Home

Does Jim Fassell deserve another HC job?

This is a discussion on Does Jim Fassell deserve another HC job? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #25
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Does Jim Fassell deserve another HC job?

Doesn't Mooch have a working relationship with the current DC for Washington? Seems to me he may be the front runner.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2008, 07:42 PM   #26
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Doesn't Gregg Williams has that thing in his contract where if he doesn't get promoted to head coach of the Skins, they have to pay him a fair amount? Not that Snyder would mind paying it, though...

As for the topic, Fassell can probably still be a head coach. I don't know that he's a great head coach, but he's certainly a competent one.
Williams did, but that idiot Snyder threw consistency out the window and paid Willaims to leave.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 01-31-2008, 09:25 PM   #27
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

I liked Fassell a lot. I still like him better than Coughlin. Fassells approach to offense is what really impressed me. If he never got fired Shockey would've had Antonio Gates like numbers but thats neither here nor there. I would've loved to see Eli under Fassells tuteledge. The way Coughlin gets in your face and screams at you when you mess up is just not the way to motivate players anymore.

But back on topic Fassell would do wonders for that offense, which last year wasnt that good.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #28
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I liked Fassell a lot. I still like him better than Coughlin. Fassells approach to offense is what really impressed me. If he never got fired Shockey would've had Antonio Gates like numbers but thats neither here nor there. I would've loved to see Eli under Fassells tuteledge. The way Coughlin gets in your face and screams at you when you mess up is just not the way to motivate players anymore.

But back on topic Fassell would do wonders for that offense, which last year wasnt that good.
Let me start by saying I like Fassell and think he did a good job in NY and deserves another HC job.

With that said, there is NO reason to think Shocky would have "Antonio Gates" numbers under anybody. There are fundamental differences in his personality and skills that a coach can't magically change. And you say Coughlin's style doesn't work? The Giants are in the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row right? And they're playing in the Superbowl in 2 days. Seems like his style is working to me.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #29
D*d*c*t*d M*t f*n

Metman24's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan
That's actually a good point. That Giants team was the worst of all the SB teams. They got hott at the right team much like this years team.
I always laugh when I hear this. They were 12-4, and won the NFC Chapionship game 41-0.
The score at halftime of that Superbowl was 10-0 I believe. The blowout didn't happen until they went down 2 scores and were forced to try to throw the ball and try to score quick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »