Home

Cowboys at Redskins

This is a discussion on Cowboys at Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2007, 02:10 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Cowboys at Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
The main point is the Redskins won't be playing the 13-2, 57 pro bowlers Cowboys. The Redskins will have more pro bowlers play on Sunday than the Cowboys.
The latest I read was that Wade was non-committal about saying anyone that wasn't injured would not play as this was a rivalry game and they were committed to trying to win this game like any other. So where are you hearing this from or is this just your own opinion? Even if that is true that does not mean the Cowboys are necessarily at a disadvantage. For instance, Brad Johnson has worlds more experience than this Collins fellow.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 12-27-2007, 02:48 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmer
Personally I would love to see the Redskins/Cowboys second round, but playing Seattle in Seattle is no easy task.

As far as opening up the playbook for Collins goes, I have heard a lot of Redskin fans say that, but these look like the same plays to me. It is just that Collins is making better choices and throwing the ball on time. Yards productivity wise, the Campbell offense and Collins offense is about the same. Two big differences though, Collins has only turned the ball over once on a fumble, Campbell accounted for 4 of the 6 turnovers against the Buccanneers alone. Another things is TD's. The Redskins played about the same against Buffalo as the did the Vikings, really dominated them, yet first three scores were FG's against Buffalo, our first 3 offensive scores against the Vikings were TD passes.

The Redskins have been about the same all year, again only getting blown out by the Patriots, every other game they have had the chance to win. Will they win this week, I don't know, we go back to only scoring FG's anything can happen.

I do know this though, if anyone gets blown out this week it will be a Cowboy team resting their starters.

And for the record, I think Ohio State will beat LSU. LSU is a good matchup for them.
This is true and I like Campbell a lot. He's had a good year. But if you remember those games, there was serious turmoil on the sidelines. Who's calling the plays? Why aren't they getting in on time? Why is the personnel on the field not what it should be? Why are they calling a timeout at a time like that? They are clearly more comfortable letting Collins just run the plays than with Campbell. I don't quite understand it but right now it is what it is, and it's shown on the field. You can see the difference in play calling by how the ball has been spread around the field. For a long time, the WRs didn't even have a catch and last week Collins hit at least 5 different targets. It's not that Campbell couldn't (imo) but they wouldn't let him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
The main point is the Redskins won't be playing the 13-2, 57 pro bowlers Cowboys. The Redskins will have more pro bowlers play on Sunday than the Cowboys.
Exactly... ODogg, your definition of what a homer IS was perfectly sculpted to not include you and others like you. There are some homers that are completely unbearable. Those are who you describe... but there are also those like you. I don't think your completely irrational but your thought process is flawed by your being a Boys fan and it's pretty easy to see.

With that said, you make good points about why you should feel the Boys should win... I don't think you shouldn't feel they'll win actually. I just don't agree with some of your reasoning for that. I personally think a completely healthy Boys team would win this game but they aren't healthy. Their best player on offense definitely won't be playing. Their best corner is hurting and shouldn't play much if at all. Their QB has been struggling recently and losing his best target won't help. It's a rivalry game that means the world to the Skins and in DC. You may say the Boys will win despite all that and that's cool... like I said, it's just the reasons you listed that don't really sound right.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
This is true and I like Campbell a lot. He's had a good year. But if you remember those games, there was serious turmoil on the sidelines. Who's calling the plays? Why aren't they getting in on time? Why is the personnel on the field not what it should be? Why are they calling a timeout at a time like that? They are clearly more comfortable letting Collins just run the plays than with Campbell. I don't quite understand it but right now it is what it is, and it's shown on the field. You can see the difference in play calling by how the ball has been spread around the field. For a long time, the WRs didn't even have a catch and last week Collins hit at least 5 different targets. It's not that Campbell couldn't (imo) but they wouldn't let him.
See I don't understand why people say this, every pass play has a 1st 2nd and 3rd reads. They are the same plays, Collins is just understanding the reads better IMO. And I like Campbell and still want him to be the Redskin QB, I just think he can learn a lot by watching Collins run Saunders offense right now. I used to get frustrated seeing Moss break open on a play only to see Campbell check down to Sellers or throw to Cooley underneath. The QB needs to get the wr's involved.

And the timeouts early in the season I think have everything to do with being cautious with a young QB, not really mismanagement. But there are too many "head" coaches on this team, they sometimes seem to make decisions by committee when they really should not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #36
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmer
See I don't understand why people say this, every pass play has a 1st 2nd and 3rd reads. They are the same plays, Collins is just understanding the reads better IMO. And I like Campbell and still want him to be the Redskin QB, I just think he can learn a lot by watching Collins run Saunders offense right now. I used to get frustrated seeing Moss break open on a play only to see Campbell check down to Sellers or throw to Cooley underneath. The QB needs to get the wr's involved.

And the timeouts early in the season I think have everything to do with being cautious with a young QB, not really mismanagement. But there are too many "head" coaches on this team, they sometimes seem to make decisions by committee when they really should not.
We're saying the same thing so I'm having trouble figuring out where you're confused. I like Campbell and Collins. I think Collins should start this year for as long as they win and Campbell should be the starter coming into next season. I guess you're talking about my comment on more WRs getting involved now than before (and the TOs, etc.). I don't think Campbell was calling different plays but that he was calling a much, much smaller percentage of the playbook. He clearly doesn't have the understanding of it that Collins does at this point but I also think they need to take the training wheels off. He should've started long before he did. Like you said, "they have too many head coaches" and I think they get in their own way a lot more with Campbell out there than with Collins out there.

Keep in mind, this all started with Odogg saying not having Campbell start was a plus for the Cowboys... I think our confusion is different angles of arguing the same thing (for the most part).
Old 12-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #37
Pro

I have a tendency to defend Gibbs when it is not even needed...sorry.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #38
MVP

adriano's Arena

I think if Campbell stayed had stayed healthy the Skins would not have made this run. Campbell is great when the first read is there. He can make every throw and pretty ones I might add. Its when he has to go through his progressions where he panics. His clock isnt there yet...Hes made some really bad decisions in the 4th quarter in games this year..He will get there eventually..

We are at a huge disadvantage from the stand point of injuries, whos playing, and who needs the game more..

But I am really looking forward to this game. I think Carpenter will do fine playing OLB. Spencer needs more PT. I really would like to see Tyson Thompson activated and Glenn will play some. Isiah Stanback is another player I really like.

No matter what the skins will not get a easy game..Dallas skins games are usually played well
Old 12-27-2007, 10:16 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

I just want to get this one over avoiding any more injuries. I've gotten bored with the regular season.

On a side note, as I was headed to my family's house on Christamas Day, I decided to swing through Arlington to check out the new stadium as i've only seen pictures online....One word...HUGE! That thing is freaking huge.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

Last edited by SoMiss2000; 12-27-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:19 PM   #40
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

I hope the Boys play Romo for at least the 1st half and have a comfortable enough lead for the 2nd and 3rd stringers to put them away in the 2nd.

Will it happen? I seriously doubt it, but it would be fun to watch.
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »