Home

AFC Wildcard Game: Titans at Chargers

This is a discussion on AFC Wildcard Game: Titans at Chargers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who will win?
Titans 23 23.47%
Chargers 75 76.53%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #49
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: AFC Wildcard Game: Titans at Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
in Sunday's night game, he was very sharp until the injury.

his injury is what put you over the edge?

Jeff Fisher - “Vince was able to come back in if we needed him. Kerry was managing the game well, so we decided not to push it any further and risk it. We’re evaluating him, but I’m confident he’ll be back to work this week.”

Vince Young - "I always go with the guy who knows their job and was told to take care of it and rest it.”

the coaches made the decision not to put him back in. He kept his uniform on in case Kerry Collins faltered or was injured. Young was doing what the coaches and what the professional trainers told him to do. It really doesnt make sense for you to criticize Young for "limping on the sideline" or for "riding the bike".

People get injured in football. It doesnt happen to YOung very much, but when it does its kinda important to 1. diagnose what the injury is and make sure its not a tear and 2. Make sure you maximize the recovery on the sideline by whatever means including going to the locker room to get a shot (check) or riding a bike on the sideline to keep it loose (check).

as far as not getting in Fisher's face to get back in...i imagine you would be adding that to the maturity issues if he would have done that.

i dont understand where you are coming from at all.

Young has been playing on a messed up quad most of the year, but you havent heard one excuse from either Young or Fisher about the injury. They havent used it as an excuse ONCE. Neither one of them like to talk about it when asked about it.

and how do you know he is "acting" injured? In the game of football, people get banged up and sometimes it is necessary to "get yourself together", and check your inventory. Have you ever played the sport? It doesnt seem so.

The guy has been taking the needle so he can play with the injury and you are going to criticize? That is BS

if that is the case then you should have been glad he was on the sideline and that Collins was in the game. Perhaps you want Collins to start in the playoff game?

your are right about the maturity issues. I was saying the same thing early in the year after the first Indy game. However, he has gotten a lot better since then. You havent seen him throw his helmet or any of that BS really since that game.

and his press conferences have gotten a lot less combative. Fisher did get to him and talk to him about it. However, when asked about Young's reaction to losses Fisher always says that he has no problem with that. His quote was "I dont like losses either, i just know how to handle them better. Ive been in the league a lot longer than him"

i feel where your coming from, pretty much man Im just a bit anti vince young right now. like I said, im a fan of his and im just upset at his play. i know he has the skills and talent to bring the trophy to nashville. right now though im not getting that "bigger than life" feel from him as I did last year and in college. hes not doing the things that made me happy we drafted him. I have defended him non stop since the draft, now im just kind of feeling a little blah about him. pretty much id find a way to angle anything anyone says to negative so its pointless for us to continue back and forth as Im not looking to see the big picture. ive got my fan goggles on and am a little disturbed about our qb's season and attitude. I feel everything you are saying ZB, just right now I'm upset and dont want to hear anything positive. lol.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
Jeff Fisher - “Vince was able to come back in if we needed him. Kerry was managing the game well, so we decided not to push it any further and risk it. We’re evaluating him, but I’m confident he’ll be back to work this week.”

Vince Young - "I always go with the guy who knows their job and was told to take care of it and rest it.”

the coaches made the decision not to put him back in. He kept his uniform on in case Kerry Collins faltered or was injured. Young was doing what the coaches and what the professional trainers told him to do. It really doesnt make sense for you to criticize Young for "limping on the sideline" or for "riding the bike".

Read between the lines for that quote from Fisher. In a game you had to win, your starting QB got hurt and you stuck with the backup the rest of the game even though the starter could play. Does Manning or Brady, or basically any other starter, get benched in a game you have to win after getting hurt, but being cleared to comeback and play? No, they get back out there or they hound the coach to get back out there.

If Fisher has more confidence in Collins late in a must win game, that tells you what he thinks of VY and what type of QB he is.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #51
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Read between the lines for that quote from Fisher. In a game you had to win, your starting QB got hurt and you stuck with the backup the rest of the game even though the starter could play. Does Manning or Brady, or basically any other starter, get benched in a game you have to win after getting hurt, but being cleared to comeback and play? No, they get back out there or they hound the coach to get back out there.

If Fisher has more confidence in Collins late in a must win game, that tells you what he thinks of VY and what type of QB he is.
1. Young is a second year player. Collins is a 14 yr veteran.

2. They have plenty of confidence in Kerry Collins in that situation, especially when the Colts backups went in at that time. Collins is a very solid quarterback. Young was injured and not 100 percent so i doubt they would take a chance with him at much less than 100 percent when the veteran was doing fine. That is the reason why they signed Collins and gave him a decent contract in the first place. Young kept his uniform on and was riding the bike staying loose just in case Collins faltered.

3. There isnt any "reading between the lines" if you know anything about the team. You havent seen many Titans games or read many of the quotes if you think they have more confidence in Collins than Young late in games. How many late drives and big plays has Young had? the answer is quite a few, and certainly more than Collins the last couple of seasons. How many snaps has Collins had?

The difference at that point in the game was that Collins was healthy, and Young was not. Before he went out Young was 14 of 18 and money on third downs. He was very sharp. Two fumbles by Tennessee running backs were the only reason why the Colts were in the game. Actually, Young has been sharp in all 4 of the games he has played against the Colts in his career. He has played well against that team.

Last edited by ZB9; 01-01-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #52
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
i feel where your coming from, pretty much man Im just a bit anti vince young right now. like I said, im a fan of his and im just upset at his play. i know he has the skills and talent to bring the trophy to nashville. right now though im not getting that "bigger than life" feel from him as I did last year and in college. hes not doing the things that made me happy we drafted him. I have defended him non stop since the draft, now im just kind of feeling a little blah about him. pretty much id find a way to angle anything anyone says to negative so its pointless for us to continue back and forth as Im not looking to see the big picture. ive got my fan goggles on and am a little disturbed about our qb's season and attitude. I feel everything you are saying ZB, just right now I'm upset and dont want to hear anything positive. lol.
lol ok i gotcha

the second year QB has struggled. That is to be expected at the position. He should certainly improve going forward. but fyi this very young Titans team is still in the playoffs man.

This team has come a long way from a couple of years ago when they were one of the worst in the league and they should do nothing but get better with the cap space that they have.Im sure you can find some positives about the season.

Last edited by ZB9; 01-01-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Even if VY is healthy, I would start Collins. He is a better passer and with him in there, SD would have to respect the run and the pass. With VY playing, you take the run away and tell VY to beat you.

SD should have the same problems though. Titans have a good rushing defense and if the guys aren't hurt from this week, they can shut LT down. They will tell Rivers to beat them and see if he has anything to say now.

THis should be a good game and if the injuries aren't a problem, then I give the edge to the Titans because of Fisher, he is a heck of a coach (although I hate him and the Titans).

I would love to see Collins start for the Titans. The guys is a statue and would go down at least 5 times with pressure SD brings.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #54
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Doesn't matter who plays QB. San Diego will win handily.

That's why you play Young. Get him all the experience possible.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #55
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
Doesn't matter who plays QB. San Diego will win handily.

That's why you play Young. Get him all the experience possible.

OK Im calling this out. Not going to happen. My bold prediction for this game is 27-17 Titans win. Im calling for them to get 2 offensive Td's and 1 TD 1 FG off turnovers. Regardless of whos is at QB. put it in the book
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2008, 04:01 PM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
OK Im calling this out. Not going to happen. My bold prediction for this game is 27-17 Titans win. Im calling for them to get 2 offensive Td's and 1 TD 1 FG off turnovers. Regardless of whos is at QB. put it in the book
Ok, it's in the book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »