Home

As a Giants fan(How would you view this season after the Bowl)

This is a discussion on As a Giants fan(How would you view this season after the Bowl) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: As a Giants fan(How would you view this season after the Bowl)

lol, it does feel like being back in the Bronx and everybody getting their point across. Didn't even think about it like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2008, 02:49 PM   #26
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Live in the moment Giants fans...Cherish it while you can. But don't think that since you made it to the Superbowl this yr that all of a sudden you are going to become the dominant force in the NFC East.
yep.

as a panthers fan, I was hyped as hell for what was ahead after barely losing to the pats in the superbowl. however, the team turned to ***, and now people want John Fox fired and all kinds of stuff. Just because you get there one year, doesn't mean the team will be the same the following year. It's happened to the Bears, Raiders, Bucs, Eagles, etc.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:49 PM   #27
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
lol, it does feel like being back in the Bronx and everybody getting their point across. Didn't even think about it like that.
all thats missing are the random "son's" between sentences
Old 01-22-2008, 02:51 PM   #28
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
A thread full or Yorkers, i love it!

I feel like im back at the barbershop in queens...

theres the logical ones

the no-matter-what-the-Giants-suck-but-im-still-a-fan ones

and the die hards

I love it
LOL, Well said.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
all thats missing are the random "son's" between sentences
Well back in my day it was the random "word" and "know what I'm saying" between sentences. "Son" was used by the older OLD cats when they was trying to hip you to what you was doing wrong, "Son listen..... ... ok that's how you do it youngblood".
Old 01-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #30
Banned

I really feel that we have a squad that can make deep playoff runs consistently for a few years to come. The only concerns are Toomer and Strahan. Strahan might have 2 more years in him but we have that spot covered when he does bounce so we're good there. Toomer I'm worried about because he is the wily old vet that I think every team needs. When he bounces , although we have some good young stuff, I don't think we have anything that is a combination of what he is now. He still has a step and he's crafty. His craftiness WELL makes up for any youth he may have lost and it's not like he's playing with a cane out there either.

The O line is where I think the next focus should be on. Get some young stuff in now while you still have this line and let it train up and be ready for the years to come.

My "Things to shop for" list over the years would go in this order:

1) Get another solid reciever. Just one first year impact draft or wily not-so-vet reciever and that's all you need
2) Get some O line
3) Get some linebackers

know what I'm saying
Old 01-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
I really feel that we have a squad that can make deep playoff runs consistently for a few years to come. The only concerns are Toomer and Strahan. Strahan might have 2 more years in him but we have that spot covered when he does bounce so we're good there. Toomer I'm worried about because he is the wily old vet that I think every team needs. When he bounces , although we have some good young stuff, I don't think we have anything that is a combination of what he is now. He still has a step and he's crafty. His craftiness WELL makes up for any youth he may have lost and it's not like he's playing with a cane out there either.

The O line is where I think the next focus should be on. Get some young stuff in now while you still have this line and let it train up and be ready for the years to come.

My "Things to shop for" list over the years would go in this order:

1) Get another solid reciever. Just one first year impact draft or wily not-so-vet reciever and that's all you need
2) Get some O line
3) Get some linebackers

know what I'm saying
WORD....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #32
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3

C'mon...someone was on here saying that the Giants will be competitive for the next 10 yrs...? And will take the division by storm. What? They got to the Superbowl...yes, Eli's playing good football...Right Now...But all of a sudden he is gonna sustain his play like he has over the last 4 playoff games for the next 5-10 seasons?

I didn't see anyone saying all that. I will admit I said that I think the Giants have an excellent shot at winning the division next year but that's because i'm a strong believer in what Eli has been doing lately and the confidence this team is playing with SHOULD carry over next year.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »