Home

WHy would a team want to win if your out of the playoffs?

This is a discussion on WHy would a team want to win if your out of the playoffs? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2008, 12:52 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: WHy would a team want to win if your out of the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust247
**cough** Tom Brady **cough**
Who's Tom Brady?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2008, 12:52 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
If you have good enough scouting, you can draft a stud wherever pick you have in the draft.
Perhaps youre not aware that Denver doesnt have a great draft history but picking at 9, no doubt, would have helped their chances.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:54 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust247
**cough** Tom Brady **cough**

(You guessed it, another thread that involves the Patriots)
Go ahead and list all 6th round picks over the past 10 years and see how many Tom Bradys are in there.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

If you want fans to spend the ridiculous amounts of money for season tickets and all the other crap, you better try to win every game.

I know after I spend my 2 grand for a couple of seats, I don't want to go watch that team tank a bunch of games on purpose.

Not to mention, if you are any sort of competetive athlete at all, you always play to win.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #29
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
I know this is going to sound cliche, but have you ever played competitive sports?
It's fitting though. Even though it's cliche. I can't see anyone who's played competitive sports at even a reasonably high level, thinking this is a good idea.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:19 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I can't see anyone who's played competitive sports at even a reasonably high level, thinking this is a good idea.
From a personal point of view, I can't see anyone thinking this is a good idea to anyone who's played competitive sports period. Even when I was around 8 I wanted to kick major *** in soccer and football.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:30 AM   #31
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm a Denver fan and I wanted to win the game. I wanted to make sure that MIN didnt get in. And the week before I wanted to beat SD and hurt their seed in the playoffs. But only got 1 out of 2.

Plus like someone else said Denver is terrible at drafting.

Look at their drafts since Shanahan has been there.

95: TD and that was it, in the 6th round I might add
96: John Mobley good pick but the rest of the draft was poor
97: Trevor Pryce and Dan Neil but only had 3 picks and there are 2, good value though
98: Marcus Nash=BUST in the 1st. Did get Trey Teague and that was good value in the 6th. Also Greise was taken in the 3rd and he wasnt terrible in DEN
99: Al Wilson, so a good 1st round pick but the rest of these guys really never saw the much PT. Olandis Gary taken but I would not consider him a good pick because anyone could run in Denver
00: Decent draft with Ian Gold, Kennoy Kennedy, Cooper Carlisle, and Mike Anderson. But Deltha O'Neal was the 1st round pick and hell he played WR his last game in DEN
01: Ben Hamilton and Reggie Hayward. But Willie Middlebrooks was trash
02: Clinton Portis in the 2nd. Pretty solid deeper in the picks but the 1st and 3rd round were wasted on Lelie and Dorsett Davis
03: Probably the worst draft while Shanahan has been at DEN. Nobody in that thing
04: D.J. Williams that is nice, as long as he is not at MLB. But the rest was decent some contributers in there. But again 2nd and 3rd round guys gone. I thought they gave up on Darius Watts too quick.
05: Except for 3rd round pick on Clarett, it was a solid draft. Too bad Darrent Williams has passed because he was the 2nd round guy
06: Best draft with Cutler, Sheffler, Marshall, Dumervil, and Kuper.
07: Like the picks but these guys have character issues but this is too early to tell

Let me pick the players Shanahan anybody but him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #32
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Wow, I can't believe people still entertain this thought. First of all, nothing is guaranteed in the draft. As stated before, look at ARI & DET. Just because you have a high draft choice doesn't guarantee you a great player. Secondly, there is another way to build a team, through free agency. So what free agent is going to want to come to your team if you're losing games on purpose? It may not sound like much but most FA's would rather go to a 6-10 team than a 4-12 team. Now third, and this is the big one, most of these guys are playing for jobs. IF you team is not good, most of the players are not very good. Many of them will be cut. This is thier chance to earn a spot on the team or on another team. They're all on tape, and other teams are watching. If I'm the backup LB fighting for a spot, you want me out there in Dime while they run wild? Why so I can watch next season on my couch. There are so many other factors that go into the situation that we could be here all day. The bottom line is, it won't happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »