Home

AFC Wildcard Game: Titans at Chargers

This is a discussion on AFC Wildcard Game: Titans at Chargers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who will win?
Titans 23 23.47%
Chargers 75 76.53%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2007, 05:15 AM   #17
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: AFC Wildcard Game: Titans at Chargers

Resorting to other tactics? Mawae has been one of the dirtiest players in the NFL forever. Him and Rodney Harrison get voted on that player list every year I think, or however regularly they do it.

Didn't really figure him for the really dirty intentional injury type though, I think the stuff he's more famous for is just the smaller 'behind the scenes' stuff - don't think I've ever seen him take out a guy's legs from behind late. In fact I'd bet such an action would warrant a suspension, no? I mean there are cameras everywhere these days (well, actually, apparently not in the Chargers @ Titans game it seemed).

Anyway he probably won't play being injured himself.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:52 AM   #18
Rookie

Mr.Burns's Arena

OVR: 3

Chargers should wrap this one up. They got double the talent and if Philip Rivers is as good as his 25-7 starter record supposed to imply, let's see him actually do something. Chargers are very talented. Cromartie is going to be insane. Good luck to Collins/Young it's not going to be easy.
Picturing the faces of Chargers' fans and certain studio analysts as they watch Eli play in the Super Bowl XLII from their respective homes, or for some - a television studio - Priceless.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:11 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

the madden curse hit the titans as the wrong time.... though kerry collins did his job last night.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:40 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Chargers win if they can hold Young to under 50 yds rshing. If he breaks down the defense by running and scrambling they'll be off their game big time.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:19 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Even if VY is healthy, I would start Collins. He is a better passer and with him in there, SD would have to respect the run and the pass. With VY playing, you take the run away and tell VY to beat you.

SD should have the same problems though. Titans have a good rushing defense and if the guys aren't hurt from this week, they can shut LT down. They will tell Rivers to beat them and see if he has anything to say now.

THis should be a good game and if the injuries aren't a problem, then I give the edge to the Titans because of Fisher, he is a heck of a coach (although I hate him and the Titans).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2007, 12:24 PM   #22
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostone
kerry collins did his job last night.
so did Young, very well, until he got injured

Last edited by ZB9; 12-31-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:34 PM   #23
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Resorting to other tactics? Mawae has been one of the dirtiest players in the NFL forever. Him and Rodney Harrison get voted on that player list every year I think, or however regularly they do it.

Didn't really figure him for the really dirty intentional injury type though, I think the stuff he's more famous for is just the smaller 'behind the scenes' stuff - don't think I've ever seen him take out a guy's legs from behind late. In fact I'd bet such an action would warrant a suspension, no? I mean there are cameras everywhere these days (well, actually, apparently not in the Chargers @ Titans game it seemed).

Anyway he probably won't play being injured himself.
I saw the play. Igor Olshansky talked about the play. It's really not disuptable.

I watched the game again last night. He also took a cheap poke at Cromartie after a FG and then stood over him and taunted him.

Hopefully, this will be like any other NFL game, and the players will police themselves, and pay back will be served. It would be well worth the fine.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:36 PM   #24
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Even if VY is healthy, I would start Collins. He is a better passer and with him in there, SD would have to respect the run and the pass. With VY playing, you take the run away and tell VY to beat you.

SD should have the same problems though. Titans have a good rushing defense and if the guys aren't hurt from this week, they can shut LT down. They will tell Rivers to beat them and see if he has anything to say now.

THis should be a good game and if the injuries aren't a problem, then I give the edge to the Titans because of Fisher, he is a heck of a coach (although I hate him and the Titans).
Well, they had those guys healthy last time they played, at Tennesse. LT rushed for 146 yards and a TD and scored another TD, so I am not so sure about shutting LT down. Rivers absolutely torched them down the stretch in that game also.

I like SD's chances. However, add up it's the playoffs, the Chargers and the Norv factor, and it doesn't look good for Charger fans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »