Home

16-0? Patriots @ Giants

This is a discussion on 16-0? Patriots @ Giants within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2007, 06:19 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: 16-0? Patriots @ Giants

I find it funny how some people are reacting to this whole mess...

I am a die hard Giants fan with season tix and I can care less about the Pats perfect season. The pats have to win it all if they want it to mean anything.. If they dont then they will be a laughin stock because you cant go undefeated and then get bounced in the playoffs

Me being a huge Giants fan.. I want the Giants to rest their key players that are banged up....Beating the Pats is only good for sports talk.. It does not bring the Giants nothing...We beat the Broncos in 98 when they were 13-0 and we were a 5 win team. I remember that game but thats because I am a fan of the Giants. But what came out of that year was the Broncos winning it all and the Giants drafting top 10.

If the Giants want to beat the Pats then beat them when it counts and that is the Super Bowl. I dont think we are good enough to get there but as long as we are in the playoffs we have a shot.

If we get to Arizon and the Pats are there then you beat them there because it would matter there.. Not in regular season game number 16.

Also the giants have lost 2 straight first round games and we dont want to make it 3. This team is always brittle so why risk injury.

Rest the key players but go hard with the subs...

Last thing you want to do is beat the Pats and then play them in the super bowl if they both get there... You know the Pats would kill us....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 18

Now the whole world gets to hear Bryant Gumble suck *** which hopefully leads to his firing.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:36 PM   #27
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
NFL Network takes an L (as the kids on the street say).
I assume they'll see it as free advertising though. This is a free simulcast of the NFL network broadcast on both CBS and NBC. More people will see this NFL Network game than people that even have the channel.

This isn't a loss for them, but a loss for everyone that hates the idea of Bryant Gumbel and Cris Collinsworth commentating a game on 3 channels.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:48 PM   #28
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashanova
its like this chick on the FAN said yesurday if you beat tampa and get whooped by gb or dallas no one is going to remember it, but if you get in the way of a team going for a perfect season and win everyone is going to remember it just like they remember in 98 when the giants beat the broncos
This is the only point that should be discussed. I cant stand those who are making the argument "The Giants need to rest for the playoffs, this game is meaningless."

The game is about legacy. Even if the Giants made it to and won the SB, in 15 years who will remember off the top of their head who won SB VII? That point is moot anyways since the Giants will get knocked out in the first or second round, so theyd be moronic to sit anyone. I think Coughlin has too much pride to lay down and die anyways so I expect both teams coming out in full force.

Last edited by deeman11747; 12-26-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #29
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
This is the only point that should be discussed. I cant stand those who are making the argument "The Giants need to rest for the playoffs, this game is meaningless."

The game is about legacy. Even if the Giants made it to and won the SB, in 15 years who will remember off the top of their head who won SB VII? That point is moot anyways since the Giants will get knocked out in the first or second round, so theyd be moronic to sit anyone. I think Coughlin has too much pride to lay down and die anyways so I expect both teams coming out in full force.
It's a meaningless game for the Giants. Nobody remembers who beat the Colts a few years ago. It does absolutely nothing for the Giants to win this game.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:28 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I assume they'll see it as free advertising though. This is a free simulcast of the NFL network broadcast on both CBS and NBC. More people will see this NFL Network game than people that even have the channel.
That's kind of the point I'm making though.

The NFL Network's only bargaining chip was this game. Obviously, they lost the negotiations. The NFL itself I'm sure won, as they probably are charging NBC and CBS a **** ton of money, but the NFL Network is loser.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashanova
its like this chick on the FAN said yesurday if you beat tampa and get whooped by gb or dallas no one is going to remember it, but if you get in the way of a team going for a perfect season and win everyone is going to remember it just like they remember in 98 when the giants beat the broncos

Everyone is a pretty broad term, but I'll hedge to bet that unless they see it mentioned on ESPN, the average fan doesn't remember or even care that the Giants beat the Broncos in 98. Rest guys like Plax and Jacobs and play Eli sparingly. Sure would be stupid for Coughlin to have one of his studs get injured for the sake of playing spoiler to the Patriots possible perfect season. Instilling the mentality that this game is the biggest thing they have to play for is pretty dumb seeing as how they have a very winnable game against Tampa the next weekend. Regardless of how much of an outside shot they may have at going to the Super Bowl, the team has bigger things to worry about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2007, 08:45 PM   #32
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
That's kind of the point I'm making though.

The NFL Network's only bargaining chip was this game. Obviously, they lost the negotiations. The NFL itself I'm sure won, as they probably are charging NBC and CBS a **** ton of money, but the NFL Network is loser.
Well they went for more exposure. This will be a NFL Network telecast on two top broadcast tv channels. They'll probably get a few requests for the channel, as I'm sure they'll mention they will add more games to the network next year during the telecast. I still think it's a bad thing, but not for your reason.

the nfl network needs time to mature more than anything. The Dallas/Green Bay game I watched was so poorly done, that I'll doubt I'll ever actively seek out or request the network, unless it gets tucked in my cable package. It's still a young network, with sloppy broadcasts and horrible commentators. It's like selling an ugly car next to a Ferrari dealership. There are already channels that pay billions while presenting the NFL better, yet the NFL wants to take away games and shove a sloppy niche channel down our throats all in the interest of fans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »