whole body of work. Manning has had a great number of great years, Romo is having his first. Just like McNabb has done great over his whole career, and Jackson is still unproven. I think Romo is having a better season, but Peyton is the better qb, overall. But as far as McNabb/Jackson go, if Jackson goes to Philly, he fails miserably. He would be incapable at this stage of his career to manage that offense at all. McNabb throws an int on 1.5% of attempts, Jackson on 4.5%. That's a big deal, especially when all you are being asked to do if you are jackson is to not turn the ball over.

I've also said that I don't think the Vikings should go after McNabb anyway. Artificial turf would not be good for his knee, and it would destroy any possibility of Jackson turning into a good qb. He's got potential, he's led you to a possible playoff berth in his second year. Everyone knew he'd be a project player. He came in very raw and it was going to take time for him to develop. But he has a high ceiling and I see him improving (almost) every week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »