Home

AFC Wildcard Game: Titans at Chargers

This is a discussion on AFC Wildcard Game: Titans at Chargers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who will win?
Titans 23 23.47%
Chargers 75 76.53%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2007, 03:52 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: AFC Wildcard Game: Titans at Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
On a side note its crazy how Ten & Jax are so physical yet the Colts continue to dominate that division with a finesse team
The refs/Polian will not let the Jags or Titans win. It is almost always <7 point win for the Colts and the refs account for 1+ TD a game for the Colts when playing in the division. The Colts have gotten a lot more physical than they have been in the past, but the Jags were able to out play them in the dome, but couldn't pull it off as they got behind early by 2 TDs that the refs gave to the Colts after crazy instant replay reversals and a few penalties.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:12 PM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
kinda like the last game between these two teams
Yeah not really. But good try.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #35
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
who has said that Young has had a good year overall? He has played very well in key spots, and had some good games (like last night until he got injured)..but overall he's had a bad season individually.

but why compare those two players? they are in completely different situations. Rivers joined a ready made team, loaded with talent. He replaced Drew Brees who was a solid player. Rivers also had an advantage of being able to sit and watch ala Tony Romo for a while.

When Young joined the Titans, they were one of the worst teams in the NFL. Tennessee still does not have one of the most talented rosters in the league, and most of the talent they do have is inexperienced. Like i said, it's different situations for those two QBs.

You missed the point. Young can play like crap, and if they get the win, sometimes in spite of him, all you hear is well Young just wins games.

Rivers can have an off game, and all we hear is that guy isn't very good, the Chargers won despite Rivers, yet his record is superior to Young's.

Young gets all the apologists like you out in force, while Rivers doesn't have that luxury despite outperforming Young on every level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2007, 05:01 PM   #36
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You missed the point. Young can play like crap, and if they get the win, sometimes in spite of him, all you hear is well Young just wins games.

Rivers can have an off game, and all we hear is that guy isn't very good, the Chargers won despite Rivers, yet his record is superior to Young's.

Young gets all the apologists like you out in force, while Rivers doesn't have that luxury despite outperforming Young on every level.
i dont see how it's "all you hear". I havent heard really anyone saying that he's had a good year this year. His team has had a good year and you hear positive things from Fisher and his teammates but overall the sentiment is that Young has struggled this season.

but like i said, it's two different situations.

1. Rivers followed Drew Brees. The team forced Brees out to make room for Rivers and Brees proceeded to play like the best QB in the game last year for the Saints, while the play from the QB position somewhat regressed for the Chargers. That is where a lot of that often negative sentiment comes from imo (btw, you were stating the same anti-Rivers stuff on this board...I seem to remember you being critical of AJ Smith for forcing Brees out)

2. Rivers has been in the league longer than Young

3. Rivers joined a ready made, loaded team. His team is one of the most talented in the NFL. The Titans were one of the worst teams in the league before Young arrived, and they are still not one of the most talented in the league. He doesnt have a Gates or LT.

Last edited by ZB9; 12-31-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:33 PM   #37
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
i dont see how it's "all you hear". I havent heard really anyone saying that he's had a good year this year. His team has had a good year and you hear positive things from Fisher and his teammates but overall the sentiment is that Young has struggled this season.

but like i said, it's two different situations.

1. Rivers followed Drew Brees. The team forced Brees out to make room for Rivers and Brees proceeded to play like the best QB in the game last year for the Saints, while the play from the QB position somewhat regressed for the Chargers. That is where a lot of that often negative sentiment comes from imo (btw, you were stating the same anti-Rivers stuff on this board...I seem to remember you being critical of AJ Smith for forcing Brees out)

2. Rivers has been in the league longer than Young

3. Rivers joined a ready made, loaded team. His team is one of the most talented in the NFL. The Titans were one of the worst teams in the league before Young arrived, and they are still not one of the most talented in the league. He doesnt have a Gates or LT.
You are an excellent Young apologist. He hasn't played well, but it's because of his teammates, or his Offensive Coord. It's not because he misses the target with the ball or makes bad decisions.

You're right, I'd still rather have Brees. I do fault AJ for that bonhead move. I just find it funny, people like you and the media always point to VY's record, not the fact he was an interception machine, and say he just wins games. With Rivers despite the fact he's outplayed Young, he's won more games in the same period of time as Young, doesn't get the same treatment.

Like you always say, it's all about the hype I guess. Young gets the hype. One day maybe he'll live up to it.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:53 PM   #38
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You are an excellent Young apologist. He hasn't played well, but it's because of his teammates, or his Offensive Coord. It's not because he misses the target with the ball or makes bad decisions.

You're right, I'd still rather have Brees. I do fault AJ for that bonhead move. I just find it funny, people like you and the media always point to VY's record, not the fact he was an interception machine, and say he just wins games. With Rivers despite the fact he's outplayed Young, he's won more games in the same period of time as Young, doesn't get the same treatment.

Like you always say, it's all about the hype I guess. Young gets the hype. One day maybe he'll live up to it.

pretty much i am done defending or apoligizing for VY myself. I am not going to throw him under the bus just yet. last night did push me over the line though. backs against the wall and VY is watching from the sidelines limping and pouting. I think lst year VY played with alot more confidence. albeit ignorant confidence, it was there and it brought up the teams level of play. this year, although hes not as bad as his stats say, he seems to be taking away from the team more than helping it. as a fan, watching vy his attitude and body language nearly takes me out of the game. im so sick of watching this guy throw his helmet, pout, and basically have a serious attitude problem and then have people running around talking about "hes a competator, he wants to win" whatever. who in the NFL isnt? I look at this guy with a C on his chest and I shake my head cause he is a kid, and he has alot to learn about leadership.

he also hits some type of coniption I have or something every time he pats the other team on their helmets after every play. its like stfu and go take care of your guys and start thinking about the next play. its like he is trying to show some type of good sportsmanship but I think its all fake. he is running around tryin to change everyones opinion of him and he has begun to lose his identity. he dont want to run, he wants to be friends with the other team. I mean lemme see some "steve Mcnair toughness" lemme see some anger towards the other team.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #39
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
pretty much i am done defending or apoligizing for VY myself. I am not going to throw him under the bus just yet. last night did push me over the line though. backs against the wall and VY is watching from the sidelines limping and pouting. I think lst year VY played with alot more confidence. albeit ignorant confidence, it was there and it brought up the teams level of play. this year, although hes not as bad as his stats say, he seems to be taking away from the team more than helping it. as a fan, watching vy his attitude and body language nearly takes me out of the game. im so sick of watching this guy throw his helmet, pout, and basically have a serious attitude problem and then have people running around talking about "hes a competator, he wants to win" whatever. who in the NFL isnt? I look at this guy with a C on his chest and I shake my head cause he is a kid, and he has alot to learn about leadership.

he also hits some type of coniption I have or something every time he pats the other team on their helmets after every play. its like stfu and go take care of your guys and start thinking about the next play. its like he is trying to show some type of good sportsmanship but I think its all fake. he is running around tryin to change everyones opinion of him and he has begun to lose his identity. he dont want to run, he wants to be friends with the other team. I mean lemme see some "steve Mcnair toughness" lemme see some anger towards the other team.
the guy screws up his quad on a key 3rd down conversion and you say he's "limping and pouting" on the sideline? His freaking quad was screwed up. Have you ever played sports?

You need to stop listening to ignorant sideline reporters. I dont know why she brought up his "maturity" issues at that time. He had just been injured and shes talking about maturity. I agree, it's an issue with him, but it was pretty ignorant for her to bring up at that point in the game considering it had nothing to do with the injury. Madden and Michaels had a problem with her timing as well.

I cant say that i understand where you are coming from. Young has been playing on a messed up quad for most of the season and you are going to question his toughness? That doesnt make sense.

Last edited by ZB9; 12-31-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:39 PM   #40
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
I cant say that i understand where you are coming from. Young has been playing on a messed up quad for most of the season and you are going to question his toughness? That doesnt make sense.
So you're making excuses for your Texas guy because he's injured but if other teams (regardless of sport) have other players that are hurt, then excuses aren't valid?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »