Home

2008 Playoff Simulation

This is a discussion on 2008 Playoff Simulation within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2007, 04:24 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: 2008 Playoff Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by X*Cell
I knew someone was gonna pop in the thread and say this... and you know what... I can't blame you. Madden is funny like that I guess. I agree, as long as they get the winners right...

oh yeah... don't forget about it being rainy... it was like fumble-fest out there. I don't know where Madden got that logic from, but it's way too extreme.
I thought about just letting it go, but things like this get on my nerves when I see 56-20 between the Steelers and Jags no less. I can understand the Pats and someone else, It doesn't drive me crazy like the INT 2x glitch I just look at some of the box scores and simulated games and just wonder.

I like the game simulations though, they are usually pretty close sometimes.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:41 PM   #10
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223
I thought about just letting it go, but things like this get on my nerves when I see 56-20 between the Steelers and Jags no less. I can understand the Pats and someone else, It doesn't drive me crazy like the INT 2x glitch I just look at some of the box scores and simulated games and just wonder.

I like the game simulations though, they are usually pretty close sometimes.
no i completely agree with you dawg... it seems to be an EA thing though. I did a simulation of the Spurs vs. Raptors game a few nights ago (Spurs lost argggg)... I did one using my friend's NBA Live 08 and one using my NBA 2k8.

The Raptors and Spurs are both solid defensively... and the Raptors rarely get into the 100's, while the Spurs do on about 40% of the occasion. When these teams collide you usually get a low-scoring affair like we saw in real life (83-73) and here were the results...

Both teams predicted the wrong team to win... the Spurs (but you can't really fault them on that)... but here is a glimpse at the twistedness of EA Sports...

NBA 2k8 ...

Spurs - 88
Raptors - 79

NBA Live 08 ...

Spurs - 114 (and yeah, I had Ginobili out like in real life)
Raptors - 95

I'm not saying that couldn't happen... but it's obvious which company seems to be on the right track regarding simulations in single games...

Full seasons? 2k is pretty horrible too LOL
Old 01-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

New York Giants @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

24 - Giants
28 - Buccaneers

The Buccaneers pulled off a close one down in Tampa. Tom Coughlin's job has to be on the line because of the way his team seemed so undisciplined. The Giants compiled 74 yards worth of penalties, one of which brought back what would have been most likely the game winning touchdown. Throughout Coughlin's tenure, the Giants have always seemed to be able to come up with a bone head penalty at the wrong time.

Eli Manning continued his horrible slump, and finished with a horrible 39.1 QB rating. He tossed 0 TD passes and threw 3 INT's. He was only able to compile 181 yards too. On the other side of the ball, Jeff Garcia did what he does best; nothing flashy, but handle the ball and no mistakes. Garcia completed one TD pass and 1 INT, he only racked up 127 yard through the air however.

The running game, for both sides was working very well today. Earnest Graham carried the ball 24 times and racked up 117 yards ending with an average of 4.8 yards. Garcia also ran the ball 11 times and was able to rack up 36 yards on the ground, but many times he ran across the first down marker, which makes the 3.2 yards per carry even more important. Brandon Jacobs is a workhorse, and he showed it carrying the ball 21 times for 106 yards which is a 5.0 yard per carry, he didnt have to do it alone however, Ruben Droughns carried the ball 6 times and totaled 74 yards and took a 59 yarder to the house for a score.

Defensive wise, the game was very similar, many 8 man fronts, to try and stop the run, the big difference was the ability to intercept the football and tampa bay was able to do that.

This game is the end of a very crazy season in new york where they have been through many ups and downs, and inconsistent play of Eli Manning. It is possible that they may look for a new QB and head coach for next year. As for the Bucs, they will continue to ride Jeff Garcia, as many other teams have into their next game against the Cowboys.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »