Home

NFC Championship Game: Giants @ Packers

This is a discussion on NFC Championship Game: Giants @ Packers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #49
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: NFC Championship Game: Giants @ Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentousceltic
I've been asking the same thing for the past 5 years
Same here.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:42 AM   #50

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

I said this in the super bowl thread, I'll say it again. I'd rather see the Chargers in the Super Bowl (and it's not because of the Brady/Moss blah blah blah...)

Moss is nothing new to the Pack, we have as much experience playing him as anyone else in this league. The real person who scares me on New England? Wes Welker. Aside from Harris/Woodson we have nobody in the secondary that can shut down a receiver or tight end. I'm not sure how the Pack will game plan for that. Looking down the road, if we manage to beat the G-Men - Bigby better come ready to play like he did against the 'Hawks. If he plays like he did during the regular season making bonehead mistaked, the Patriots are too good of a team to not capitalize on that. With that being said, the Pats have been looking more and more human as the season draws nearer to a close (which is to be expected.) Plus last time we had them in the Ship, weren't we underdogs as well?

On the Giants game. Tauscher did a great job of shutting down Kerney, and the OL looked pretty good. I'm expecting a hard fought game, and I have no ill will towards the Giants. Of course being a Packer fan means this week I hate them with all my might, and hope they lay the biggest duck of their life during the game. They impressed me with what I saw (especially since our regular season game this year), and will say that it could be a close game. I don't see the Giants in a blowout... We're just too well-rounded for that. If I had to go out on a limb, I'd say Favre turns in a great performance at Lambeau and the Pack take this one 35-17 in a game that is much closer than the score would indicate.

Good luck to the G-Men... 1265 Lombardi Ave will be hoppin', and ready for anything Eli comes up with.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:51 AM   #51
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Being a Giants fan, I am obviously on cloud 9 right now and I can't wait for the rematch against the Pack. The only thing that scares me is Eli in cold weather. The early forecast is calling for teens or possible single digits. The game may actually come down to the running game because of the weather and if you ask me that is a toss up. Favre definitely has the advantage over Eli but I really like the Jacobs/Bradshaw combo.

That being said, the Giants are on a roll right now and they are capable of beating any team. That includes the Packers and the Patriots!

Since the Packers are in the Giants way to the Super Bowl they are enemy number one, but I must admit, if they have to lose to any team in the NFC I wouldn't be too upset because it would be nice to see Favre retire on top. If the Giants lose I will root hard for Favre, but for this week I hope we see the Favre of last season. 3 INT's from Brett would be a nice belated Christmas gift
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2008, 06:54 AM   #52

ubernoob's Arena

All this talk I've heard is that the Giants are on a roll... Well the Packers are too, lest we not all forget. They basically crapped themselves at the Bears game (bad wind, not good for throwing, negating Pack Attack) but since then they have steamrolled the Lions (woohoo) and the Birds.

No ill will towards the giants, but the more i think the more I can't see them winning.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:09 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
All this talk I've heard is that the Giants are on a roll... Well the Packers are too, lest we not all forget. They basically crapped themselves at the Bears game (bad wind, not good for throwing, negating Pack Attack) but since then they have steamrolled the Lions (woohoo) and the Birds.

No ill will towards the giants, but the more i think the more I can't see them winning.

Good.....I hope the media and all Packer fans think like you.....Go ask the Cowboy fans what they felt about this game before

Also....The Giants are not the Seahawks...Who stink on the road and have no run game.....

But what do I know... The Packers and their fans have already booked their super bowl tickets....
Old 01-14-2008, 07:12 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Burns
All I asked this year for the Giants is for them to finally catch the breaks. I hope it continues to Lambeau Field. Everybody was looking past NY this week, you guys are the reason why this team is having so much success. Nobody predicted this NYG to be this good, but this man is the reason. Steve is making our defense look 10x more talented than it actually is. I LOVE IT!
Please save the Giants' DC - Steve Spagnuolo.

Tell me that this is a joke.... The Giants have the best front line in football and have a solid players in the secondary...They were banged up yesterday in the secondary but they have Ross, Madison, Wilson, Johnson, Butler

They are not All Pro players but they are far from the worst and our pass rush is the best in football... You dont do that with no talent....

Tuck, Osi, Strahan, Robbins, Pierce are all very good players....
Old 01-14-2008, 07:33 AM   #55
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Cold weather is overrated, have you been to giants stadium in november/december? The wind there freezes your ears off. Not to mention Vick and the Atlanta Falcons won a playoff game in Green Bay. A team that plays in a Dome in Atlanta.

Giants will not be effected by the weather. Plus in a game against the Bears in which the Packers lost Farve was complaining about the weather and how cold it was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2008, 07:41 AM   #56

ubernoob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Giants will not be effected by the weather. Plus in a game against the Bears in which the Packers lost Farve was complaining about the weather and how cold it was.
He never complained about the cold. The wind was nasty that day, and he said it was the worst conditions he's ever played in. Nothing as far as I can remember about the cold. By the way NJPapi, if it makes your feelings any less hurt - I did pick the Pack and the Giants in the NFCCG. I'm just glad we don't have a joke of a secondary, and a big DLine to bring the heat to Eli/Jacobs/Bradshaw.

Last edited by ubernoob; 01-14-2008 at 07:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »