Home

oakland raiders have eye on berrian

This is a discussion on oakland raiders have eye on berrian within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #25
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: oakland raiders have eye on berrian

In regards to the first post - why protect for russel when mcowan is better?
i don't get how russel has earned a starter spot atall.

I'm most impressed w/ the running of Justin Fargas this year, he finally got a chance and proved that he's pretty much top ten rb this year.

The oline isn't horrible or fargas wouldn't have performed so well, so I disagree there, and I also think the overall record is deceptive since they're much better than last year.

I do think they need better recievers though, and a bit of work on run D and they'll be above 500.

Keep Mcowan, and Fargas as starters!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
In regards to the first post - why protect for russel when mcowan is better?
i don't get how russel has earned a starter spot atall.

I'm most impressed w/ the running of Justin Fargas this year, he finally got a chance and proved that he's pretty much top ten rb this year.

The oline isn't horrible or fargas wouldn't have performed so well, so I disagree there, and I also think the overall record is deceptive since they're much better than last year.

I do think they need better recievers though, and a bit of work on run D and they'll be above 500.

Keep Mcowan, and Fargas as starters!
Its mcCown, as for you saying the o-line has been good? its only been good for run blocking because of lane's zone blocking scheme, raiders had 2 of the most people penalized last year i believe in gallery and mr. sims. You dont pay someone 30 million to sit on the bench especially when you telling me a person should be a starter that didnt do well in arizona and in detriot, what makes you think he can be a succesful starter with the raiders? Fargas is a good rb but i still wouldnt wanna give him major money, rhodes even showed the last 2 games of the season he got over 100 yards and was very effective. Russell also showed his last game of the season that he is improving i am very excited to see him this upcoming years with a revamped wr core
Old 01-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
A team willing to pay Berrian #1 WR money is crazy. But to each his own. Just hope the Bears aren't crazy enough to do it.
i acculy saw berrian improve a lot this year into more of a steady consistant wr. raiders should go after him or bryant johnson and andre davis(who i think they can get cheap and maybe even better then both, look at his numbers when andre johnson was out)
Old 01-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #28
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaFalconFan
Its mcCown, as for you saying the o-line has been good? its only been good for run blocking because of lane's zone blocking scheme, raiders had 2 of the most people penalized last year i believe in gallery and mr. sims. You dont pay someone 30 million to sit on the bench especially when you telling me a person should be a starter that didnt do well in arizona and in detriot, what makes you think he can be a succesful starter with the raiders? Fargas is a good rb but i still wouldnt wanna give him major money, rhodes even showed the last 2 games of the season he got over 100 yards and was very effective. Russell also showed his last game of the season that he is improving i am very excited to see him this upcoming years with a revamped wr core
Just because McCown didn't shine on previous teams doesn't mean he can't do well w/ the raiders. Dante did great w/ other teams but wasn't special in Oakland. Russell's stat's earn him starter? I don't care what you pay some one, you play to win.

Also, Fargas demonstrated that he is a good starter in the NFL. Time for the respect to come in for him, he gets none. He is the best they've got so they better use him;

Passing Statistics
Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Josh McCown 190111115158.46.1105.3115.846149269.4
Daunte Culpepper 186108133158.17.252.752.7592113078.0
JaMarcus Russell 663637354.55.723.046.13264055.9
Andrew Walter 853862.54.800.000.0190074.0
Ronald Curry 1000.00.000.000.000039.6

Rushing Statistics
Player Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Justin Fargas 22210094.5484
LaMont Jordan 1445493.8333
Dominic Rhodes 753024.0251
Old 01-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Just because McCown didn't shine on previous teams doesn't mean he can't do well w/ the raiders. Dante did great w/ other teams but wasn't special in Oakland. Russell's stat's earn him starter? I don't care what you pay some one, you play to win.

Also, Fargas demonstrated that he is a good starter in the NFL. Time for the respect to come in for him, he gets none. He is the best they've got so they better use him;

Passing Statistics
Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Josh McCown 190111115158.46.1105.3115.846149269.4
Daunte Culpepper 186108133158.17.252.752.7592113078.0
JaMarcus Russell 663637354.55.723.046.13264055.9
Andrew Walter 853862.54.800.000.0190074.0
Ronald Curry 1000.00.000.000.000039.6

Rushing Statistics
Player Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Justin Fargas 22210094.5484
LaMont Jordan 1445493.8333
Dominic Rhodes 753024.0251

How do those stats even prove that mccown is better then russell? those arent good stats for a vet qb. that proves right there that russell should be given a chance. Fargas is good but raiders shouldnt break the bank for him to stay. Also pepper will never be the same after his acl injury thats why he has fallen off.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #30
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaFalconFan
How do those stats even prove that mccown is better then russell? those arent good stats for a vet qb. that proves right there that russell should be given a chance. Fargas is good but raiders shouldnt break the bank for him to stay. Also pepper will never be the same after his acl injury thats why he has fallen off.
What about Walter..what happened to him? I thought he had potential too.

I didn't know Fargas was a free agent. I like the raiders, but I'm not 'on top' of everything or know about their daily operations. He's been patient for a long time and only has really been given a chance this year and has earned it imo. Plus I'm not sure where else he could go and fit in...jets? steelers to even out the load?

Anyway it just seems that you're expecting Russell to be great, and he may not turn out to be all that. they have a work to do for that passing game including recievers and qb. once they have that, they will actually be good. I think their record is worse than they are for sure.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Lane Kiffin has already stated that Russell will be the starter next season. That being said, i think Berrian would help our team out alot, espiecally when we don't know if Porter is even going to get a new contract.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #32
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

McCown is mediocre at best. I wouldn't mind keeping him around as a backup that's been in the system and had some experience though. Russell is supposed to be the QB of the future, so play him and see what you got. It's not worth keeping him on the bench when your alternatives are Pep and McCown.

Fargas is nowhere near a top 10 RB, so they better not pay him like one. I'd like to see them keep him at a reasonable price, but let some other fools over pay for him. They already gave Jordan a ridiculous contract for a good not great RB, no need to repeat the same mistake. Hopefully Bush will pan out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »