Home

Rivers to have Surgery.

This is a discussion on Rivers to have Surgery. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Rivers to have Surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
LT said a 100% Sproles and Turner was better than a 50% LT.

You have no idea what Brown, or Allen or Smith would have done, since none of them ever tried to play with an MCL sprain.

I have an MCL sprain right now, I've been rehabbig for 3 weeks, I don't think people realize how painful it is. If you can't go and contribute you can't contribute. It was painfully obvious to anyone actually watching the game, he wasn't able to play. Why this is even a question I have no idea.

What is he going to say? I am ok but dont want to risk my carrer for one game... Of course he was going to say that he was just 50% but if that was the case he would have known this before the game and stayed in San Diego since it was to cold for him to remove his butt from the bench and be supportive of his team....

So all week in practice he said he was good to go and he could not figure it out during a week of practice that he was useless for the game

when your tight end and qb played through tough injuries and specially your qb who showed guts... 2 bad knees BK.... 2 bad knees and got scopped this week just to play in this game for his team...
Old 01-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #58
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
LT said a 100% Sproles and Turner was better than a 50% LT.

You have no idea what Brown, or Allen or Smith would have done, since none of them ever tried to play with an MCL sprain.

I have an MCL sprain right now, I've been rehabbig for 3 weeks, I don't think people realize how painful it is. If you can't go and contribute you can't contribute. It was painfully obvious to anyone actually watching the game, he wasn't able to play. Why this is even a question I have no idea.
Again...Rivers had a ACL tear and played...Given he wouldn't need to be running like LT, but what equates to a worse injury...

A QB playing w/ an ACL tear or a RB playing w/ an MCL sprain?

Donovan McNabb in 2003 I think it was played w/ a broken ankle...They were one game away from the Superbowl...heck an INT away from the Superbowl against STL and he was out there playing w/ a broken ankle.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #59
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

I just don't understand why people are bashing LT when the Chargers had 2 more than capable guys backing him up. A healthy RB is going to be better than an injured one most of the time. Especially when the healthy one is somebody who runs as well as Michael Turner.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #60
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Are people here serious? I thought it was just some agenda driven posts but it seems like people really believe this stuff.

Despite all of the seemingly very obvious things mentioned, how can you not realize that playing QB is very different than playing RB. What Rivers did is very admirable but his only real danger was getting hit and falling the wrong way if the line didn't hold up. A RB gets hit every time they touch the ball and their job is to make moves to NOT get hit, not throw the ball. Most would consider it unselfish also, giving the other RBs on the team props that everyone outside of the team has already stated they deserve.

How do you have a RB decoy for a team who's offense is focused on the run? Not to mention he'd still be expected to block for his gimpy QB.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Again...Rivers had a ACL tear and played...Given he wouldn't need to be running like LT, but what equates to a worse injury...

Donovan McNabb in 2003 I think it was played w/ a broken ankle...They were one game away from the Superbowl...heck an INT away from the Superbowl against STL and he was out there playing w/ a broken ankle.
You are comparing apples to oranges. Playing QB with an injury below the waist and playing RB are two completely different instances. Not many RB's play with knee injuries like that. And again, if you watched the game, you could tell, he couldn't play. If you are going to hurt the team by playing, then why play? Not to mention it was a coaches decision to boot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #62
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyPapi1977
What is he going to say? I am ok but dont want to risk my carrer for one game... Of course he was going to say that he was just 50% but if that was the case he would have known this before the game and stayed in San Diego since it was to cold for him to remove his butt from the bench and be supportive of his team....

So all week in practice he said he was good to go and he could not figure it out during a week of practice that he was useless for the game

when your tight end and qb played through tough injuries and specially your qb who showed guts... 2 bad knees BK.... 2 bad knees and got scopped this week just to play in this game for his team...
Sorry for criticizing. Before you didn't mention that you were at the Bolts practices all week and saw LT cutting and juking like everything was normal. You should've said that before. I was thinking that you just heard that he practiced and went on a long tangent based on assumptions supporting a crazy argument.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
You are comparing apples to oranges. Playing QB with an injury below the waist and playing RB are two completely different instances. Not many RB's play with knee injuries like that. And again, if you watched the game, you could tell, he couldn't play. If you are going to hurt the team by playing, then why play? Not to mention it was a coaches decision to boot.

I agree with you there... but if he practiced all week he should have known that his knee was not good to go... he should have stayed in San Diego because he served the team no purpose in the game on the field or on the sidelines....
Old 01-22-2008, 01:38 PM   #64
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3

Meanwhile if a QB breaks a finger on his throwing hand or has a shoulder injury to his throwing arm they wouldn't play despite neither of those injuries being as bad as one to the ACL or MCL. This really isn't hard to comprehend... not trying to be insulting, just baffled that this isn't common sense to a lot of people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »