Home

AFC Wildcard Game: Titans at Chargers

This is a discussion on AFC Wildcard Game: Titans at Chargers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who will win?
Titans 23 23.47%
Chargers 75 76.53%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #617
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: AFC Wildcard Game: Titans at Chargers

yeah for such a small market team with little press, the titans seem to ignite massive threads and arguments. ive never seen anything like it. i dont mind it since im a titans fan and i like the attention but geez, the game was like 4 days ago. lol.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #618
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

Renegade I think its because the Titans are a team that seems to like to get into fights which will get the emotions going both ways.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #619
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I have never heard anyone describe Phillip Rivers as anything but a Type A personality.
So he is Ryan Leaf all over again, but with actual Quarterbacking skills?
Old 01-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #620
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
There was no point to make. I just wanted to make sure I was understanding one of your points correctly....that: he's been calling more timeouts also (which is fine but it seems like he's pissed every time he does it, as if Rivers should've beaten him to it or something). ....and just how ludicrous it sounds.
You can't understand anything correctly if you can't even dissect it right. Like I said, you cut a piece out and then tried to comment on it... couldn't even do that. Anyone reading the entire quote could see that the emphasis was on his behavior when he did it rather than him doing it (especially since I said "which is fine") and would have added that to everything else discussed rather than highlighting it and then throwing a fit that someone said anything negative about a player you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Someone just need to talk LT and tell to chill out. He is the best back in the league and he should know the cameras are on him. LT pouted more this year than...TO.

Peace
Basically all I'm saying. Just like you could see the signs with Ray Lewis starting to noticeably "show more negative emotion", being the leader that has had a negative effect on others and I can see a similar thing happening in this case. That's all I was saying but some... well maybe one, can't handle any kind of criticism. I can't even lump BK in here. I can see what you're saying, BK. I"m just saying that it "appears" a bit different in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Not complaining just making an observation. When Chad Johnson argue with his qb it made the news but LT should get a pass. Why can't you admit that he made a poor decision and move on. Justifying wrong just encourage that type of behavior. If Junior, Harrison, or Edwards were there this wouldn't happen. One of those guys would have least reminded him that wasn't acceptable conduct.

I can admit when TO act the fool but LT get a pass. Funny.
Making observations is illegal. Either you're hating or loving, no in between. You know the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
With the Patriots game last year, you realize why he reacted the way he did, and it had nothing to do with losing.
That was different and I actually agreed with his actions there.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:29 AM   #621
Rookie

OVR: 3

ha, this thread sure has turned into quite a joke. I find it funny how people get sooo upset about players showing emotion and acting like they care about the outcome of the game on the sideline. So what if LT gets frusterated or emotional about what's happening in the game. I'd rather have a guy who's into the game and actually gives a damn than someone who's like oh whatever I'm making a lot of money to play.

And about the Patriot game a year ago it wasn't about being a sore loser. It was that even after the game was over when it was time to go shake hands a handful of Patriot players ran out to the center of the field on the logo and started to do the Lightsout dance. That's what made him upset and walk off the field. I know if I were him I would of done the same thing and just said F it and walked off.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »