Home

Bears QB Situation + their other problems

This is a discussion on Bears QB Situation + their other problems within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Bears QB Situation + their other problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymanGT
McNabb would be the most viable choice right now, but I don't know if he can be a long term solution if he doesn't stay healthy.

Bring back Thomas Jones, that guy was a work horse.
Candy, I don't know if you're being serious, but they can't bring back TJ if Cedric is there. The whole reason the Bears got rid of TJ for next to nothing is because Angelo thought TJ was going to rip his face off.

I believe Angelo confirmed to 670 that TJ did in fact jack Cedric in the face sometime last year.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #10
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
I believe Angelo confirmed to 670 that TJ did in fact jack Cedric in the face sometime last year.
If true, I'm not surprised Benson didn't do anything abut it. TJ has some cannon arms.

Personally though I would pick Taylor over Rhodes. We need someone to split... although I think Taylor is looking for the #1 role with no split.

As far as McNabb... if they can revamp the o-line, bring in another running back, and maybe get some kind of WR, I say bring him in.

If we get a speed guy and fix our o-line we can have a awesome running game because Benson does have that power running game at times.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:12 PM   #11
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Candy, I don't know if you're being serious, but they can't bring back TJ if Cedric is there. The whole reason the Bears got rid of TJ for next to nothing is because Angelo thought TJ was going to rip his face off.

I didn't know that.

I really liked Jones when he was in Chicago and thought that he was a more well rounded back than what we have had over the last few years. Benson turned me off with the BS he created during his rookie season.

I'm not sold on Benson and will never be, the guy is like a train when he wants to be..................but when he isn't, the guy just plain out sucks. Again, the o-line is at fault for some of the crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #12
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Chester Taylor may be on the market.
Dude is getting the short end in Minnesota...AP is the truth, but no one is giving this guy any credit...half of their current winning streak was w/o AP.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:24 AM   #13
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
Dude is getting the short end in Minnesota...AP is the truth, but no one is giving this guy any credit...half of their current winning streak was w/o AP.
Taylor is a really good back... he was behind Lewis in Baltimore and now behind AP in Minnesota. He'll find a nice home somewhere as a starter.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

You guys already know my opinion on what to do at QB.

We need Oline more than anything. Yeah we need WR, RB etc. But w/out a line that doesn't surrender 50 yards in false starts a game do we really know what we have?

I do know the single biggest move we need to make is fire Turner. Shame on the Bears for bringing this piece of crap back.

I'm starting to have serious doubts about Lovie as well. I know we're married to him for years, but this team is not prepared, ultimately that is his fault.

On D, we need a real safety. Since our Offense won't be good for a few years, we should shore up the D. If Kenny Phillips is available when we pick, then that's our guy.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:30 AM   #15
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

I think Lovie deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2007, 09:33 AM   #16
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I do know the single biggest move we need to make is fire Turner. Shame on the Bears for bringing this piece of crap back.
This is Priority 1A.

Priority 1B is to get an OC who's had NFL experience and has some creativity, imagination and intelligence.

If the Bears have to overpay for him then I'm all for it. BUT before the Bears do anything these two things must be taken care of first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »