Home

As a Giants fan(How would you view this season after the Bowl)

This is a discussion on As a Giants fan(How would you view this season after the Bowl) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: As a Giants fan(How would you view this season after the Bowl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
So basically, you're saying anything but the SuperBowl is a disappointment. Sorry, but everyone isn't going to live in that world. I agree about how hard it is to get there, and I don't think the division is as bad as some think. The Redskins have nice pieces, and are just two steps away from a great season if they make the right moves. The Cowboys had a great season, and their only danger is can they get good enough before TO starts to decline? The Eagles...alright, they look done for now, but point is there are no guarantees, and I get that.

All the same, disappointment is only relative to an expected outcome. By that definition, it's hard to find that Giants fans would be disappointed.

In football I dont believe in building blocks because you dont really stay consitent in football

All other sports you do... But in football when you get a shot like this then you gotta win it... I will be crushed if we lose because it will be yet another super bowl lost

If football was like baseball or basketball then we can say wow we got somethig special brewing... but in football is what you can do for me now....

I am happy for the season... because my prediction came right.. 10-6

i dont listen to pre season media predictions because they dont know the team like a fan does

We have talent before the season and just because we fell down hard last year in the second half does not mean we did not have talent

I said we would be 10-6 and playoff bound but I did not think for a second we would be in the superbowl'

but with suceess comes higher expectations... The season was what I thought it would be but now I am just blown away with what has happened

I am a season ticket holder and know how bad we have been for a long time...

We lost in the superbowl in 2000 and that was hard to take... it took 8 years to get back to the big game... all I am saying that how long will it take to get there again if we dont win it all

I am extremely happy with the season... but this team underachieve with the talent it has.... I think their talent is peeking now and it is showing... but it does not mean that if we lose we always have next year because that is not the case in football
Old 01-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #18
D*d*c*t*d M*t f*n

Metman24's Arena

OVR: 7

To tell you the truth, you sound like a Yankee fan. Every year, the fans of 31 teams are going to be disappointed. Whether anyone expected the team to be in the big game or not, onec they're there, you want to see them win. Next year, the next ten years have nothing to do with anything. The Patriots, as a franchise, have had an awesome run. Win or lose, there's a ton for them to be happy about. I can at least understand their thought that if they don't win the Superrbowl, the years been a waste. To go 18 and 0, and not win the Superbowl, would be a monumental letdown.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #19
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

In the words of Denny Green...

"You wanna crown their asses, then crown their asses"...

C'mon...someone was on here saying that the Giants will be competitive for the next 10 yrs...? And will take the division by storm. What? They got to the Superbowl...yes, Eli's playing good football...Right Now...But all of a sudden he is gonna sustain his play like he has over the last 4 playoff games for the next 5-10 seasons?

I don't buy it. As an Eagles fan for the 2nd time in my life I will be rooting for the Giants...(1st was against the Ravens...I hate'em). But again they will be dominated. The Giants will have faced arguably the best defense in NFL history in the Superbowl and lost, and the best offense in NFL history and probably lose too.

To think that the Eagles, Cowboys, or Redskins will not be as good or better than the Giants down the road is absurd.

As soo as any NY team starts to see success then they come out of the woodworks and start proclaiming _____ team to be the greatest or something to that effect.

Live in the moment Giants fans...Cherish it while you can. But don't think that since you made it to the Superbowl this yr that all of a sudden you are going to become the dominant force in the NFC East.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metman24
To tell you the truth, you sound like a Yankee fan. Every year, the fans of 31 teams are going to be disappointed. Whether anyone expected the team to be in the big game or not, onec they're there, you want to see them win. Next year, the next ten years have nothing to do with anything. The Patriots, as a franchise, have had an awesome run. Win or lose, there's a ton for them to be happy about. I can at least understand their thought that if they don't win the Superrbowl, the years been a waste. To go 18 and 0, and not win the Superbowl, would be a monumental letdown.

Of couser it would... But I am talking about the Giants perspective with their fans.... Football is a hard sport to say we will win it next year if we lose this year...
Old 01-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
In the words of Denny Green...

"You wanna crown their asses, then crown their asses"...

C'mon...someone was on here saying that the Giants will be competitive for the next 10 yrs...? And will take the division by storm. What? They got to the Superbowl...yes, Eli's playing good football...Right Now...But all of a sudden he is gonna sustain his play like he has over the last 4 playoff games for the next 5-10 seasons?

I don't buy it. As an Eagles fan for the 2nd time in my life I will be rooting for the Giants...(1st was against the Ravens...I hate'em). But again they will be dominated. The Giants will have faced arguably the best defense in NFL history in the Superbowl and lost, and the best offense in NFL history and probably lose too.

To think that the Eagles, Cowboys, or Redskins will not be as good or better than the Giants down the road is absurd.

As soo as any NY team starts to see success then they come out of the woodworks and start proclaiming _____ team to be the greatest or something to that effect.

Live in the moment Giants fans...Cherish it while you can. But don't think that since you made it to the Superbowl this yr that all of a sudden you are going to become the dominant force in the NFC East.

What? Who said all these things you are talking about...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 28

Man just enjoy it while it lasts. The Giants have extended our football viewing pleasure as far as any team can and that's going to the superbowl. That alone has already made me happy. Unlike every other team in the league we STILL get to see our team play some football in a little over a week from now. A great season for me is getting to see my team play every ounce of football that can possibly be played. So that means getting in the playoffs and as deep as they can.

Getting to the superbowl is like having sex with a model. Winning it is like having her open the closet door and her twin sister walks out and wants to get down too. How can you complain?

So relax, sit back and get your ready.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

A thread full or Yorkers, i love it!

I feel like im back at the barbershop in queens...

theres the logical ones

the no-matter-what-the-Giants-suck-but-im-still-a-fan ones

and the die hards

I love it
Old 01-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #24
D*d*c*t*d M*t f*n

Metman24's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyPapi1977
Of couser it would... But I am talking about the Giants perspective with their fans.... Football is a hard sport to say we will win it next year if we lose this year...
That's why you have to just enjoy the ride. The opportunity doesn't come around often. Ask a Jet fan how much they'd love to be in a Giants fan's position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »